Slydial Doesn't Work?

What is everyone's thoughts on Slydial? Have you used it yet?
Slydial doesn't work for me right now.
It is supposed to be a service that you can use to bypass calling someone and go directly into their voicemail and leave a voicemail message...
i really need to slydial someone right now but after i put in their number and wait for the ad it says "we are connecting you to the person's voicemail now" or whatever it doesn't connect it's just silent. Why is not working?

asked by Feather in Mobile Phones | 32023 views | 12-05-2009 at 03:07 PM

Actually, it is working for me now.
Dial 267-SLY-DIAL (267-759-3425). Sly Dial is a free service that is ad supported. You have to listed to ~10 second ad before using the service. Its really easy to use, just dial 267-SLYDIAL and then you will hear a voice prompting you to enter the number you wish to dial. Enter the number you want, and you are automatically connected to the persons voice mail. Leave your message, and they will receive it and just think they missed your call.

answered by March | 12-05-2009 at 03:09 PM

This is from experience - IT DOES NOT WORK.
I have tried it many times and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Don't use it unless you're ready to talk to the person you're slydialing.
Stop saying it works, sometimes it just doesn't.

answered by Daphne | 12-05-2009 at 03:09 PM

uhhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
ZOINKS!!!

answered by Guest | 12-16-2009 at 03:14 PM

it does NOT work
Just tried it now and I heard the ad and voice prompts, placed call...the phone rang 6 times and the person answered the phone....

it is a bs service

answered by Guest | 03-10-2010 at 11:03 PM

It hasn't ever worked for me. I either get a busy signal or there is a recording that says it can't connect to voice mail at this time. It's a bogus service. Period.

answered by Guest | 04-01-2010 at 07:45 PM

it always works

answered by Guest | 04-05-2010 at 09:23 PM

It does work... but today not even the main number works?
It's not working now. I know my husband is in a meeting and I just want to leave him a voicemail. I called the number from lan line at work it says it's not in service and from my cellphone and it says nothing... it rings and goes dead.

It works as long as you don't have caller ID block and you are not calling a PAY AS you go cell phone. It only works on cellphones. So normally I would give it thumbs up but right now it's not working at all.

answered by Guest | 04-26-2010 at 02:15 PM

yes it does
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
It only works for CELL phone numbers not land lines...

answered by Guest | 06-14-2010 at 01:52 PM

I've used it twice and for me it has worked both times. Just as someone already pointed out, it ONLY WORKS FOR CELL NUMBERS. It cannot work for landlines/business lines.

answered by Guest | 06-22-2010 at 07:15 PM

YES! YES! YES!
This is a "Killer App", and I've used it at least 100 times so far. Maybe once or twice it didn't work, but it's usually "spot on". Here's a trick if they have a pre-paid cell: simultaneously dial their # from two phones, and one will bounce you to vm. That should also work if they have a landline w/vm calling features.

answered by Guest | 07-30-2010 at 02:40 AM

it STOPPED working!!!!
the first several months i used it, worked every single time, cell phone to cell phone. what a relief, not having to actually converse just leave a message. then suddenly to my complete surprise, one day the person actually picked up. I was not prepared to talk and must have sounded foolish. Tried it again, same thing. Now i test it out first on my own cell phone and so far it is consistently NOT working. I wish there was some human i could let know. Be very prepared to talk to the person.

answered by Guest | 09-13-2010 at 12:48 AM

I thought it just went straight to voicemail ...IT DOESN'T!!! it rings that persons phone 1st for a least a ring and a half. i was really excited/looking forward to using it but i tested it (i have 2 cell phones) and each time it did get me to the voice mail but it also rang 1st which kind of defeats the purpose for me but i didn't want the phone to ring AT ALL just voice mail oh well my search continues

answered by Guest | 10-05-2010 at 01:31 AM

I thought it was really cool when I heard about it, so I went to go show my mother. "Yeah, SlyDial lets you go straight to voicemail without calling first!" That's crap. Not only did it not work, but my mom's phone started spazzing and ringing randomly for days, saying I was calling her and I wasn't...

answered by Alicia | 11-19-2010 at 08:39 PM

Slydial problem ...
I doesn't work for me ... I always hear several rings, then the message: "sorry we can't connect you, try again later ..."

answered by Guest | 02-13-2011 at 05:18 AM

Slydial is GARBAGE
As stated above, don't use this unless you're ready to talk to the person you're calling. I tried it from a land line to my cell, them from cell to land line just to make sure it worked.
SURE GLAD I TESTED IT FIRST! it rang both times. Came up as 123 on caller ID when made to cell phone. I sure wish it worked. I need to make a very awkward phone call and don't want to speak to her. Maybe I'll text her.

answered by Guest | 04-08-2011 at 11:38 AM

This service is crappy. It does not work. What good is it if it doesn't work?

answered by Guest | 04-10-2011 at 12:30 AM

My experience
I wanted to share my experience with Slydial.

From my cell, my first call I tried placing to myself. Didn't work, OK I can understand them denying this.

2nd call was to my moms voice mail, it worked as expected, except it still rang her phone for about 1 ring before going to VM.

3rd was to a friend standing next to me, same thing as calling my mom

4th and final call, tried calling my boss, it stayed silent the entire time until after about 6seconds he just entered on the line. Ironically my call dropped right as he said hello, since i have such horrible cell reception.

As far as I'm concerned, they dont do what they claim they do, and it doesn't always do even that.

answered by Sean | 05-19-2011 at 09:58 PM

I have used Slydian in the past and it worked very well. The person I called did not receive anything on their cell to indicate that I'd called, other than their usual voicemail indicator. I thought it was great!

I was just trying to use it again today and I am sorely disappointed. I even tried downloading the app to my Android-based cell phone. Using either my landline or cell, the service repeated asked for the number to call and for my cell. Repeatedly. Each time I entered my cell number, Slydial called MY cell, not the cell number I was intending to reach. When I attempted to use the app, I was stopped dead in my tracks by an announcement that I needed to upgrade to the "premium service" in order to use Slydial.

I guess that's the end of Slydial for me. Too bad, too, because it was a great way to get messages to folks without bothering them at work, etc.

Mona C.
Prescott, WI

answered by Guest MC | 06-29-2011 at 02:22 PM

yeah, it doesn't work
I tried calling my own cellphone, and it rings once on the phone, then goes to voice mail. So like this person is saying, don't use it unless you are ready to talk to the person. Which makes it pointless.

Too bad.

answered by Guest | 07-27-2011 at 01:43 AM

Slydial did not work for me. I tried it on three different numbers as a test, and each time the phone rang and the people picked up. Thank goodness I told them a head of time what I was doing.

Waste of time. Don't use this service unless you are okay with speaking to the person, which honestly defeats the purpose of this service.

answered by Claire Marks | 08-07-2011 at 03:26 PM

This has always worked for me unless it is a pre paid cell phone. I recently tried it on my mother in laws land line, and it worked! Phew! I love Sly Dial.

answered by Caryn | 08-18-2011 at 12:44 PM

Worked for me without a hitch, I don't know why people is having so many problems it works just fine on my device.

answered by Guest | 09-15-2011 at 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather View Post
What is everyone's thoughts on Slydial? Have you used it yet?
Slydial doesn't work for me right now.
It is supposed to be a service that you can use to bypass calling someone and go directly into their voicemail and leave a voicemail message...
i really need to slydial someone right now but after i put in their number and wait for the ad it says "we are connecting you to the person's voicemail now" or whatever it doesn't connect it's just silent. Why is not working?
Having the exact same issues. I wonder if declining the text from the advertiser negates the service. I called one person thinking I was going to her voice mail and she picked up the phone!

This service is unreliable at best. But then, you get what you pay for.

answered by Guest | 10-28-2011 at 12:41 AM

For those who say this doesn't work, then you didn't read their FAQ's...I've used it MANY times and it worked EVERY TIME... I tried it on someone who had a prepaid, and as they state, it doesn't work.

Question: Does SlyCall work on every phone?

Answer: No, there are some numbers that simply cannot be 'slydialed'. For example, you can not Slydial someone who has a prepaid mobile phone, does not have voicemail on his/her phone, their voicemail is full, or if they have a third-party voicemail service (e.g. google voice, youmail). In addition, on some occasions, we temporarily may not be able to complete your call due to things like network congestion, network interoperability or local number portability (LNP).

answered by Guest | 11-18-2011 at 06:02 PM

Just tried Slydial now and the person picked up -- to my shock!

I have tried this service four times before; from this exact pre-paid cell number to the exact pre-paid cell number above.

I listened to the full advertisement with the CallerID unblocked.

It has always worked as advertised. Not so this time.

answered by Guest | 12-15-2011 at 08:58 PM

I have to say I was surprised by the comments here. I've used it a couple dozen times and never had a real problem. A few times the rang line busy. I tried it again later and it worked fine. I've NEVER had someone pick-up the phone. I have a "sly" suspicion that the people that wrote that comment were calling landlines, or maybe I've just been really lucky.

Also, the line does typically ring on my end, but I never saw that as a problem so long as I get their voicemail without them picking-up.

answered by Guest | 12-28-2011 at 09:04 PM

Worked for me up until today.
This service worked wonderfully for me up until today. However, I just used it to Slydial an uber talker and it rang a couple times and then she picked up! What the heck? I'm so bummed right now!

answered by Guest | 12-30-2011 at 05:39 PM

its worked always, then one time didn't
I used Slydial regularly. It always worked and I grew to depend on it for business calls when I had too many to return, and no time to talk. One time I used it to call a person that I personally/emotionally did not want to talk to and the person answered. I was calling from an unblocked cell phone to a cell phone. Slydial was always so reliable, so I was shocked to hear the person's voice and ended up having to talk to them. I agree with other users; it works but be prepared to talk, and also know that your phone number comes up in their caller ID-- so don't just panic and hang up. And be prepared when someone asks why you called and it went straight to VM-- this has happened to me several times.

answered by Guest | 01-17-2012 at 05:17 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.