STOPPIT
Guys stop quoting long paragraphs only to make longer paragraphs it's way too long and no-one wants to Read it ...let alone type back >.>

answered by Guest | 12-02-2010 at 03:47 AM

To be honest I'm getting this as a tattoo! I might have a lot of faith or I'm confused on the whole "God" thing! But this prayer has a different meaning for everyone. For me it means do right and get rid of the filth of the world. Ive been hurt a lot in my life and I believe the people that hurt me should all burn in hell! So this prayer has a lot of meaning to me and I'm not religious. You people are arguing about "god this and god that". To some people its not even about God. Nor is it about the Movie. It doesn't matter who wrote it. All my tattoos have meaning to me. Now just getting this as a tattoo just because it sounds cool is retarded you should get a tattoo that you wont regret getting so when your older you can look at it and still have that same meaning to it has it did when you got the tattoo. And I think thats smart. Its your body do what you will. But you should never insult someone for getting this tattoo if it has their own meaning for getting it.

answered by Guest | 12-02-2010 at 09:39 AM

What if i put "Amen" instead of "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" would that be wrong?

answered by Guest | 12-06-2010 at 09:57 AM

Actually, according to Leviticus in the old testament it is a sin to tattoo your body. Would depend on if you, as a Christian, believe that Jesus did away with the old testament when he said things like its no longer an eye for an eye, now its turn the other cheek. If you subscribe to that then the tattoo is fine, but if you still use the old testament along with the new then, yes, its a sin (has nothing to do with worshiping other gods, just defacing your temple). If you are Jewish then it is a sin as the Laws of Leviticus still apply, which, coincidentally are the same laws which Muslims, Bahi, and many others follow. Hmmmmm, kinda makes you wonder what we are all fighting about if we all had the same rudimentary laws and beliefs.

answered by Guest | 12-09-2010 at 06:27 AM

To Everyone Who Is On This Post!!!
Well i just took 2 hours of my time reading everyone's messages before i wrote mine and the only reason i am here in the first place is because i wanted to know the meaning of this tattoo, but it turned into a huge religious argument. well im gonna say my peace about everything and hopefully someone will read it and maybe it will make a difference in someones life. To everyone who has posted on there and to everyone who is going to post on here: you can only believe in what YOU want to believe in. No one can tell you to believe in God or not to believe in God. See what is great about God is He does not tell us what we HAVE to do, He gives us CHOICES in our daily lives. He does not say you MUST have this or you MUST have that, but He says you can have either one you want or you can have both if you like.

God allows us to have our cake and eat it too. For all believers who are reading these post, why do you criticize others for their non believes or other believes that are different from yours, it gives Christianity a bad name, so please dont judge or criticize others. To all the people who have a different believe than what i do, you make your own choices in life, you know the difference between right and wrong, so believing in something different from me doesn't mean a thing, we are equals on earth, every last one of us.

But to me God is all about having a relationship. He is like our dad, He will always love you no matter what you do and He will praise you for what you do right, but when we do wrong, which everyone does wrong, we will be punished. But the great thing about a fathers love, is no matter how many times we screw up He is going to forgive us and be standing there with arms wide open for us to run to every single time we mess up. Who wouldn't want that? Well i have said my peace and I dont know a single person who is going to read this or even if it is goin to get read, but i love you and God does too.

answered by Drew Stephens | 12-11-2010 at 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
can we not type GOD on here or is it necessary for you to just blank out a letter?
Are you kidding dude? The whole point of the movie revolves around helping GOD out by liquidating bad guys. if you dont like people to say a simple 3 letter word like GOD, get a life. the world doesn't, and never will revolve around you.

answered by Guest | 12-12-2010 at 09:14 PM

Guys really come on the kid asked for the meaning of the prayer not if y'all do or don't beleive in god. everyone is entitled to there own opinion so stop bickering like children alright and for the guy asking for the meaning. honestly i think what you think it means to you is what it means alright i mean come on i have 1st Corinthians Chapter 13 tattooed on me. and to all those who say a tattoo is a sin well god gave us the minds to make the equipment to do tattoos so. just like god did give us wings to fly but he gave us the intelligence to build air plains and stuff.

answered by Guest | 12-13-2010 at 03:32 PM

Quote:
WoW, I love a good theological discussion, especially when people quote believing in God then hypercritically make statements that are against the book and entity they say they believe in. No religion, faith or belief system of any kind is about unjustified violence and war yet all have been announced as reason for it except for Buddhism. As for the belief in GOD, does the phrase love thy neighbor mean nothing to you any more? Is it just a throw away thing that is pulled out for convenience? This world is full of differences and beliefs and everyone should learn to respect these. Faith, religions and belief systems should never be pushed on anyone and should be optional with a door always open attitude. I for one envy anyone with belief. I wish I had their passion but I don't. The ideas are good but I struggle with the magical elements (water into wine, eight armed deity's etc). At the end of the day acceptance should be the order of the day, if something makes sense for you as long as it causes no one harm then go for it and don't let anyone tell you different because this is your life my friend and not for anyone else to tell you what to do. Boondock Saints is an awesome movie and the sequel, whilst not a patch on the first outing, is a jolly good romp. If the prayer means some to you then do it.
Spot on my friend. BDS was a fantastic movie! Also - Christians in Non-Christian territory wore a tattoo of a fish (I really cannot fathom a proclaimed Christian does not know this) on the backs of their necks, under their hair. This was to identify themselves to other Christians..... Some should know their own beliefs.

answered by Guest | 12-17-2010 at 08:19 PM

comment to tattoo
You are all f****** stupid getting a tattoo is not a sin.

answered by Guest | 12-19-2010 at 05:38 PM

hangover
Quote:
its not a sin to get a tat, its just frowned upon, yes your body is a temple of god but i know priests with tattoos, so its not a sin just frowned upon and it depends on the priests belief on tattoos
its just frowned upon, like masterbating on an airplane

answered by Guest | 12-24-2010 at 05:48 AM

I don't know what anyone has wrote, but I know there will be ONE at least, this will help.

I am currently 19 years old. For 12 years of my life, I lived in Natchez, Mississippi at the time and was a pastor's kid. Later it was discovered my dad cheated on my mom...........Corruption right? I was mad at my dad, the people of the church because they shunned us, and even more so at God. Luckily my parents are still together. My dad lost his "preaching license" and we were in debt and we moved out of shame. I live in Colorado Springs where I live with my parents in an apartment. We NOW just are able to financially hold ourselves together again. It's been rough living between my Aunt, my older brother and my mom's friend from work. I literally feel like I'm in the book of JOB. No matter what...EVERYONE could die and I would still believe in God. That is what I have grown up with and what will always be.

Some aspects I want you to look at Christianity is:

Matthew 7:2-"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you"
...Now if you're telling someone they're ignorant for not believing in God, you're just as ignorant. The way I see it, if I don't believe in God and you tell me that. I'm gonna say **** you and be that much further away from God. Simple.

The God I have grown up with is loving and understanding.If a muslim family(or any other religious family) have a baby. It's more than likely, he/she will be Muslim too. This is what she will grow up with and this is what she knows all her life. She was born to serve Ala-this is what he/she computes. How can a God of such love and understanding send like the above to hell? This is exactly the reason why I don't believe he does

Now, with tattoos... It's really hard for me to say whether it is considered a sin or not,
Leviticus 19: 28- "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I [am] the LORD," which I got from the king's James version(my preferred version) Every other translation will say "tattoo"
If anyone is sent to HELL for having a tattoo, we are seriously all ******. We have done many things in our lives that are far worse; morally, financially, emotionally, physically. I'm not saying it's an excuse to get a tattoo, I'm just saying. Ha. To me, if you CARE and are scared to get a tattoo and believe in God...You might want to pray first and clear anything up before getting one. If you have one and regret it just oh so terribly. There's always meat grinders.

To anyone that are fed up with Know-it-all, judgmental Christians, I do not blame you. Acception and non-judgment is so essential to believing or wanting to believe. Just talk to the right ones.

answered by Guest | 12-24-2010 at 12:10 PM

This payer is full of strength and clear context.. I feel that if you didn't know what it meant then it is really not something you should get tattooed on your body I have it as well as other friends and we believe that this is our way of showing god we do believe even if we don't know what to believe in... Faith is faith no matter what it is faith in. That's what i feel and I will always be more inclined to do the right thing with my prayer with me forever. And to the person who said it was fake and s***. I would like to know what beliefs you have. And if you have non like I assume you do not how can you criticize people for theirs.

answered by Guest | 01-05-2011 at 03:55 PM

What is this crap about Omitting the word God? Like taking Christ out of Christmas! I dont care if your athirst, Muslim, Scientologist, or a Jew! You need to learn to have respect for others beliefs! One of my best friends is Jewish and when I say "Merry Christmas" to him he says "Happy Channukkah"! I'm a proud Catholic, so I shouldn't have to change MY BELIEFS or the way I LIVE just because there are other people out there other than Christians! And on the tattoo subject, there's no Commandment saying Tattoos are a sin. And the prayer is simple, it means they follow God's will and send the souls of evil men to him as they beleive he has commanded them.

answered by Guest | 01-05-2011 at 06:08 PM

Um I just love the way catholic/ christian people are judging everyone. I thought the only person who could judge is god... believe in what u want to believe in and just be happy....dude in MY opinion if your liking the idea of getting the tattoo go for it its your body don't let all these religious comments. Sway your choice.

THE FONZ BE WITH YOU ! Hahaha

answered by Guest | 01-06-2011 at 10:57 AM

Wow so how did this go from talking about the prayer of one of the most badass movies ever to an all out war between everyone and their mother... seriously? One person says something that offends someone else and then all hell breaks loose. I think everyone needs to get out a little bit, smoke some, get wasted, f*** your woman or something else besides sit on the net and yell through txt at people that are like 500 miles away from each other.

answered by Guest | 01-07-2011 at 09:49 AM

Quote:
you guys need a little more faith if you don't believe in god than how did you get here and where did everything come from it didn't just appear from nothing you don't believe in religion
Well, quite frankly, I got here by my dad's sperm fertilizing my mother's egg, and then my mother got fat, and I shot out her va gina.

answered by Guest | 01-10-2011 at 03:27 PM

Bible and getting inked
It doesn't say not to get a tattoo.

answered by Guest | 01-14-2011 at 07:47 AM

I have this to say. I do not personally believe in God, but I do believe that religion is good in some ways and bad in others. Religion teaches people to be moral, to help others in need, not to judge or commit crimes. It creates a better world. The problem is not with religion, but with the people practicing it. It is not religion's fault that wars were started over it by people who have skewed from what they believe in. Those of you who claim belief and yet judge those who do not have faith are ridiculous. I believe that if there should be a God, then on judgment day it will be the one that lived a righteous life that enters heaven, not he who blindly follows a religion, but does not practice it outside of church. I don't judge those who have faith in any God or those who have none at all. You all are no better than me, and I am no better than you. We are all human. We are all equal.

answered by Guest | 01-19-2011 at 01:41 AM

Quote:
the prayer blatantly says that they're there to kill bad people in the name of GOD.....
What about the Crusades! They killed EVERYBODY who didn't believe exactly what they did. They killed entire villages of men, women, and children. ALL IN THE NAME OF GOD! Don't act like it's never happened before. And like they said, it is a made up prayer for a fictional movie.
Everyone needs to believe in what they believe and quit trying to make others feel the same.
We are who we are. Everything I've been through is different from what you've been through. Everyone deals with it differently. Some find faith, some go mental, some just don't believe.
Just let it be, yeah?

answered by Guest | 01-19-2011 at 12:36 PM

It literally makes me sick to know you don't believe in God.
how do you think this world was even created?
do you honestly believe you "evolved" from a monkey?
or wait, a germ?!
Crack open a bible..Read it. Understand the meaning of it. and if you cant understand the meaning, ask someone..PRAY. Ask GOD to come into your heart body mind and soul.

I'm 17 years old and i have A LOT Left to learn...I am the most imperfect person alive...I've made mistakes..i slip up and yes I've drank and partied..but you wont catch me acting it up in church....I ask for forgiveness and i know God has a special plan for me. Just like he has a plan for you.

He loves you no matter what sins you have committed...he cares about you and he wants you to have a good life on earth and an even better after life with him in his kingdom in heaven.. I'm telling you if you would just listen to me, you would become a happy person..you would be so much better off...I'm begging you actually just take my word for it,GOD IS REAL.

He is with me every second of everyday..and he is with you as well..Please don't keep on with your selfish ways and spend eternity in hell. As for the movie The boondock saints goes, it is my favorite movie and the prayer is awesome... As for the guy wanting a tat, i mean hey...do what ya want, i would just make sure its something with SELF meaning..like i have a tattoo that is in memory of my Brother & my daddy..but its your life..

But please all remember...your body will be put in the ground...but where will your Soul be in the END? (: thanks and have a great life....
I hope the best for you all (:
with love, K

answered by Guest | 01-21-2011 at 05:19 PM

It is a sin to have a tattoo
It is a sin to have a tattoo, read this: Leviticus 19:28 read it from your own bible so that you do not think I am adding words in or anything like that

answered by Guest | 01-24-2011 at 04:42 AM

Crazy to get the tat
The prayer is essentially saying that these guys are doing God's work by killing criminals, acting as judge, jury, and executioner.

According to the Old Testament:

You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead, nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD. (NASB) Leviticus 19:28

However, that quote which is the only direct reference to tattoos in the bible, is out of context. It is referring to tattoos as a part of religious ceremony. The Bible says nothing about simple tattoos for generic purposes. The only reference addressing that is found in several places in the Bible and says that everything you do should be done in the name of God. If you think God would object AT ALL, then don't do it.

In other words, Getting a tattoo of a cross as a way of praising God, that's fine. Get a tat with demonic implications, bad. Get a Ford blue oval on your arm, remember it's Gods temple. Would you paint a ford logo on your church building sanctuary walls? Probably not.

answered by Guest | 01-24-2011 at 05:53 PM

Quote:
can we not type GOD on here or is it necessary for you to just blank out a letter?
Wouldn't that just be disgracing the intent of the meaning?

answered by Guest | 01-25-2011 at 01:55 AM

Quote:
Its a sin to get a tatoo kinda ironic huh
Not exactly true. Revelations 19:16 says that God Himself has a tattoo on his leg. So...boo-yah.

answered by Guest | 01-26-2011 at 02:35 AM

You can email me if you dont like what I said to.
You guys are so funny. For those people who don't believe, then don't *****. I was reading some of these things on here of what everyone is saying, and some people are right and others are just ignorant. The reason why people don't believe is because of whats going on in there life.

Because you guys think that if GOD doesn't answer your prayer then there is no god, well that's just ignorants for real. I use to think the same way, but if you can get on a computer and talk s*** then you don't have it that bad, like some people do out there.

He is one person, yes he is powerful but there are people out there that need his help more, than you selfish people. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be here, if it wasn't for him sacrificing himself for us we wouldn't be here. I think you guys should actually pick up a bible and read it, not watch the movie Passion of the Christ, read the bible. I use to be like some of you people, that nothing went right in my life and I would pray and nothing would happen, I would get mad and say there is no god.

But there I thought about it more, I have a place to live, food in my stomach a job, and there is people out there who don't eat everyday, and don't have a place to live or a job, so what am I bitching for. I got on here because I'm thinking about getting the tattoo, because I believe and no what it means, so before anyone else gets it tatted on them make sure you can stand by it, don't put it on your body because it sounds cool or it looks cool, because in the end how you act god will choose your bath or where your going.

Everybody in the world there life is already made for them, yes it can change on how you want to choose your life, but like I said in the end God gets to choose where you'll be. So for them none believers out there who want to get this tattoo on them, your fools.

God is good and he works in mysteries ways, so think about it read the bible, it would do some of you good. Don't get the prayer if you don't believe, cause if you do it has no meaning, it would just be a tattoo with words that you truly know NOTHING about. If anyone has a problem you can write me personally, I would be MORE than happy to keep coming at you people all day, and hit you with the bible!!

My email is *****@aol.com, Hit me up!

answered by TIFFANY | 02-03-2011 at 11:30 PM

wow!
So most of you people get a life instead of telling other how to believe I personally am catholic and view only the ten commandments as a sin i have watched both b ds one and two and believe the message is very clear. after all everything happens for a reason and the director got this idea from somewhere.....GOD....for those that don't understand. i actually plan to get a couple tats myself once i get back from basic and hope to get one that the brothers have so peace everyone....GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

answered by Guest | 02-07-2011 at 06:14 AM

I am a minister and I have the tattoo it is inside of a celtic cross that takes up my whole back, tattoos are not a sin.

answered by Guest | 02-12-2011 at 08:16 AM

This is an amazing prayer, I don't care if it was made up by the director besides all prayers were made up its the fact that you are praying is what matters.

And about the tattoo meaning thing its a good thing to know the meaning of something before you get it tattooed on your body. And don't get a tattoo just cause it's cool, the tattoo you get should have some sort of meaning to you.

answered by Guest | 02-14-2011 at 02:17 AM

Learn ,,
Quote:
It is not a sin to to get a tattoo,
Christ said, I write each of my children's names on my each hands.

answered by Guest | 02-14-2011 at 06:19 AM

Lawl. It's amazing how people get all worked up about their religion. This is why I don't associate my self with religions. The bibles nothing but paper but yet people get pissed when others don't have the save opinions as them. My opinion is my opinion, Your opinion is yours so don't tell me what to believe.

If your in a dark room alone locked in and only had Gasoline, A Bible and a lighter what would you do? Lighting the gasoline is pointless without having any form of keeping the fire going. Lighting the bible pages keeps the fire burning. Not one of you would say "Yeah I'll just sit here in the dark" It's total bull****, You will go insane without light. so Suck it up, It's Paper stop getting all e-boner happy about your religious ideals.

Btw, **** god, **** the bible, **** religions. If god was real would he save you from being brutally murdered? Nope didn't think so so Sit Down and Shut the **** up.

answered by Guest | 02-28-2011 at 01:58 AM

Nah 16yr olds wouldn't be into religious debates, even though I'm 17 hah.
I just heard this passage off a song and then tried to find out what it means
when i found this site it gave me a lot of insights.
But i swear whenever a person says one thing here they get raged at.
I'll probably be raged at next haha.
Good luck with the tat I'm thinking of getting it too.

answered by Guest | 03-05-2011 at 03:30 AM

It is not a sin to get a tattoo, read the new testament duh.

answered by Guest | 03-08-2011 at 07:55 PM

Getting the tat as well put down my side... its a badass tattoo... in my opinion its definitely worth it.

answered by Guest | 03-14-2011 at 06:46 PM

Wow
Wow....why is getting a tattoo a sin? because the Bible that was written years and years ago says so? Times have changed...and so have the norms. And if getting a tattoo of something to honor God is a sin...then you all have lost your minds. To the original question asker, I hope you got your answer, and I think for the right reasons if you got this tattooed it would be super. It does not matter who wrote it, tons of people have their own prayers they say at supper time, or before bed...Open minds people...Open minds..

answered by Hebbs0321 | 03-17-2011 at 01:56 AM

My two cents...
Just a quick note, then y'all can bash me too if you want.... This is for all the people that say tattoos are a sin:

The Bible has been debated since it was written. No one knows the actual translation! So unless you speak the ancient language it was written in, the Bible is up for personal interpretation.

I've seen references to Leviticus, Revelations & so on. Good for you. You have read the Bible. In doing so, you should have also seen many passages that say time & time again "GOD is judge" not you. If someone wants a tattoo, who are you to tell them they are sinners?

The Bible tends to contradict itself in places. The Revelations passage about writing on the body contradicts the Leviticus passage about the same topic!

So as i said, the Bible is up for PERSONAL interpretation. It's a guide! Not law! Be good, try to do right & you will reach your PERSONAL heaven. And... last time I checked.... tattoos didn't hurt anybody except maybe the person getting one!

Happy Debating, Everyone!!

answered by Guest | 04-04-2011 at 01:51 AM

Just because I don't believe in God or think I will be punished for my sins or something it doesn't mean that I want to rob banks or killing other people, you know, some people actually wants the best for everybody without being scared into it by some almighty power.

answered by Guest | 04-08-2011 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
You don't believe in God? Wouldn't you rather live life believing there is one, to find out there isn't, than to live life believing there isn't one, to find out there is?
That's like telling someone "wouldn't you rather live your life believing in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy?" Why should anyone live their life "believing" in a silly myth, donating money to the rulers of the silly myth club, and supporting the ludicrous tales made up by people back before there was a basic understanding of our own world. In other words, don't tell me to believe a story made up by someone who lived when the world was flat and the author wiped his butt with his hand because toilet paper was still 1,900 years from being invented.

answered by Guest | 04-15-2011 at 12:02 PM

OK I'm not religious but I do respect others beliefs lets try not to shove our beliefs down each others throat...with that said jabbing a needle covered in ink might not kill you but the fact that there is a chance that it could carry a disease or any kind of harmful bacteria is still there and yes i know "go to a professional" be that as it may even the cleanest cook can give you food poison....so know that there is that chance you are agreeing to harm gods temple and that is a sin so......lol what ever I've got tattoos plus eating a cheeseburger or smoking a cigarette is the same thing....to a real christian anything bad should be considered a sin...but we all know how most of you over look the fine print but to each his own enjoy your worshiping and such p.s. no punctuation at all...deal with THAT SUCKERS.

answered by Guest | 04-19-2011 at 11:29 AM

I love the Boondock Saints movie and the prayer..... I'm getting it tatted on my shoulder next week. No1 needs to mouth and say that we shouldn't get it tatted on us and that its a sin. Everyone has their own opinions this is just mine. If someone wants to do that to themselves let them. Until it's your son or daughter wanting it just locked it up.

answered by Guest | 04-21-2011 at 03:18 PM

I just wanted to put in my two cents;

The facts first; I am an analytical, scientific person. I like Boondock Saints for its message. I am not religious, I do not believe in God. I do, however, believe in the message religion puts forth in theory.

I don't see why those of religion (not faith, because I do have faith, just a different kind that what is conventional) and those of science can't put their differences aside. If this guy wants to tattoo a well written prayer on himself, whoever first wrote it, then by all means, he should do it. It's not just what the prayer means in literary form, but also what it means to him. Whenever I hear that prayer, I think of justice, righteousness and truth. Doing what is right not because you have to, but because you very well can. Not idly standing by as bad things are being done to your environment and the people part of it. THAT'S what that prayer means to ME, as a SCIENTIFIC person.

What the prayer actually means doesn't matter, it oughtn't be a deciding factor to have it tattooed on you, yes or no. It's what it means to you, as a reminder that you shan't, ever, stand by idly when someone is deliberately harming another - whether you do this in the name of God, in good, moral enlightenment, or in the name of your bleeding hamster. It doesn't really matter. All that matters is that you do it, and you don't hesitate about it for ONE second.

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Boondock Saints, beginning scene.

answered by Guest | 05-09-2011 at 03:23 PM

Not a sin?
Actually according to the bible getting a tattoo is a sin. As well as getting a piercing. They're considered sins because it is modifying god's work. Now, you don't have to look at it as a sin but technically, it is. Personally, I'm very religious but I want to get many piercings and tattoos.

Yes, I do believe it's a sin but it's a minor one and that if I ask god for forgiveness he shall forgive me. Also, in the long run, no matter how many piercings and tattoos I end up getting, the good deeds i've done will far out weigh the sins I have committed and god shall forgive me. Personally I think that tattoos are simply expression of one's self and referring to what many other people have stated, the bible was also written by someone as well so just because the prayer was written by the director of the movie doesn't mean it's meaningless. Honestly, I not only believe that the prayer sounds really badass but it's also a meaningful prayer.

It's you saying that you will do whatever you can in order to help god and you will serve him to the best of your ability. I don't know about anyone else but I think that it would be a great tattoo. It's the same basic idea of getting a cross tattoo which I plan on getting eventually.

answered by Guest | 05-21-2011 at 11:15 PM

Yeah I'm never one to judge people for what they believe you know whatever helps you sleep at night, but for you religious people out there there are some people that have a hard time just accepting the old mantra of to put it simply "god made it this way or god says this is how it is."

Personally I don't believe in god or your views but that always gets me the response of "your stupid your an idiot your going to hell" and my personal favorite which you stated how do you explain how everything exists where did it all come from.

Well my friend there you were looking for answers and the bible gave them to you I'm happy that you found something that works for you but your answer might be to simple for others and I'm going to say this again m not judging you or your beliefs but as I was saying your answer is a little to simple for me god did it and that's that I've looked into most of the religions out there and there basically just guidelines for people to live good lives.

Personally I never took faith in a bong or any other drugs and for you to say just cause someone doesn't think the same way as you do their on drugs and going to hell you know there are a lot of religions out there how do you know that yours is right their are even older religions that yours is based off but who's to say well other than have faith that god doesn't want me to put all my faith in my self take care of myself and work hard for what I get instead of praying for a hand out from him maybe he wants you all to do the same just live a good life and just one more thing because this is becoming some what of a rant if only god can judge should you stop doing so just cause someone doesn't agree with what you believe.

answered by Guest | 06-28-2011 at 01:22 PM

Check out Ezekiel 25:1-17 it does not say in exact words but its pretty close to what the prayer symbolizes.

answered by Guest | 07-09-2011 at 06:54 PM

tattoos and piercings
I saw a bumper sticker today that said, "Body piercings saved my life." And it was a picture of the Jesus' hands nailed to the cross. I don't believe tattoos or piercings are a sin...just a form of self expression....I say go for it.

answered by Guest | 07-13-2011 at 01:51 AM

Wow I only read a few of the comments. I wanted to know what the supposed meaning was. I didn't want to read a religious debate. If I wanted to hear that id go to church!

answered by Guest | 07-13-2011 at 03:43 PM

Hey guys... it's a movie. Chill out and stop being so dramatic over just a film.
I can't tell you all live with your moms in her basement.

answered by Guest | 07-25-2011 at 04:52 AM

Quote:
Are you kidding me? you are whats wrong with this world. You're "offended" by name that people find security. Do you really have that much free time on your hands where you're going to worry about someone typing God. Get a life, a job and find some self respect. Thank YOU.

answered by Guest | 08-14-2011 at 02:24 AM

All these replies are full of poor grammar. Half-wits.

answered by Guest | 08-16-2011 at 05:48 AM

wow
Quote:
It's not a sin to get a tattoo. That only pertained to a certain tribe. The new covenant (which is to Christians) says to glorify God in the body. 1 Corinthians 6:20. This has nothing to do with tattoos. Please, research things for yourself before you assume them.

answered by Asa | 08-16-2011 at 06:14 AM

idiot
Quote:
the prayer blatantly says that they're there to kill bad people in the name of GOD.....
It's not against Christianity to kill in the name of God. It's biblical. Read the book of Joshua. He kills a bunch of people with a jawbone of an animal. Killing is only a sin if it isn't because of war or a calling of God.

answered by Guest | 08-16-2011 at 06:31 AM

Quote:
It's not a sin to get a tattoo because even Jesus had "engravings." "I would never forget you! See, I have engraved your name on the palms of my hands” Though he was talking about the piercings the cross made. And it never says anywhere that you cannot actually get a tattoo. I know many pastors who have tattoos.

answered by Guest | 08-16-2011 at 03:59 PM

Quote:
It is not a sin to get a tattoo.
the verse saying it is a sin to get a tattoo is in the context of worshiping false idols.
Which is a sin.
Not the tattoo
Honestly way back when the priest had the cross tattooed on there head so you knew who the holy men were.

answered by Guest | 08-16-2011 at 10:23 PM

Let him say what he wants and believe what he wants because he is just as equal as you and me, God made us the same we just choose to do things different.

answered by Guest | 08-20-2011 at 03:58 AM

Quote:
That is open for interpretation. It says to treat your body as God's temple and to not desecrate God's temple.

If this is the case, and you can't get tattoos, then you can't eat fried foods anymore, drink booze or soda anymore, etc.

See how stupid that sounds in this day and age?

answered by Guest | 08-26-2011 at 04:23 PM

Boondock Saints Prayer Tattoo
If you are going to get the Tat dude put it Irish or Celtic ... Without the Latin at the end.

answered by TitainumMarshmallow | 09-02-2011 at 02:42 PM

Quote:
you guys need a little more faith if you don't believe in god than how did you get here and where did everything come from it didn't just appear from nothing you don't believe in religion . . . let me guess you probably have some problems in your life you find yourself getting pissed off a lot put your faith in a higher power other than your bong and realize life isn't just what you make it god had a plan for you he started you off on the right track and if you fell off it and don't wanna get back on that's your choice have fun in hell I'm not saying you have to believe in any religion but talking about something you know nothing about cause you don't believe its worth your time you have no business talking about

I'm just going to ask, are you dumb? I mean looking down on anyone's Beliefs is wrong, but dude you saying everything didn't just appear? dude if your so called god made everything where the **** did he/she come from, oh wait he/she came from NOTHING, and why would he make us the only life forms in this solar system? Because he didn't, now you need to bend over take the stick out your ass and think for yourself and not take in everything that your Christian friends say as truth, because truth is, me, you, nor anyone else on this planet knows for sure where we came from. And yeah I do have problems in my life, but at least I don't look down on anyone's beliefs just because I don't think the same way.

answered by Guest | 09-07-2011 at 07:31 PM

It's a sin to do about everything... so who cares?

answered by Guest | 09-08-2011 at 08:55 PM

Why Not Post
The question i have wondered is if there is no God.... then why the hell are we alive? Is it seriously just to make money working your entire ******* life and pay people who make more money than you to make sure you can have a roof over your head and have food on your plate every night. Seriously if you think about it that way i feel like why the hell would you want to put the curse of the damn world on your kids. It's kinda sad. Personally I believe in Jesus as Lord.

His command is just to Love him and Everyone. And if you love him then if you sin then you will be forgiven because he sacrificed him self for our sins. You know it is pretty intense to think about someone willingly sacrificing their self for every living soul that has and is yet to come. I always think why the hell would he? What reward did he get? Blows my mind. Any ways I love God and I love you all. It's a struggle to do both at times cause **** happens but you know what in the end I will share Jesus with someone because I believe I'm here for a special reason not to just live in my own personal bubble and die in it. But to try to make a difference in every persons life that i encounter. That's what Jesus did for me he healed me of a terminal lung disorder just from a couple of people praying for me in the name of The Father The Son and The Holy Spirit and you know what I wanna do the same for any one else.

Love Life, Live it too the Fullest and Bring and make as Many Friends as possible.

answered by James | 09-08-2011 at 09:49 PM

It's not a sin to get a tattoo who ever told you that has never read the bible. I think that many priests have tattoos actually, some of them are religious and some have other meanings.

answered by Guest | 09-09-2011 at 09:47 PM

As far as the whole fear mongering crap, "it's a sin" nonsense to get a tattoo...if the uneducated, bible thumping, self righteous, backwoods-rednecks, care to educated; just flip over to turn to the history channel and pay attention. Tattoos date back centuries.... from the Roman empire and before humans have marked themselves for various reasons....so give me a break.

Tattoos have been used by our service men and women in arms. Ancient tribes used tattoos to scare their enemies, or other cultures used them as a "right of passage" into adult hood. Sin, bah; so many people claim to know what "God" intends for us as his children, made in his own image. Using "sin" is nothing more than "fear mongering." I will trust God's and Jesus judgement of me; not some Sunday Christian who cheats their brother on Monday and uses their religion as a shield for their REAL MOTIVES....I guess we call these people "false prophets"?

While I do think this prayer is a figment of the "Hollywood" film making folks, I can see meaning in it. If it means something to you and it is important to you, and you have thought about it for months....then who am I to say "no"....I say "do it for all the right reasons" not because it is "cool'.

Within days I will fly to a far away place...I have the shield of St Michael, the Arc Angel around my neck- I wore it as a police officer-now I wear it again as the armor of God for my soul. St Michael, is God's warrior, and his commanding general. In the end of days, God will not be loving, or forgiving...he will be a vengeful warrior and he will destroy the enemies of his kingdom....to be honest...that's the side I wanna be on and I go forward in belief, that what I am going to be called upon to do...is his work..even if it means, I send a "river of souls" to him....I pray of his guidance, and forgiveness as I go forward...but like Michael, I will do it faithfully. I think this movie, try's to play on that theme....but being a "vigilante" IS what this movie was about....I think when the "good" destroy the "evil" in this world- it is because God has commanded it...not something I chose to do. I am nothing more than his tool- if it happens....I am not a "vigilante".

In the words of this line made in Hollywood, I see meaning. So, I say, "it's your choice and whatever you do...choose wisely".

Ignore all the self righteous people who claim to know what "God" thinks or has said...The Bible is a "guide" for us to live our lives by-it was written in a time when the world was a far different place...it has meaning today...but if we take it "literally" we would be "stoning" people and cutting off hands, we don't do that either.

answered by Guest | 09-09-2011 at 10:41 PM

Tattoos and piercings ARE not a sin... and if you think that they are go back and read your bible! Its not anywhere in there nor should you be taught differently by your pastor. Jesus had tattoos and piercings they just weren't the modern art forms that we know of today.

answered by Guest | 09-10-2011 at 06:01 PM

Quote:
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti....in the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit. Hebrew/latin
There isn't a single word of Hebrew in "In nomeni Patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti." That's all Latin.

In = In (one of the few words that has not changed)
nomeni = the name
Patri = the father ("of" did not exist in Latin)
et = and
fili = the son
spiritus = spirit
sancti = sacred, which would then be culturally translated to "holy" in English based on context.

answered by Guest | 09-20-2011 at 03:49 PM

Islam
I am a proud Muslim and in Islam Hell is very real and it is permanent for those who are evil doers not just non- believers but Muslims believe that every Muslim will be pardoned and sent to heaven in the end and Sir I am very honored that you have talked about Islam in such a high regard because nowadays everyone wants Muslims to die and I am very proud of a Muslim here.

I have always loved to discuss about religion with everyone and of every faith because this way my knowledge gets increased and it helps me understand the world better. To my atheist brothers I respect you very much because unlike sheep you have thought for yourself and come up with the conclusion of being an atheist or agnostic because even in Islam there are many people who just follow others like sheep not thinking for themselves so I salute your intelligence and I would like to discuss religion with you.

answered by Zarak | 09-22-2011 at 06:26 AM

No prayer just the Cross
I have yet to get the prayer put on but I've got the cross... not just because of im a fan of the movie but a fan of the message of the movie " Evil shall prevail when good men fail to act."

answered by Guest | 10-07-2011 at 11:21 PM

no regrets
Quote:
You probably shouldn't decide to get a tattoo then decide to figure out what it means. It seems like this might lead to regret.

The usual order of things is to find something whose meaning you like then decide to get a tattoo of it.
I have both prayers from The Boonock Saints tattooed on my skin. The fact that the Director wrote the best part of them is irrelevant. Its what they are about and the concept of it that I liked. I found the prayers very powerful and thought it would make a great tattoo. And it did.

Ask an old man what he regrets about his life.....he will say the only things he regrets are the things he DIDN'T do, not the things he did.

answered by Reddell | 10-07-2011 at 11:40 PM

Christians are hypocrites. They judge others (which their religions specifically says not to do). Then while atop of this pedestal that they have set for themselves, they carry on to commit "sins" through out the entire week, then go to church on Sunday and are "forgiven" for the selfish immoral acts. They aren't against people like me who are open minded and logical like i am, when the are the ones drowning in ignorance.

answered by Guest | 10-08-2011 at 12:11 PM

You all are idiots Religion is nothing more then some cult believe what you believe in. watch this movie "Religious" that will show you proof. Before you bash my comment watch the movie and see what religion really is. I still believe in a higher power but people are dumb.

answered by Guest | 10-09-2011 at 01:46 AM

Quote:
You don't believe in God? Wouldn't you rather live life believing there is one, to find out there isn't, than to live life believing there isn't one, to find out there is?
First time on here...just saw your post and must say Bravo Bravo! Good deal man! That's the way I look at it.

answered by Guest | 10-16-2011 at 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison View Post
I'm getting a new tattoo and I'm getting the Boondock Saints prayer, but I want to know what it means first since it's going to be on my skin forever. I like how the prayer sounds but the meaning is always important.
What does the prayer from the Boondock Saints mean?
This is over a tattoo?
I can honestly and sincerely say that all these comments have opened my eyes.

answered by Guest | 10-19-2011 at 02:52 AM

Quote:
It is not a sin to get a tattoo, FYI. Better reread that Bible. Christians are supposed to teach the word, not screw it up.

answered by Guest | 10-22-2011 at 01:56 AM

Yeah
You over the top, obsessive Christians are insane. It's a tattoo, which is art, which is a medium, that according to the bible, god has always appreciated. Oh and one more thing, the bible says not to worship false idols. That includes the morbidly disturbing pictures of Christ on the cross that all of you dig. What a rude way to honor your savior. Idiots. Go smoke a blunt and get right with God.

answered by Guest | 11-02-2011 at 10:19 PM

Quote:
Really a sin? show me where it says expressing yourself through ink is a sin!
It's an awesome prayer! love it and getting it done myself!

answered by Guest | 11-08-2011 at 04:46 AM

keep god in our lives
Who wants to take God out of our lives? You should be strung up and have the fear of God whipped into your flesh and outlasted until your soulless death comes about your worm food.

answered by jkforbis | 11-10-2011 at 01:36 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.