Obviii Meaning?

What is the meaning of the word Obviii? I read the word Obviii at a website called texts from last night.
"I just saw some girl with the liscense plate "OBVIII"...I never wanted to get in a car accident so badly."
What does the word Obviii means?

asked by Margerie in Languages | 16407 views | 12-06-2009 at 09:08 PM

He/she wants to get in a car accident with a girl that has a term on her license plate that many people consider annoying or irritating.. Obvi.
Do you really don't know the meaning of the word Obviii? It means obviously!
I don't know anyone who says "obvi", but that might just be a location thing.

answered by Catherine | 12-06-2009 at 09:12 PM

Not it
Ummm that was obviously not it... I dont know what it means as I was googling it too haha but it does not mean obviously. It was spelled OBVIII and the context is wrong for it to mean obviously.

answered by Guest | 12-06-2009 at 10:49 PM

It IS short for obviously. All number plates are in capitals. The dude on texts from last night is being sarcastic.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=obvi

answered by Guest | 12-07-2009 at 01:10 AM

I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean obviously or else it would just be obvi i'm betting it's obv with the roman numeral 3 after it but I don't know what it means

answered by Guest | 12-07-2009 at 03:14 AM

It means obviously, but the point is that only hard core sorority girls use the abbreviation. The guy wanted to get in an accident with her because he assumed she'd be easy. Really easy.

answered by Guest | 12-07-2009 at 04:34 AM

yes it does people
he wanted to crash his car into the girl who had obviii on her plate because its teen girl losers who say obvi.

answered by Guest | 12-07-2009 at 05:01 AM

Haha did we all just come from that website?? Maybe it'a a cunning ploy to confuse us all. Pretty sure it's not obvious or anything though.

That'd be lame.

answered by Guest | 12-07-2009 at 09:15 AM

pretty sweet
that I'm not the only one that spends like, at least 3 minutes a day learning new words and **** from txtsfrmlstnght.

answered by Guest | 12-07-2009 at 12:41 PM

Shhhh
I love you all... I just googled it cuz I saw it on texts from last night... Only thing I can think of is... Onboard virgins or something

answered by Guest | 12-07-2009 at 03:37 PM

i have to laugh at how many people (including myself) are so intrigued by the meaning of this. it is sad to see how many people are addicted to textsfromlastnight. welp, i have more to read. cya

answered by Guest | 12-07-2009 at 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean obviously or else it would just be obvi i'm betting it's obv with the roman numeral 3 after it but I don't know what it means
realy i thought it was ob with roman numeral 8 after still doesn't make sense

answered by Guest | 12-07-2009 at 08:57 PM

TFSL
Obvi???

Haha - I also came from Text From Last Night - love that page!

answered by Guest | 12-07-2009 at 09:58 PM

LOL yes, we all were confused after reading that post on textsfromlastnight and googled to no avail, ending up here.

why are we not doing more productive things with our time....

i never intend to use "obvi" in short hand or conversation. i just wanted to understand the textsfromlastnight post and get a chuckle out of it.

answered by Guest | 12-08-2009 at 03:59 AM

Seriously, we're making someone rich I'm sure trying to figure out what OBVIII means

answered by Sigurd | 12-11-2009 at 12:18 AM

I also came from txt from last night. But I am pretty sure it does mean obvioulsy. I saw some tool on Mtv actually talking about how he and his friends use obvi all the time. Like " Do you work out?" "Obvi". The 3 I's threw me off but she probably just needed to use all the space on the license. And I'm pretty sure he wanted to wreck his car into her because that is a d-bag saying....not because she is easy or whatever.

answered by Guest | 12-11-2009 at 01:34 AM

it is a character from Halo 3

answered by Guest | 12-11-2009 at 01:38 AM

a halo character? nahhh, that can't be it. i think it's the annoying girl one, that sounds about right. but HAHAH this is so funny how many people are confused by the same thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one

answered by Guest | 12-15-2009 at 09:19 AM

ok i am from the 518 area... and "obvi" IS just an obnoxious way of abbreviating the word obviously... actually it's not an "area thing" people abbreviate words all the time, but it's mostly used by high school girls, 'valley/preppy' girls.... obv, w-t-f, o-m-g, whatev... to name a few examples...

answered by Guest | 12-22-2009 at 08:25 AM

LoL, I thought I would be the only one looking up the meaning after reading it on TFLN
Yay us!

answered by Guest | 12-24-2009 at 11:13 PM

TFLN, bringing the world together. I have no clue what it means, but i'm gonna go with obviously, it makes sense to me. **** sorostitutes.

answered by Guest | 12-28-2009 at 09:40 PM

wow.. TFLN got us all wondering the same thing. maybe one day we will know the real answer

answered by Guest | 12-30-2009 at 09:41 AM

It is a halo character. He wanted to get in a wreck with her to meet a chick that plays halo. You are all retarded.

answered by Guest | 01-30-2010 at 08:04 PM

texts from last night rox!

answered by Guest | 04-13-2010 at 11:39 PM

yeah so apparently everyone wants to know what that means so badly, i also read on TFLN and googled it and this site is now the number one result.

answered by Guest | 06-16-2010 at 10:59 PM

I WISH THE GUY WHO TEXTED IT WOULD GET ON HERE AND SOLVE THIS CRISIS...

answered by Guest | 07-07-2010 at 03:53 PM

Hahahah. This is just plain fun. OBVIII clearly means obvious but it's just funny to me how many people are united by Texts From Last Night. Seems like there's a whole nation of people who enjoy reading about the misfortunes, shortcomings, and accomplishments of others. Drunk or not.

answered by Guest | 09-10-2010 at 02:20 AM

Obviii
OBVIII is actually a character in Halo's name. So this sorority girl is a halo player...

answered by Guest | 12-01-2010 at 12:52 PM

Obviii
It means a "girl who is obviously out for fun and entertainment". You can fill in that subtle statement with whatever you like (I am pretty certain I know what is meant). Often found wearing a low-cut teeny black dress. It is frequently associated with valley and/or North American college girls.

answered by Guest | 01-25-2011 at 05:43 PM

I thought it meant obviate but couldn't figure out the context so I assumed I was wrong and googled it.

answered by Guest | 06-02-2011 at 01:51 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.