Vince Flynn Books in Order Of Publication?

I have not read any of Vince Flynn books but he appears to write books similar to other authors I like. It looks like most of the books involve the same character and I hate to start in the middle.
Can you read Vince Flynn Books in any order and not have anything left out that messes up the story? What's the order of his books?

asked by Arsenal in Books & Writing | 47424 views | 11-21-2009 at 12:21 AM

Yes, they are best read in order.

However, the books can be understood, for the most part, in any order. Still, you get the full flavor, if you will, and know the characters better in the order they were written.

This is the correct order of Vince Flynn 's books according to the year of publication:

1. Transfer of Power (1999)
2. The Third Option (2000)
3. Separation of Power (2001)
4. Executive Power (2002)
5. Memorial Day (2004)
6. Consent to Kill (2005)
7. Act of Treason (2006)
8. Protect and Defend (2007)
9. Extreme Measures (2008)
10. Pursuit of Honor (2009)

answered by Teo | 11-21-2009 at 12:23 AM

Sorry to Teo - you missed the first book of the series "Term Limits". Mitch Rapp is not there yet but the connection between Scott Colemann and Michael O'Rouke is "dramatized" in this novel.

answered by Guest | 03-21-2010 at 10:57 AM

Mitch Rapp's wife
Just finished reading Flynn's "Memorial Day", couldn't put it down. I have read all the previous books in order and thought that Mitch's wife Anna was killed in one of them, but she is alive in "Memorial Day", did I miss something?

Ron

answered by Guest | 09-11-2010 at 08:50 PM

Super Writer
Flynn's Mitch Rapp character makes "James Bond" look like the real Barney Frank...

What an adventure series and what neat stories! I've "inhaled" every book Flynn has written. The latest, American Assassin, was as powerful as his others. I wondered how Flynn would continue to write after Pursuit of Honor as Mith Rapp was beginning to get too much age on him. But Flynn's tact as a writer was superb and he landed on his feet with American Assassin... I read that book in 2 days... had a real hard time putting my Kindel down.

Read the books in series if at all possible... Term Limits is the only exception.

answered by MTPotter | 12-07-2010 at 02:13 AM

Special Ed teacher/former MI Officer
Yeah, Mitch's wife dies in "Consent to Kill" (2005...I think!) - she is killed by an IED set at their house, while Mitch Rapp [who's JUST outside their house] only gets blown into the bay - to be plucked by some hapless traveler in a boat...so he can later, after recouping, kill EVERYONE involved with her death.

Must admit though [I've read all of Flynn's books, except "Protect & Defend" - reading it now; "Act of Treason" (2006); "Extreme Measures" (2008); & "Pursuit of Honor" (2009)..!!], THIS NOVEL IS SURELY ONE OF HIS BEST...!

answered by Guest | 03-16-2011 at 12:45 AM

Consent to kill is definitely my favorite book.

answered by Guest | 03-23-2011 at 08:42 PM

Just started!
I've always read Lee Child & Stephen Leather because of the Dan "Spider" Shephard and Jack Reacher characters until I came across American Assassin & my god what a book! Mitt Rapp is awesome, but I thought this was the first book because it introduced him as a kid in training to become an Assassin... I had no idea there were more books!
I'm now reading Transfer of power. I want to start from the beginning and read all of them in order so I assume Transfer of power then the third option is the way forward?

answered by Guest | 09-13-2011 at 10:40 PM

American Assasin
I did the same as the prior reader- picked up American Assassin in August at an airport not knowing anything about the series and reading it first, "blind". It was awesome and throughout it I had no idea if Mitch was a real patriot or a foreign plant or whatever! I have now read all of the Vince F book series (not Term Limit) through to Extreme Measures - and will be finishing the series in time for his newest which is due to be published next month in February 2012. I highly recommend any newbies to start with American Assassin- it worked for me for sure!

answered by Guest | 01-03-2012 at 10:14 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.