ya
Hope you got the tattoo I love the movies and the prayer and I'm getting it tomorrow with some tribal under it ... And for the people who where having the whole god debate all they where asking was what it meant I'm pretty sure they don't need your opinion ... I believe in god and he loves us all equally tattooed or not

answered by Guest | 05-11-2010 at 09:12 PM

if god real then why aren't the dinosaurs in the bible it start he created the universe the heaven and the earth and boom people no dinosaurs i guess the dinosaurs was a joke god played on us to see if we could fine them

answered by Guest | 05-12-2010 at 09:27 AM

whoever says getting a tat is a sin needs to get their head out of their as s.

answered by Guest | 05-12-2010 at 12:10 PM

Amazing...
It's simply amazing how a post starts with a question and ends up being a debate upon whether God exists or not, and whether getting a tattoo is a sin, or what have you.

I'm here to tell you that there is a God, and Her name is Eris.
She gives no **** about tattoos, nor if you believe in Her or not.
She cares not about labels like "Sinner" or "Saint." It's all good.
Says the Glorious She:

"Have a hot dog, and hold it most holy, but have thou no other buns but mine."

answered by Chaoticist | 05-12-2010 at 03:21 PM

Boondock saints Prayer Meaning
If you get the tattoo or not, remember this, the prayer is eternal and so is a love for God. I too shall get the prayer one day soon but not this day.

answered by Guest | 05-12-2010 at 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
For those who do not believe in God or are atheist...umm...what stops you from doing anything? Like robbing banks and killing people...other people...well if there is no God then what makes one mortal human have more power over you...another moral human being? If you believe in no God then you have none to answer to except just stupid other moral humans! What great power makes them superior like the president for example...hes just another guy...he has no power over you for you are on the same spiritual level!

For those who believe in God continue to do his work and serve him as you always have. God gave us free will fro us to use it. Also with giving us free will he wants us to live our lives to the fullest and with the most rightful pleasure we can.

For the innocent person who got all caught up in this mess just asking a simple question about a tattoo and a prayer, you seem pretty smart so just ignore all this other BS and do what you want. If you want to tattoo a pig on your forehead eating a hot dog then why not? NEVER let other peoples thoughts or opinions stop you from being YOU!
dude you're totally right! I'm gonna go on a killing spree now that I know that no one has power over me! There's no way the police can stop me and throw me in prison for the rest of my life, or even better give me the death penalty with your logical answer backing me up! thanks **** face!

answered by Guest | 05-14-2010 at 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Its a sin to get a tatoo kinda ironic huh
Wrong, its only a sin to mark yourself remembering the dead, get it right.

answered by Guest | 05-14-2010 at 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
what if it was one guy with six guns? ........i love this movie, i love this prayer, and it still amazes me how many people hate Christ....just this one small discussion on what a prayer means has turned into another opportunity for non believers to make it known that they believe god is a scam, a hoax, and a fraud....

this is because they have closed their mind to the true purpose of all mankind, and turned away from their father and his plan for salvation. they are oblivious to their greater purpose to serve god, and this is why deep down these people hate. they hate themselves, their lives, and anyone around them that shows signs of faith because they truly do not understand and will not open their heart to the possibility there is a god that loves them. i quote from someone earlier:

"personally i hate Christians, but that's because they are of the notion that i have to accept what they believe or i will be tortured forever in hell. "

non believers have this crazy notion that we as Christians preach "if you do not believe in god you will go to hell." and while it is fact that non believers will be cast into the lake of fire, our true message is to believe so that you may live. living with a purpose to serve is a wonderful fulfilling life in the presence of god, and for those who have never experienced it, you are truly missing out on your greater purpose....once you have realized it is not about you and about serving god, you begin to have peace.

many will say "i will not waste my life serving god, when god has never given me anything." you cannot force your hand on god, how arrogant we must feel, but i assure you god will have the final say, whatever it may be....i pray for all who have commented on this discussion, and for those that do not believe. may god pierce your hardened heart so you may see the true power and love of god for you and your families....

PS....Boondock saints was awesome.....
First of all... i totally agree that the saints are awesome. Secondly i think you are f***** in the head. I dont believe in god, but i wont say that its not possible that he might actually exist. What i mean is that the world used to be flat, until proven otherwise, and the sun used to be considered to be the center of the universe because it was god, and that was proven wrong as well. Hmm how weird god was already proven wrong in the past? You say that because i dont have faith, I hate myself and everyone around me that does and all this other bull sh*t. I love my life, i wouldn't have it any other way. If this so called holy spirit has a problem with me living my life the way I want, and being happy by my own terms then f*ck him, let him strike me down right now.... hey look im still here typing. I can only imagine that, that means he's not going to punish me for being happy, and that since im not hurting anyone then he accepts me... that is if he actually exists. Also my mom is very religious, and I love her more that anything. I dont give a flying f*ck that she has faith in god. I've never had any resentment towards anyone solely on the fact that they were religious. Now when those annoying Christians or even Mormons come up to me trying to convert me, then ill show some resentment because they need to mind their own business and stop trying to "save me" or whatever. You also talk about serving god and living your life for him and his plan of salvation. Whose to say his plan is better? Bill gates parents wanted him to graduate high school and go to college to live a happy prosperous life. If you dont know he never finished finished college and he's one of the richest people in the world. Looks like his plan was a little better. He could have bowed down and wasted his life living by their plan, or he could take his life into his own hands and turn out even better then his parents expected. anyways ima stop talking because I dont think I'm writing down my thoughts as well as if i were to talk about them. Even though i think you are f***** in the head, at least you're happy so i guess keep doing what you're doing. Just dont be so ignorant of people that dont believe

answered by Guest | 05-14-2010 at 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
first, you are wrong to say " i believe that this higher spiritual being would never be so heartless as to do that if he truly was what you say he is. " he has told us he would destroy those who would not follow him, he tells us that over, and over, and over in his word. but he gives us all a plan to lead us out of darkness and evil and into his loving arms so we do not have to perish....he tells us what we are and what we must do to be saved. but do not mistake it, he will punish those that do not call upon him, that has been his promise....but, it is also his promise to give us all the same chance for redemption...by serving him on this temporary vessel we call a life so that we gain eternal salvation with him in heaven. our sacrifice is now.

and if you really want to know why Christians are always in your face trying to get you to believe, it is because we love you and want you to be saved. if the one person you loved more than anyone else was about to die, and you could save them, wouldn't you try to save them with every ounce of your being. i know you would, as would we all. that is what a christian wants to accomplish. we only want to uphold gods commandment to spread the good news and save as many as we can.

i am sorry you don't see church as you do. i see a glorious place where god moves and helps those in great need. where people gather together to praise his name helping those that are poor, homeless, tired, broken, and all kinds of other crap that infects who we are...my point is, if you have never tried to reach out to god, how do you really know he is not there. there is a reason billions of people believe, that is not coincidence, that is real...

i am not sorry for believing in god...i am proud to belong to him. he is not my god, he is our god....weather you believe in him or not, he believes in you....and one day, we will be face to face with him...and we will answer to him....at that moment, will you really say, i don't believe...at that moment you will believe with every fiber of your soul, and you will fall to your knees, as will i, begging forgiveness for being so close minded, hard hearth ed, and arrogant...

suggested bible quotes: psalms 100, psalms 121, proverbs 3:5, mark 12:28-31, matthew 5:1-12, matthew 6:33, matthew 16:26, matthew 19:26, matthew 25:35-45, john 2:15-16,john 5:24, john 14:6, romans 6:23, hebrews 13:2......i could go on and on...
hmm well no offense, but after hearing what you said I kind of think god is twisted and deranged. I mean most of us, if we had the power to, wouldn't tell people that if they didn't follow the things we told them then we would make them suffer for all eternity. To me that just shows that god isn't merciful at all, and is somewhat sick. If you believe that he is merciful, then why would he do that? He's leaving it up to chance for us to figure out if he is real or not because he doesn't show us if he is real or not. All I ever here from people that are religious is "you just have to have faith." To me that's just like me putting three bullets in a revolver, spinning the cylinder, then pointing it at someones head and asking if they want me to pull the trigger now or spin the cylinder again. If they say they want me to pull the trigger now, then ask how they could be sure their answer was the right one, and i responded with "you just have to have faith in your answer", then that's not going to help anything. Well hopefully they were right and get to go home, if not then they're never going home again. Not to mention that history has proven time after time again that old religions were false in what they thought were gods or acts of gods. You say why do billions of people believe in god? Well let me ask you this, why do billions of people not believe in god? That's no coincidence either. Now I'm not saying religion is bad. I mean religion usually teaches good values and morals. I can't say that, that's bad. I just don't like the parts where it says god with damn you to hell to rot for eternity just because you lived a happy life that wasn't the exact way that he wanted you to live it. I guess to me, if i have the power to save someones life then i would, but I'm not gonna stand there and tell them that if I save them then they have to do blah blah bla for me. I guess that's just what I see god doing. Its like he's asking for payment if we want him to save us. Any good person would agree that they wouldn't ask for payment before saving someones life. Also priests make $18,000 to $22,000 a year for being a priest. Where do you think they get their paychecks from? That's right, the money you give for so called "charity" or the "church". Anyway I'm not trying to say you shouldn't believe in god. If that's what makes you happy then by all means go for it. I'm just trying to get you thinking a little more and to take a look at the other side. I like to debate and I've been on both your side and mine many times about religion. I just hate when people are one sided is all. If anyone wants to counter my argument then by all means feel free. I'd be happy to see what you have to say =).

answered by Guest | 05-14-2010 at 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
fist of all, 80 is retarded, second, all of you get a life
I like how you contributed to the conversation, then told everyone else that they're stupid or to "get a life". That's like seeing everyone else jump up and down clapping like fools, then you joining in, then stopping and saying everyone else is stupid. good job but plug

answered by Guest | 05-14-2010 at 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
"You are ******* ignorant. Go preach somewhere else, or masturbat to a picture of Jesus."

Whoever said that, I seriously hope you rot in hell. You seriously have to be ****** up in the head to say something like that.
haha i thought what he said was hilarious. Its all good though i know you're just upset because he said masterbate instead of go suck his jesus's ****, then pray he give you a reach around

Ill see you in hell buddy =D

answered by Guest | 05-14-2010 at 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
There is a huge difference between reading the Bible and understanding the Bible. Of course when you read the old testament you will be blown away by things like a snake that talks, a perfect Eden, and the virgin birth. In today's society its hard not to think that these things are crazy and impossible, but that's where faith steps in. Its nearly impossible to believe in God if you read the Bible closed minded. I know it sounds like co pout, but faith is makes all the difference. Satan will blind those who try to see the truth. If you are a nonbeliever who begins to read the Bible just to say they read it and argue their points, well...you have another thing coming. I have been raised in the Church my entire life and I have question my faith just as you have question my faith. I now attend a christian college and am currently taking Bible courses and let me tell you something, if you think that because you have read the Bible you now know everything about it and understand it you dont know anything. I have been reading the Bible my entire life and i still have a lot to learn. I had to write a paper about a verse that was a couple sentences long. Do you know how much research i had to do to understand that verse. I mean you have to go into exegetial, heremeutical, literal, historical context and pull it all together. Its not easy. There are a lot of literal and historical context that we cannot relate with because we simply know nothing about it. The bible is so much more than a story about a couple getting kicked of Eden, a virgin birth, and a talking snake! If you have really read it you would see the what I'm talking about. And as for all the translations saying different thing...its not true. There are tons of manuscripts tracing throughout history and they all say almost exactly the same things. At the most the words are changed, but the meaning is still very much the same. Look up the dead sea scrolls. I challenge you to actually do your homework. There are people who dedicate their lives to this so don't tell me your homework is done, it has probably not even started yet.
Now we have someone telling us that he is going to college and taking courses on the bible. He is being "taught" about what the bible means. Sounds more like you've diluted yourself into thinking that they are teaching, instead of telling you what it is they want you to believe. All I'm saying is interpret the bible the way you see it, then tell your teacher your interpretation. I'll bet you anything he tells you that you're wrong. Then he'll probably go on to tell you what it "really" means. Plus for someone that's going to college and telling someone else that they didn't do all their homework, you should really start working a little more on your grammar homework because you made a lot of mistakes. I realize that this is the internet but you were making mistakes that grade schoolers make.

answered by Guest | 05-14-2010 at 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Hope you got the tattoo I love the movies and the prayer and I'm getting it tomorrow with some tribal under it ... And for the people who where having the whole god debate all they where asking was what it meant I'm pretty sure they don't need your opinion ... I believe in god and he loves us all equally tattooed or not
So he doesn't need anyone else's opinion on good? Oh but to throw in your own opinion is cool though, gotcha. Makes perfect sense. Just like a lava made of ice...

answered by Guest | 05-14-2010 at 07:35 AM

**** you losers
i being 100% Irish living in America love the saints they stand for what we believe in and there prayer stands for that good vs. evil good will always stand we dont want your poor or sick it is your evil that we claim. i hope the haters of this forum find this saints on there door step

answered by Guest | 05-16-2010 at 09:53 AM

i being 100% Irish living in America love the saints they stand for what we believe in and there prayer stands for that good vs. evil good will always stand we dont want your poor or sick it is your evil that we claim. i hope the haters of this forum find this saints on there door step


I agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you couldn't have said it better

answered by Guest | 05-17-2010 at 10:46 PM

I have to say this is the best movie and the prayer is amazing too. It's all badass in general. And as for the religion goes, I believe is a waste as time. I don't believe in god and don't really care how you feel towards this. If you want to say something to me go ahead. Because in the end, it's my opinion. And I don't give a f.u.c.k if you think I'm wrong. God o believe is just a guy we made up to start wars with other countries. Because in reality how many people have been killed or hurt because of the practice of a religion. It makes no sense of why "god" would create all these people and different cultures just so we could shed blood on all out differences and beliefs. I also don't understand why in the bible it states that to "god" gays aren't real people yet, if "god" loved everyone like he claims, why would he neglect homosexuals? So w.e if you got anything to say, then get at me. Because I really don't give a s.h.I.t

answered by Beautifultragedyy | 05-18-2010 at 12:55 PM

Agreed!!!

answered by Beautifultragedyy | 05-18-2010 at 12:58 PM

Boondocks saints is a frickin sick movie and the prayer is amazing. All in general is very badass I say. And about the god and religion or what not, I believe is a waste of time. Whether you agree or not, you can tell me otherwise. But honestly I don't care because in the end it's my opinion.

answered by Beautifultragedyy | 05-18-2010 at 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You don't believe in God? Wouldn't you rather live life believing there is one, to find out there isn't, than to live life believing there isn't one, to find out there is?
That sounds like living in fear, which is the complete opposite of what faith in a higher power is all about; love, security, and union. If you pray to a god that you, as you imply, are not 100% sure exists, but just do it to either feel better about yourself or just because you're afraid that if you don't mutter some bed time story to an invisible man before you go to sleep at night that you will burn in a fiery hell that no one on this earth can say they've seen/witnessed because they're all amongst the living, then you really have no more faith then the common atheist. Truly the best way to live is to believe in and be honest with yourself. If God actually put us here, then he must have meant for us to live how we will and it is up to us to make our own life decisions. One doesn't necessarily need to believe in God in order to be a good man (or woman), much less pray to or worship Him. Live and let live, be kind and be true, and on the day of judgment (IF it even exists), you will wind up exactly where you deserve.

answered by Guest | 05-20-2010 at 10:46 AM

all i see is RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

so did the guy get the tattoo?????

answered by Guest | 05-23-2010 at 06:48 AM

you guys need a little more faith if you don't believe in god than how did you get here and where did everything come from it didn't just appear from nothing you don't believe in religion . . . let me guess you probably have some problems in your life you find yourself getting pissed off a lot put your faith in a higher power other than your bong and realize life isn't just what you make it god had a plan for you he started you off on the right track and if you fell off it and don't wanna get back on that's your choice have fun in hell I'm not saying you have to believe in any religion but talking about something you know nothing about cause you don't believe its worth your time you have no business talking about


as far as i am aware only god knows the hearts and minds of men so only he can judge people for their beliefs

answered by Guest | 05-23-2010 at 12:49 PM

hi
so for the guy that posted the love thy neighbor thing... the movies are about the worst thing in the world is for a good man to do nothing. now they do put out an ultimatum and they do forgive some of there wrong doing. but the way that they love their neighbor is that they protect them by eliminating all that is evil so that good can prevail.

answered by Guest | 05-25-2010 at 03:06 PM

soul reaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
you guys need a little more faith if you don't believe in god than how did you get here and where did everything come from it didn't just appear from nothing you don't believe in religion . . . let me guess you probably have some problems in your life you find yourself getting pissed off a lot put your faith in a higher power other than your bong and realize life isn't just what you make it god had a plan for you he started you off on the right track and if you fell off it and don't wanna get back on that's your choice have fun in hell I'm not saying you have to believe in any religion but talking about something you know nothing about cause you don't believe its worth your time you have no business talking about


you just said that u could not just appear on earth right or what the **** ever....
then if you ask someone how god got here they say "he just appeared" does any1 see the irony here? or am i the only smart one.....because if you look at it it doesn't make a bit of since for god to just pop out of no were....he didn't make us i think.. i think we just evolved etc...and if i am wrong i will see you in heaven

answered by Grimm | 05-26-2010 at 01:33 AM

A message to all religious fanatics out there
I sit and I contemplate how people like you exist in a time like this. Then upon knowing my answer I find it hard to believe a supreme being created you in His image. Due to the fact you are all created in His image makes me think God is kind of stupid. For a see-all know-all being to have created a society that prides itself in vanity(which is a sin), lust(which is a sin), degradation of your peers(which isn't listed as a sin but should be), and many other things makes me wonder why He hasn't wiped you out completely. And then of course there's my people. Those of us who have studied all the religions in context only to find they all believe in the same ridiculous notion that there is something out there, watching and laughing at the destruction that these sentient beings have created for themselves.

As for the tattoo guy from the beginning I believe that each piece of art that graces a humans skin is just that, art. If it has semblance of a meaning for you, then all be it get the ink. If not then why bother asking moronic people who base their beliefs on a book written by men over the millennia. Each book was chosen by a zealot who in his mind thought this is how man-kind should live. Each book was voted upon by the church and had a binding slapped on it.
Did you know the Bible itself, which if you truly want to get a good word out there should be free, is not only one of the most expensive books on a shelf at any retail store that sells books, but is also the most stolen book in all of history? Yes my friends, sit and think of this thing you call faith. Question it and find you have been deceived.

answered by Guest | 05-26-2010 at 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Its a sin to get a tattoo kinda ironic huh
wow really, that's Old Testament you retard.. just like no man shall shave his beard.
if you're trying to impress everyone with the lack of knowledge you have of the bible,
go ahead and make a moron of yourself.
PS- The New Testament was made so that we DIDN'T have to follow the old; but only
to live by the 10 commandments.

answered by Guest777 | 06-03-2010 at 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
its not a sin to get a tat, its just frowned upon, yes your body is a temple of god but i know priests with tattoos, so its not a sin just frowned upon and it depends on the priests belief on tattoos
no, its a sin. we all sin but it's cool to God if we pray for forgiveness and live like the newly restored being you became.

answered by Guest | 06-03-2010 at 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
its not a sin to get a tat, its just frowned upon, yes your body is a temple of god but i know priests with tattoos, so its not a sin just frowned upon and it depends on the priests belief on tattoos
i know i've seen plenty of temples with crosses, scriptures and prayers for decoration..

answered by Guest | 06-03-2010 at 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRA-Childress View Post
FIRST OF ALL. The Saints are Irish Catholic.
all of you ignorant f**ks can go F**K YOURSELVES. for those who believe it is a sin to get a tattoo, more cultures have tattooed their skin in the past for their God(s) than all the people you see with tattoos today!. for those who believe the prayer was made up by a director, you're just as ignorant. obviously you are not Irish, Sicilian, or any other European native. for those who don't believe in God, DON'T WATCH THE F****** MOVIE! if you don't like the beliefs or the metaphors for believe, then rent a different f****** movie. and don't get online talking sh*t about people who do believe in God and actually give a sh*t what happens to them after they die.

for those who don't believe in God, I'll be glad to put the pennies on your eyes after I send your worthless soul on the path to righteousness.
First of all, I don't believe in god, I loved the movie. Second of all, I don't believe that you're required to be of a specific faith to watch a kick-a** movie. Third of all, you're a f*****g douche that gives the rest of those who are of faith a bad name. I don't do 'organized religion' because of people like you that go around spouting how you're so much better than everyone else because you believe. Where in the bible does it say that you should go door to door to make people who don't attend church to feel bad because they don't? Where in the bible does it say that soliciting your god is the way to go? I dislike folks like you who want to push your beliefs on others when most of those who don't believe keep to themselves and quietly respect those who have beliefs. I believe there is something out there. I believe you have the right to think what you want, but I also have the right to tell you to STFU because I don't want to hear about your pansy-a** bulls**t! So why don't you take your goody two-shoes self back to whatever rock you crawled out from under and go f*** yourself!

Merry meet, merry part and merry meet again!
Have a wonderful day!

answered by Guest | 06-03-2010 at 03:21 PM

The Saints' Prayer
I'm a chick who has always been very satisfied with my looks, but was uneasy about tattoos because I came from a very conservative family where everything was controlled by the word "sin." I'm 5-10, blonde, 135 lbs, blue eyed and was a cheerleader all through high school. Everything about me is all natural and for some reason my "D" cups have never begun to sag even after I've had children. I was going to save my virginity until I married but at 22 I finally decided it did not matter. What sin was I concerned about and why should that stop me from the internal sensations God created in the female body? I did not worry about "love" being the reason for my first time and I intentionally shopped many men for the largest and most awe inspiring piece of him possible. I had no idea a girl's body cold take almost all of it!
Once I discovered my sensual confidence and my ability to make boys do whatever I wanted I decided I would get a tattoo that summed up my feelings. I chose the Saints' and had it boxed in roses on my lower back. I had the vines flow upward around to cup my breasts and the around my torso - under my arms and up to my neck. Then I had the vines flow downward into a bunch of roses on my mons and then the vines flowing down both sides of my v agina (hurt like hell!) and around my thighs, then across my butt. There are two blooms above each of my ass cheeks and then shoots outward traveling upward to two more blooms on either side of my neck. The whole thing symbolizes the prayer, and the rose vines symbolize my own journey from virginity to experience lover whose entire body is there to provide pleasure to whomever I may choose to be my lover. When I am being f'd hard (always by a very well hung man - never less than 8x6 and always White) I love to look at the vines and they stretch and contract with my pelvic thrusts and his pelvis hitting mine causes them to compress as if you wadded them up in your hand. The artist was very good! I love it when I'm being taken doggy style and they run their fingers over the vines which remind me of my journey to sensual se xual womanhood and being desirable.
I also have female lovers and I find hidden tattoos very erotic. I especially like small birds and stars on either side of a girl's "V" area that contract when I run my tongue over them and lick her to a shuddering orgasm. I recently did a test shoot for Playboy so maybe you naughty boys will get to see me and my tattoos. There is nothing wrong with them because they do not symbolize pagan idolatry. They are my own story of sensuality and my attraction to the hard male and the soft sensuously scented female of God's creation. Wow. Now I have go go do something to relieve the tension here. Enjoy your tattoos. Just make sure they represent what you want to say. I hope I can find my favorite toy. It's hard living at home with parents. My neighbor isn't home and he knows how to make it hurt so good! Dang!!!

answered by BarbieDoll | 06-03-2010 at 08:12 PM

Instead of saying all kinds of stupid things why dont you just sit down and try READING THE BIBLE FOR ONCE. Everyone has an opinion about God but very few know Him. Wake up and look how stupid most of you really are. The word of God is meaningless to those who are perishing. Don't parish but instead choose life in Jesus.

answered by Guest | 06-12-2010 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'm gonna go with the second option, less disappointment and life's more fun that way
well i guess you love being blind having the feel of being ripped apart over and over again the having acid thrown on you well when i hope that when you're done sinning you look up at heaven and see all your loved ones crying for you

answered by Guest | 06-15-2010 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
How does a simple question about a tattoo become a religious discussion? For those of you that are religious remember Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. John 8:7. For those of you that are not religious remember to treat others the way you want to be treated.
That's a good philosophy, but I'm masochistic should I really be out there randomly hitting people with things. (riding crop etc..)

answered by Guest | 06-22-2010 at 11:21 PM

I'm going to skip everyone's posts and get down to it,

3 sides to people commenting,

#1 Tattoos last forever make sure it has more meaning than "it looks cool"

#2 it looks cool so get it

#3 f*ck these guys are stupid for taking this as a personal attack.

I'm #1 and #3.

A Tattoo is a scar... you are physically mutilating your body in order to put ink inside your skin, when the skin scar's over you are able to see the ink... Its like thinking a scar across the face is cool so you clean a kitchen knife and slash you face open, bandage it, then show it off...


Yes I have several scars and yes I have a tattoo, I'm saying if it doesn't mean something to you then the only reason to get it is to show off, and if its something stupid chicks aren't gonna give a second glance, if you have a girlfriend or wife into you for your tattoos that's just shallow...



tl;dr tattoo = mutilating yourself to make a statement it doesn't make you "different" anymore to get a tattoo, my mom has 4 and got one of those when she was 50

if it means something to you and its worth it to scar yourself for life, then do it...

answered by Guest | 06-24-2010 at 06:02 AM

so did you get the ink or not?

answered by Guest | 06-25-2010 at 03:32 AM

*******
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
its not a sin to get a tat, its just frowned upon, yes your body is a temple of god but i know priests with tattoos, so its not a sin just frowned upon and it depends on the priests belief on tattoos
who ever wrote this is a ******* idiot, it is a sin, the priest does not decide what sins are, and just because a priest has done it doesn't make it ok jackass

answered by Guest | 06-26-2010 at 05:30 PM

I am ALL WITH YOU FOR IT! I am joining the USMC (United States Marine Corp) and I'm going to get that tattoo somewhere on my body. I am also getting the Celtic cross on my body also. along with some phrases in Latin. GOD I LOVE BEING IRISH!

answered by Guest | 07-05-2010 at 07:48 AM

I'm an Irish Catholic, I'm going to get a Celtic cross on my back, The piece is very detailed and will span from my waist line up to the top of my neck and the cross arms will span shoulder to shoulder and on my lower back on each side i will have writing in scroll Veritas Aeqüitas. What you all think

answered by Guest | 07-09-2010 at 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'm an Irish Catholic, I'm going to get a Celtic cross on my back, The piece is very detailed and will span from my waist line up to the top of my neck and the cross arms will span shoulder to shoulder and on my lower back on each side i will have writing in scroll Veritas Aeqüitas. What you all think
I too am Irish Catholic. My brother and I each have a Celtic cross on our backs. One of ours has "Veritas" and the other has "Aequitas". It looks sick so I would say yours is going to be bad a** as well.

And to whoever said tattoos are a sin, what a F*** A**. I have plenty of tattoos and in no way view any of them as a sin.

answered by Guest | 07-11-2010 at 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRA-Childress View Post
FIRST OF ALL. The Saints are Irish Catholic.
all of you ignorant f**ks can go F**K YOURSELVES. for those who believe it is a sin to get a tattoo, more cultures have tattooed their skin in the past for their God(s) than all the people you see with tattoos today!. for those who believe the prayer was made up by a director, you're just as ignorant. obviously you are not Irish, Sicilian, or any other European native. for those who don't believe in God, DON'T WATCH THE F****** MOVIE! if you don't like the beliefs or the metaphors for believe, then rent a different f****** movie. and don't get online talking sh*t about people who do believe in God and actually give a sh*t what happens to them after they die.

for those who don't believe in God, I'll be glad to put the pennies on your eyes after I send your worthless soul on the path to righteousness.
Good man. I'm Irish Catholic, tattooed, and proud of it. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

answered by Guest | 07-11-2010 at 03:53 AM

just throwing it our there it depends on your religion if tattoos are a sin. if your mormon its completely forbidden same as caffeine smoking booze anything that changes your body or pollutes it. including tattoos piercing brands implants ANYTHING. get the tattoo f### everybody that says dont its your own body do what you wanna do.

answered by Guest | 07-12-2010 at 01:42 AM

By the way it is an actual prayer it originated in Ireland some director didn't just make that **** up.. I know this for fact because years before that movie ever came out my Uncle had it tattooed on his forearm it was written on a scroll with a rosary hanging from it.. F****** dumb s**** acting like y'all know what you are talking about. Learn your history it is an old Irish prayer

answered by Guest | 07-12-2010 at 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
you guys need a little more faith if you don't believe in god than how did you get here and where did everything come from it didn't just appear from nothing you don't believe in religion . . . let me guess you probably have some problems in your life you find yourself getting pissed off a lot put your faith in a higher power other than your bong and realize life isn't just what you make it god had a plan for you he started you off on the right track and if you fell off it and don't wanna get back on that's your choice have fun in hell I'm not saying you have to believe in any religion but talking about something you know nothing about cause you don't believe its worth your time you have no business talking about
OK, i dont beleive in god because... well, there is no evidence of him existing, besides a bible that was written by men who, by the way, get things wrong, exaggerate, etc, so i do not count that as hard evidence of his existence. now, as to the part about "where did everything come from"- in the bible, god (now, this is super simplified and kinda poking fun, beware) went 'abracadabra' and poof!! there's earth. and from there he made all the other crap outta..... what? so earth pretty much appeared outta nothing, if you go with that theory.

answered by Guest | 07-13-2010 at 05:24 AM

THANK YOU!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Someone posted in January, "Actually the last part translates literally to "upon by name father and daughter and breath to sanctify" but has been modified over years." That's wrong. It deliberately chooses the most inappropriate meanings for words which have several, and leaves out half of the words indicated by word endings. The Latin for daughter is 'filia' (feminine), not 'filius' (masculine), which actually means son. (like the difference between hija and hijo in Spanish)
The first translation was correct. It's the end of Catholic prayers in Latin:
In Nomini Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
'In' in this context, an oath or supplication, means in or by
'Nomini' is a third declension masculine singular dative (the person to, for or in whose name something is done) form of nomen (name). It goes with in, so 'in the name' or 'by the name'
'Patris' is a third declension masculine singular genitive (of _____ ) form of pater (Father) 'in the name of the father'
et means and: 'in the name of the father and'
Filii is a first declension masculine singular genitive (of ______ ) form of filius (son) 'in the name of the father and of the son and'
Spiritus is a fourth declension masculine singular genitive (of _____ ) form of spiritus (breath, soul, life-force, spirit) 'in the name of the father and of the son and of the spirit'
Sancti is an adjective modifying spiritus. It is also singular and genitive, but it declines like first and second declension nouns, so it has the same 'i' ending as 'filii'. The nominative form is sanctus (sacred, holy) In Latin, it doesn't matter where you put the adjectives, but they tend to be placed after the nouns they modify, like in Spanish, rather than before, as in English. Adding the modifier gives us 'in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit'
The Latin is very specific that it is one name for all three beings, thus the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are all one God, sharing a name.
The rest of the prayer seems pretty clear cut: the Saints will be like shepherds, tending God's 'flocks' -- humanity. Their power comes from God, and they will use it to carry out his commands -- the commandments (remember the courtroom scene? 'Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior...') They will send a constant river of souls back to God. Altogether, they will kill the wicked in the name of God, and they will not stop. The courtroom scene also makes it clear that they are not killing people based on their religion, but on their actions ('these are principles which every man of every faith can embrace', 'we will send you to whichever god you wish'), so it's not exactly limited to bad Christians...
WOW! You are the only truly smart person that has posted something on here in response to the question, without going off topic and making it all "religious" and crap... you did very well with explaining the proper translation with the declensions, masculine, feminine, genitive ...etc. My brothers, sister and I were home-schooled and my mom taught us latin and I wish I could learn it completely, too bad it's a dead language, I think it's beautiful.

To the person who would like to get the tat If you really want it go for it (if you haven't already had it done). I'm actually thinking of getting the latin part tattooed around a Celtic cross on my back, I am just trying to figure out exactly how I want it done.

answered by Selene | 07-13-2010 at 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Its a sin to get a tatoo kinda ironic huh
The idea that it is a sin to get a tattoo is only dogma created by the Catholic Church in order to control the masses.
To get this tattooed for the correct reason, would be completely amazing. However, to get the tattoo, and only then search out the meaning, would be moronic.

Also, make sure you get the spelling correctly.

"E nomine patri et fili spiritus sancti" -- "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit"

Before somebody gets all religious on my ass about this, I'll quell the rumors and flame now: I am not Christian, no, but I do know the meaning, I know the prayer, I know the movie, and I did study and go to church for a good portion of my life -- up until I learned that it's all political ******** that needs to be handled in a violent manner, the same way Christians of old handled every other religion with violence.
Ah, but that is not the point to be made here. The point is, however, that you should not get this tattoo for the wrong reason, nor if you do not understand the meaning behind it. Remember, though, that even if the director created the prayer, it's still a prayer.

In the words of the immortal (though fictional) Gambit: "Playin' for keeps is still playin'."

If this is going to make you happy, screw what anybody else says or thinks, or what any book tells you to believe. Go for it. Just go for it.

answered by Guest | 07-15-2010 at 08:43 AM

what
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
god is made up! just like Santa Claus and the tooth fairy.
i believe in a higher power, just not the "god" you all speak of.
false hope and the addiction to searching.


I WANT THE HAND OF "GOD" TO COME AND STRIKE ME DOWN!!!!
.....where is your ******* god.
how can you believe in a higher power but not believe in good that's like saying you believe in justice but you don't believe in law and as for you mocking him he is not the type to strike you down that like a father beating his son just because he sad i hate you but also like a father he will punish you in way that you dont understand

and p.s even though you say you don't believe i bet you cry out to him in your time of need

answered by Guest | 07-26-2010 at 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jizz View Post
haha Thats one hell of a prayer! hell, if someone wants that tattoed, go for it! I did! hahaha I dont even believe in god, its just one badass mesh of words. If someone wants to fck up their skin, let em. haha
this prayer has meaning to a lot of people you don't get it just because its badass you get it because you want to be closer to him but you would not understand

p.s who say badass anymore you redneck

answered by Guest | 07-27-2010 at 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Well the ironic part is that you also have hair on your head that you can alter... if you cut your hair in your lifetime to a new style, I guess that's a sin too, cause you don't like the hairstyle god gave you... Its stupid. Religion IS the root of all evil.
So would taking aspirin, anti- depression medicine, a.d.d medicine. I have a friend that his wife would flush his a.d.h.d. pills because it is changing the way God made him he was fired from his job because he could not concentrate or calm down. I am not religious but have faith in God.

answered by Guest | 07-29-2010 at 09:06 AM

get it
this is crazy your all nuts get the tat man go for it those movies are the best, those guys are just what we need in this world! and i believe the good lord will give you "all" a second chance but you may not wanna chance it.

answered by Guest | 08-02-2010 at 12:29 AM

Yes, all this arguing is making me feel sic. the question asked firstly was "what does this prayer mean?". Well, the post that was made on the 03/19/2010 (whoever posted that, you are one smart mo fo) answers that question (and that of my own) so why argue eachother's beliefs and get the **** on with your lives.... I know once I get off this stupid forum that i - for one - will. However, wherever you are in the world and whatever it is that you believe, know one thing (probably the only thing I know for sure) and that is to only do right- by yourselves and by others. Not to lie, steel, kill, rape (that's obvious) or even hate (I don't even like using the word) but you get my message. I am not a riotous dude (nor am I a good speller for that matter) but I know one thing is for sure. Use love like butter and spread it. Peace

P.S.
Oh and I'm getting that tattoo myself because I do believe that bad men should die (J.W.B). MWAHAHAHAHAHA

answered by onecoolmofo | 08-02-2010 at 12:42 PM

everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. i don't believe in god myself but if you want to then go for it. Religion is your belief that help you come forth with your morals. And as far as a prayer goes, that is a message to the one you believe in, so who cares if its in the bible or not???

answered by Guest | 08-03-2010 at 06:46 AM

do what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Its a sin to get a tatoo kinda ironic huh
no its not...

answered by Guest | 08-03-2010 at 07:43 AM

wow, you are all messed. I am Irish, not a lot religious, but practice Celtic region. I got tats, and i say get the damn tats.
It doesn't matter what these people said. You're never gonna see them. Just as long as you know the meaning now. if it still has got you wanting it, get it. No matter what someone in the world has to be a bad apple.

answered by Guest | 08-09-2010 at 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Its a sin to get a tatoo kinda ironic huh
Bull crap back then tattoos were worn only by bad people gypsies and that kind of thing things have changed there was obviously deeper reason for said rule back then. i hate religious people that follow so blindly not knowing the meaning and then break other rules and say it's OK to do that.

answered by Guest | 08-10-2010 at 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Who gives a **** if it's created by the director, and it's not in the bible.
Someone else just made up all that anyway...

If this person thinks it's a good prayer, then who's the say he/she shouldn't get a tattoo?
yes i think its a good idea peoples opinions are like ***holes everyone's got them and they all stink i might get the someone

answered by Guest | 08-11-2010 at 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Its a sin to get a tatoo kinda ironic huh
your f*****g stupid tel me where it says getting tattoos is a sin
oh and you spelled tattoo wrong dumb a**

answered by Guest | 08-13-2010 at 09:15 AM

READ THIS
i won an award at a tattoo convention for having this tattooed on my body so anyone who says its stupid should shut their mouths

answered by Guest | 08-17-2010 at 05:06 PM

Everyone is missing the big picture. Whether it is or isn't a sin does not matter. God won't send you to hell over a metal ring or some ink or any other sin as long as you love God and understand who he is. We are all sinners from our first moment to our last. God still loves us all no mater what. You life shouldn't be spent walking on eggshells, but rather praising God, respecting God, and loving God. No one who loves and embraces God will go to hell... except lawyers. God doesn't love lawyers. Lol jk

answered by Guest | 08-19-2010 at 08:11 AM

DUDE, ROCK THAT TATTOO!!!

And all you others arguing about religion shut the **** up!

If you want to start your own topic in your own thread and quit jacking this one up!

answered by Guest | 08-22-2010 at 09:00 PM

Religion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briant View Post
You are no better then those you whine about, your religions teach intolerance and hate, More people have died for gods and religion then in any war!

And as for the tat, Good idea, i like the prayer, it sounds cool, and who freaking cares what it looks like in 60 years
It all appears odd in my eyes That if you look up actually history Jesus did live & did did prove such miracles as it was quoted in the 1st four books of the new testament. But has anyone bothered to look at what He said to the religious leaders of that time. How as He has said that about them we find even in to this days religious leaders carry on that same hypocrite of the Jewish leaders of His time. And even with all the proof He lived there are those who deny it. It was the same proof used to say who King Tut was or Galileo, even Aristotle. And we say they lived but using the method used to determine these lives we deny this one whom was crucified.
Of course His real name was not Jesus. Yet by the definition of a virgin birth in the time of His birth His mother was a virgin. But if you really examine history and beliefs of the day you would find much has changed in words and meanings over the years as someone had quoted prior to this. I will not call my self by any religious affiliation, I will say that I have done much research and I will say I follow the Teaching Of the one that today we call Jesus. And to all those religious people out there... Stop following these leaders blindly and find the Truth & the Secret by your selves.

answered by Guest | 08-23-2010 at 12:05 AM

I don't clam to know much about religion but i believe that if he wants the tattoo and if it means something to him then he should get it( if he has not done it already) and i have to admit that i was thinking of getting the prayer tattooed on my back. I m not really religious even though as a child i was catholic and then my parents converted to Christianity.

answered by Guest | 08-23-2010 at 05:24 AM

to anyone whom gives care to existence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I love the whole misconception of Christianity and complete beliefs. There are freaking Christian BIKER clubs with tattoos of crosses and such. Tattoos are not a sin, what you put on there could be though.

As far as the prayer, I like it.

As far as the person that doesn't want God put on this board, if you don't like it, you can always start your own page and completely block it from there, otherwise, you have to put up with OTHER PEOPLES BELIEFS! Its funny, people who DON'T believe think they have more rights than those that do.
People who believe in God, Satan or anything Spiritual in general sometimes also think that they have rights or some Great calling that overrides what people who have different views on the Universe want or think is best. Who is to say who is wrong? That argument can go both ways. Only time and personal experience can teach each INDIVIDUAL person the nature of themselves and the world that they inhabit... Never mind the rest of the Universe (or Multi-verse if you believe in it). So pack up all your preconceptions and toss them away, because such things are of no use in the art of discovery. Let experience that is solely your own be used to decipher what is good for you to believe and what is not, for this is the nature of the universe. The inner self (spiritual intelligence) reaching the outer self (physical world). Do not follow any belief of another blindly, for their beliefs are like clothes and there is no one size fits all. Naively thinking that you will be safe only by the grace of a purely benevolent omnipotent being that is all knowing and merciful, yet provides judgment for the wicked is like saying someone else created me and i have no say in the matter of the starting of my existence, the end or anything in between. This is such a feeble, controllable and irresponsible stance. How can you ever do wrong if you had no part in your creation or attributes? All the reverence and blame of all of your works goes to something else that is not you (God/Satan). Take responsibility for yourself and all of your creation and destruction that you leave in your wake. And know this: God (divine intelligence) and Man (divine vehicle) are one and the same (like a coin), each side (Circle) supporting the other in a cylinder of energy that works its way Up and Down the tree of life (Above and Below) as an ongoing process of unfolding. Like the system of a normal tree that uses energy from both sides of the spectrum to inspire something between and much more beautiful than either alone. Do not take my word for it, put no faith in my words at all. Dig deep into the well of knowledge to find the hidden river Wisdom YOURSELF. That is where the power of all that is, IS! I must in all good conscience add this very important detail. Satan is a scapegoat for those in religious power to blame someone else for their shortcomings in creating a safe society for the people it has preached to. Do not believe this. Man giving into outer influences by means of temptation is the reason for all that keeps us as a race from advancing.

answered by Eyerumay | 08-25-2010 at 02:28 AM

Well the prayer is talking about God whether you like it or not. The ending of the prayer, "In nomine Patris, et Filii, Spiritus Sancti" is latin based meaning In the name of the father (God), son (Jesus), and the holy spirit. the use this ending to the prayer because in the movie they are potrayed as catholics, who commonly end prayers with "in the name of the father, son, and holy spirit." Argue about beliefs but to original question asked about the prayer and it is a prayer to God

answered by Guest | 08-25-2010 at 04:49 AM

Stop it!!! Just Stop!!!!
you guys are stupid arguing over this stuff, as for the tattoo i think that's a bad a** saying and i would get it and maybe even getting it somewhere on the band on my arm. Not just is it a bad a** movie (In my opinion) i know a lot of people who didn't like it. but the point is even if its not in the bible its still talking about speaking softly are carrying a big stick maybe that's what that guy likes. And dont go pushing religion on people. that's also not cool. I dont believe in any specific religion. The only thing i believe in is being a good person trying my hardest on everything i do and just live my life. And dont go bashing weed smoking, Weed is a gift from the earth to help keep us having a good time. if they made it legal then we wouldn't have all these problems. So go on man get it if you want to, But you damn be ready to woop some a** when you see a purse snatching and some ****. just woop his a** and say the prayer and just walk away and let whoever or what ever or nothing or Some aliens **** that would be tight. deal with it

answered by Guest | 09-06-2010 at 09:14 PM

Oh my goodness.
I honestly want to fight everyone on this blog. I read one and what followed was like a bad car accident. I just couldn't stop looking--even if it was absolutely horrendous. You're all stupid. You're all sarcastic. You're all judgmental. And none of you have a clue about what the other is saying.

A quick recap of what I just read from everyone:
"Blah blah blah I want a tattoo... Blah... That's a bad idea... Blah blah.... I'm a tool that thinks tattoos are a sin... Blah... Totally go for it! That's quote's awesome.... Blah... I'm holier than thou.... Blah.... No you're not! Blah... You guys don't know anything about the bible, I DO... Blah... Why wouldn't you want to believe in God? Blah cause Jesus was magic... Blah. Blah. Blah."

If you don't agree with my paraphrasing, well--balls. That's a bummer, I guess.

answered by Guest | 09-07-2010 at 09:05 AM

Clarification for everyone:]

"Higher Power" Is God. You're dumb.

You don't need to capitalize all three letter of the word God. Just the first. It's a name. Let's be grammatically correct here.

Who gives a rats a** what some stranger's tattoo says? Seriously?

If you want to be an atheist, cool. But let's be smart about it. If you knew anything about Christianity, Catholicism, etc. you'd know that God doesn't just pop up and do magic tricks.

John 20:29. (This is a super verse for the one bro that wants proof.)

Genesis 1:27 (For those that think God couldn't POSSIBLY have created such vile grotesque creatures such as us humans (Notice the reference did not say anything about being without sin))

Jesus died for our sins. That's sort of the whole shebang, correct? So, therefore, this fact also illustrates that humans were not created to be perfect. They were not created to be sin-free. Jesus was the only one without sin.

If you believe in Satan, and not God, you're also dumb.

I couldn't care less about who believes what. And neither should you. Do not, however, say that those who believe in God and his son Jesus Christ are just too scared to deal with reality. You have no idea why one believes and why another doesn't so, please, keep the blind hypocrisy to a bare minimum.

And for those of you that believe that just because someone doesn't believe in God, it dooms them to an eternity in Hell--what about the people who have never heard of God?

Oh, ha ha bee tea dubs. Santa Clause WAS real. Saint Nicholas ringing any bells?

In conclusion, most of you didn't think very hard before posting your comments, which is fine... More entertaining, really. Religion is not something to be sloughed off, nor something to be mocked and rejected. Faith in anything/anyone is hard to come buy in our world, so having such a passionate belief in God is something to be commended, not condemned. Christians should not judge non-believers just as non-believers shouldn't judge Christians. People should educate themselves before making any life-changing decision. Religion is life-changing. (Hint hint) Christianity actually says nothing regarding evolution. Genesis, which is in the Old Testament, is the book that explains creation. For those that didn't know, after the New Testament was written, the Old sort of lost legitimacy--thus evolution is not disputed in Christianity.

P.S. If you're going to throw out the second commandment, you should probably know the first. And the eight that follow, too.

answered by Guest | 09-07-2010 at 09:53 AM

i just would like to put my two cents in on this argument i for one think its immature to have an argument about religion over the internet this is America everyone is entitled to their own opinion. therefore it isn't anyone's place to judge someone or tell them that they are wrong no matter what your belief there is a higher power for that

answered by Guest | 09-08-2010 at 02:59 AM

yup...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
DID YOU EVER GET THE TATTOO OR DID WE ALL JUST GET A LITTLE RILED UP OVER NOTHING?
Okay, first off, you probably won't ever read this. Hell, same here I typed in boondock saints prayer and found this. Pretty funny how this combo went.

Secondly... You can't really generalize every branch of Christianity into one group. Catholics and Baptists are VERY different, just as an example.

Third... If Christians are trying to force their religion upon you, then that is wrong. However, if you are misreading Christians for being disciples of GOD, then you are wrong. The only JOB that Christians have is to be disciples of GOD. The sheep of the Shephard. Us Christians are to share the grace, love, and word of GOD. Not force it upon such. Again though, some people mistake sharing for forcing. Hearing, "GOD did..." or "GOD saved..." is not the same as "You have to believe that GOD did... ...for me or you go to Hell." That has never been it. We are told, i don't remember the book or verse but, to share the word of GOD. That is what a disciple is. That is one of the BEST translated phrases in the book. Not all meaning is lost through translations... I mean, its only goes as far as "Mi Amor" in spanish translates to "My love" when it doesn't really mean that. It was slang. However back then there wasn't really slang. So it has been translated to OUR slang which makes it more accurate than it would be english to latin.

Forth, I agree... did he/she get it or not?

I think you should. It means what you translate it to be.

answered by Guest | 09-08-2010 at 06:22 AM

Hold on one second Bro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
you guys need a little more faith if you don't believe in god than how did you get here and where did everything come from it didn't just appear from nothing you don't believe in religion . . . let me guess you probably have some problems in your life you find yourself getting pissed off a lot put your faith in a higher power other than your bong and realize life isn't just what you make it god had a plan for you he started you off on the right track and if you fell off it and don't wanna get back on that's your choice have fun in hell I'm not saying you have to believe in any religion but talking about something you know nothing about cause you don't believe its worth your time you have no business talking about
Try using multiple sentences Bro. And one alternative to Creationism is evolution which is probably what this person believes in. I'd like to bring up south park's "Flying Spaghetti Monster" to argue your statement: "You guys need a little more faith, if you don't believe in God, then how did you get here and where did everything come from? It didn't just appear from nothing...etc" Just because you can't disprove something, doesn't mean it exists. You can't say there isn't a flying spaghetti monster out there somewhere, for all you know, there could be. Does that validate it's existence? Of course not. And saying "it didn't just appear from nothing" contradicts the very principle of Creationism. According to you, everything DID just appear from nothing, by God's will of course, but that is no argument. I guess all I am trying to say is; Think before you speak (or post). I am in no way trying to attack Christianity, I am merely trying to stop Christianity from attacking others. Going to end the post now and continue watching The Saints. Hah.

answered by Guest | 09-19-2010 at 04:44 AM

HOLY CRAP
HOLY **** YOU GUYS ARE SAD!!!!!......I'm disappointed in myself for looking through two pages of CRAP!!!!! someone said what it meant....THAT'S IT. everyone else SHUT UP!

answered by Guest | 09-22-2010 at 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
i am god..there you have it..I'm god and your all going to hell
You are an idiot

Anyway I think you should get the tattoo who cares what others think or believe do what you want! and think of it this way, You have one life so live it! get a tattoo, go skydiving, swim with the sharks, do a bunch of stupid stuff before you die, Ive already started lol

answered by Guest | 09-27-2010 at 12:46 AM

Wow.
I can't believe I just wasted 15 minutes of my life reading this. The prayer is awesome. I love all positive religions, and anything that gives glory to whomever you believe in is not only acceptable, but a wonderful idea. I'm Wiccan and have been for almost 7 years now. I was raised Baptist, and in both religions I've learned nothing but acceptance for any faith which encourages living a good life. It saddens me that there's a belief that any one religion is better than another. They all lead you down the same path, and most are even monotheistic; I say your God by any name is still God.

That being said- half of you are jackasses who are pulling out the whole "I'm going to make fun of this thread because I don't have a religion" card- just stop. When you realize that your contempt of faith doesn't make you cool, you'll grow up. You don't need to believe in anything, but there's no reason to be childish towards those who do. And the Bible-thumpers... The Bible was written a couple thousand years ago, largely by men who were not Jesus' contemporaries and were therefore writing hearsay. To believe blindly in anything you read, or treat the Bible as a life manual is ridiculous. It should all be taken with a grain of salt.

answered by CallmeSunshine | 09-28-2010 at 04:24 AM

your wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Its a sin to get a tatoo kinda ironic huh
actually its not a sin to get a tattoo?

answered by Guest | 09-28-2010 at 03:50 PM

Wow this thread got ****** up real fast didn't it.

answered by Guest | 10-01-2010 at 07:20 AM

i believe that if you kill ones that are killing others is justice in Gods eyes and not a mortal sin. if you dont kill them then you are actually letting them kill others and that is a sin cause you're letting people die which is the same as killing that person yourself. kill the evil let the good live.

answered by Guest | 10-03-2010 at 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
its not a sin to get a tat, its just frowned upon, yes your body is a temple of god but i know priests with tattoos, so its not a sin just frowned upon and it depends on the priests belief on tattoos
so because priest has a tattoo its not sin? I think you are over looking the fact that humans are never without sin. You simply know priests who sin.

answered by Guest | 10-13-2010 at 10:59 PM

There is a mixed message here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
And shepherds we shall be
for thee my lord for three....meaning serving the lord

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands....meaning the lord is descending his power/work out to them and they are carrying it out.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be....meaning they are sending souls to god in such an abundance its like a river being flowed forth to him. its a metaphor.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti....in the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit. Hebrew/latin
Hi: Latin yes, hebrew no. At no time was the phrase, "The father, the son, and the holy spirit" spoken as a prayer back then or now in Hebrew. At the time of Christ it was Aramaic that was spoken between Jesus and the Apostles. In Aramaic it would be phoneticly pronounced AaB, aHaYHuON, YiLiYDaA, LKHaSYaA B'aD,RuOKH. The actual lettering using English characters would be Jwhyhb0, 0ydyly, 0ysxl Xwrdb. They did not use vowels in their writing back then.
Are you sure you want anything so confusing written on you?

answered by Guest | 10-17-2010 at 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison View Post
I'm getting a new tattoo and I'm getting the Boondock Saints prayer, but I want to know what it means first since it's going to be on my skin forever. I like how the prayer sounds but the meaning is always important.
What does the prayer from the Boondock Saints mean?
Before you have anything permanently painted by needles and ink on your body, I would suggest getting a temporary version first. If you like it, and people's response does not make you uncomfortable, then consider this: It clearly states in Leviticus that we are in no way supposed to alter, permanently tattoo, or mutilate our bodies because they are a gift from God. However, later on they decided to do circumcision to mark the covenant between God and Abraham. That is a form of mutilation in itself...
The prayer says they will be shepherds of bad men's souls, that they shall kill them in a way so that they might be able to atone for their sins by giving them last rites and the pennies will get them to their place of judgment.

answered by Guest | 10-17-2010 at 01:54 PM

Éire go brách
this boondock thing went all over the place huh?
got some thoughts though

about the tats:

they should have meaning, all mine do, but it should be personal meaning
if you're not sending fresh souls to God, this tat wouldn't make sense on your skin
but do what you do, i ain't one to judge, good movie, good prayer

about the bible:
the old testament is a gathering of ancient stories,
maybe some happened but most are metaphors

and the new testament is based off solar mythology
a story created into religion for two reasons: money and power
and if this offends you because you worship Jesus: go read Exodus 20:3

te nosce

answered by Irish | 10-18-2010 at 04:52 PM

If I saw you with that tattoo I would give you mad props. Its a badass prayer and movie

answered by Guest | 10-19-2010 at 04:21 AM

My prayer for all of you, is that if you don't beleive in God then you may find him. I have been through much in life, as everybody has. God was testing me breaking me down so that I could find salvation. I have not been, nor will ever be a person who says that what you beleive is wrong. I may not agree with it. But what the bible has taught me is that do not judge. It is not your place it is only God the Father's place, he is the one with the final say. I don't beleive getting tattoos is a sin, I do beleive that homosexuality is a sin, but again the bible says that I may not judge, God looks at all sin the same, whether it be murder, or lusting, Jesus died for all our sins no matter what the cause. In response to the original question. I would make sure to educate your self before getting this on your body. Best of luck and God Speed

answered by Guest | 10-26-2010 at 09:35 PM

OK regardless of my religion or how I feel towards the movie. Really all this judgment, opinion, and so much more over someone asking what a prayer from the movie meant. OK wow the internet has really become like life way too much one person starts a question and the whole damn world sticks it's two sense in HUH no wonder no one gets along SAD truly SAD People.

answered by Guest | 10-27-2010 at 02:41 PM

There is one way to heaven - and that is Jesus Christ who died for all man's sin. The only thing man has to do is believe in God and pray the sinner's prayer. As for the tat being a sin....never have thought that before....one man's conviction is not another's.

answered by Guest | 10-27-2010 at 04:49 PM

My very first tattoo was actually the Saints' cross! i am a strong faithed christian, and i have four tattoos, and am planning on getting more. i pray before i get anything like that done, and not once has god told me they are wrong. I do not believe in getting senseless tats, or something with no meaning. All of my tats have a meaning. They all represent people or struggles in my life that i have come through. I also believe that it is a personal conviction level between you and GOD! if you wanna get the tat, go for it, just make sure that is what you want before you do anything that is always gonna be there to remind you of stupidity in your youth!

answered by Guest | 11-03-2010 at 07:48 AM

How About this:
Do not judge so that you will not be judged” Matthew 7:1
For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. Matthew 7:2
In any case both sides of this argument\debate\discussion are correct. In that we as Christians learn first and foremost about Jesus Christ form which we get Christians form. Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins it says in the bible that there were three on the crosses that day a murder and a thief. The murder was on his left and thief on his right, at which point the murder mocked Jesus and said if your the son of god then why not have him save us, however the man on the right said to Jesus i will go with you and so shall he when they died. Jesus was the perfect man he had no sin and knew no evil, we are human and so we are forever destined to sin our job as Christians is to limit such sins and ask for forgiveness. "For God so loved the World, that he gave his only begotten son whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life." ST.John 3:16. Point is for those who believe differently than you, pray in your closets friends meaning pray in silence for those that you love which everyone is your brother and sister treat them as such and remember that they may not believe but is you job to pray the lord god will do the rest. As for those that are "non-Believers", we will never stop loving you so what if you believe differently than me. i don't think less of you for as it says i am not to judge you, for i can find fault of my own in myself to prove i am not as righteous as Jesus Christ nor any man can say that of himself. I am saying that just because we don't see eye to eye or don't believe in this or that why do you speak ill of your brothers and or sisters. Can you not speak you opinion with out using offensive words and by that i mean any word you use negatively to speak about someone else's post. These are all principles we learned long ago as children "if you cant say something nice then don't say it at all.". Remember Brothers and Sisters Kill With Kindness.

answered by Guest | 11-03-2010 at 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRA-Childress View Post
FIRST OF ALL. The Saints are Irish Catholic.
all of you ignorant f**ks can go F**K YOURSELVES. for those who believe it is a sin to get a tattoo, more cultures have tattooed their skin in the past for their God(s) than all the people you see with tattoos today!. for those who believe the prayer was made up by a director, you're just as ignorant. obviously you are not Irish, Sicilian, or any other European native. for those who don't believe in God, DON'T WATCH THE F****** MOVIE! if you don't like the beliefs or the metaphors for believe, then rent a different f****** movie. and don't get online talking sh*t about people who do believe in God and actually give a sh*t what happens to them after they die.

for those who don't believe in God, I'll be glad to put the pennies on your eyes after I send your worthless soul on the path to righteousness.


Ok, I have been reading these comment's on here and YOURS is the one that pushed my buttons a little....
This movie does have a lot of religion it it yes, but just because it has religion in it does not mean that people who don't believe in GOD shouldn't watch it.... I mean, I don't believe in GOD or anything like that... But I don't count myself as atheist either... I'm not sure what to believe in... But this movie is my ALL TIME FAVORITE movie! And with you saying "for those who don't believe in GOD, I'll be glad to put the pennies on your eyes after I send your worthless soul on the pah to righteousness" isn't right. Yes, there are some people out there that talk a lot of **** about religious and all of that, but for you to say that about EVERYONE who does not believe is f***** up.. You don't see me going around saying **** about people who do believe. You're getting all pissed off about people who don't believe, and you wonder why some people who don't believe get pissed off at people that do. It's because of ignorant people like you that have to talk **** about us. If you don't like when people talk **** about religion or GOD or anything like that, then it would be best if you kept you're f****** mouth shut and quit giving people like me a reason to talk ****.

I feel better now(:
BADASS TATTOO THO TOTALLY GET IT DUDE!

answered by Guest | 11-05-2010 at 07:06 AM

sinfull
OK I'm not religious however I understand the point about our bodies being a temple or church which in point proves tattoos are not sinful for most temples churches and monasteries all have STAINED GLASS windows and really that's what a tattoo is.

answered by phoenix | 11-07-2010 at 08:43 PM

All of you guys who do not believe in god should really rethink. We are in the end times now. The signs are all around us. Just pay attention to your surroundings. I'm not trying to preach to any of you. Pick up a bible read a little and see if you change your mind. How can you say something is wrong or right. Non of us know for sure. I'm a Christian it's my belief and my opinion I'm not forcing either one of you. And not all Christians are the same just like not all people are the same. Not all will force their beliefs on you. Don't judge a group of people because of a couple of them have done something wrong.

answered by Ryan | 11-08-2010 at 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Actually the last part translates literally to "upon by name father and daughter and breath to sanctify" but has been modified over years
Yo **** you're an idiot lol. It's In nomine Patris, Et Filii, Et Spritus Sancti - Literally translates to :In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit

answered by Guest | 11-08-2010 at 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Actually the last part translates literally to "upon by name father and daughter and breath to sanctify" but has been modified over years
Don't try to talk if you don't know Latin.
Nomine- ablative case, literally "in/by the name"
patris- genitive case, literally "of the father"
et filii- genitive case, literally "and (et) of the son"
et Spiritūs- genitive case, literally "and of the spirit" "sancti" is an adjective in the genitive case modifying spiritūs and it means "holy" nothings been changed..

answered by Guest | 11-08-2010 at 09:38 PM

for #52 and everyone else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Someone posted in January, "Actually the last part translates literally to "upon by name father and daughter and breath to sanctify" but has been modified over years." That's wrong. It deliberately chooses the most inappropriate meanings for words which have several, and leaves out half of the words indicated by word endings. The Latin for daughter is 'filia' (feminine), not 'filius' (masculine), which actually means son. (like the difference between hija and hijo in Spanish)
The first translation was correct. It's the end of Catholic prayers in Latin:
In Nomini Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
First off i am Irish and American Indian i am also a gay pot smoker for the put the bong down guy just because someone smokes pot dont have nothing to do with religion its natural grows in the dirt like every thing else in the world does. I do believe in a higher spirit tho but dont have a religion. this hole argument is stupid tattoo whatever makes u happy and as for this guy here if u would have answered her a long time a go this hole thing mite not have gotten this bad this is a perfect explanation for the hole damn thing. and everyone else go back and watch the movie again pay more attention the move explains for its self. also i am getting the veritas et aequitas tattood. the move is awesome just have some respect for all mankind no matter the difference.

answered by Guest | 11-09-2010 at 10:24 AM

WTF
So where's your rope people? I will need one to climb back up to the top of this freaking f***** up mess!! Its a movie and you can believe how much and take it as far as you want! I on the other hand have had a tattoo of a butterfly on my back before a seen this load of what ever you want to call it! and to top it off I was born on All Saints Day!! so **** ******* yeah i am getting a tattoo and i may not kill but I will KICKEM" in THE NUTS so hard it will turn their eyes into pennies.. I love it scum should die! so the pure can flourish! that's my thought> bleed you all, oops I mean bless you all! Have you got your f*****g rope yet?!? luv luva luv them boys! and Billy shoot man you are still up there! 10/10

answered by MIss Butterfly | 11-10-2010 at 12:41 PM

yes it does mean in the name of the father, son....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Actually the last part translates literally to "upon by name father and daughter and breath to sanctify" but has been modified over years
Actually You are wrong. IT Does Translate to what he said. Or Literally "In the name of the father, Son and Holy Soul/Breath/ Spirit." Not Daughter.

answered by Guest | 11-11-2010 at 04:33 AM

I am not religious. I am certain though, that if there is a heaven, I will be there. You dont have to believe in fairy tales or some book that was written by men to keep people in line to be a good person. In my experience, most people are religious because they have questionable morals and need something to tell them not to do bad things or there will be consequences. One of my religious friends actually told me that if it weren't for his faith, he would be killing people and doing more drugs and drinking than he already does. He didn't say because he would feel bad for doing it only that there would be afterlife suffering. I guess fear is a good thing. I have a hard time following a god that prefers its flock to follow blindly. It seems that would be something an evil leader would want. Also, the statement WORSHIP ME sounds a little evil. Especially when "or burn eternally" is added to it. I definitely am not going to put anyone, tangible, ethereal or otherwise above my family and friends. Which apparently is cause for everlasting perdition. Religious or not, just keep being a good person and you should be happy.

answered by The Almighty Ryan | 11-13-2010 at 08:02 PM

Moron
If you have to ask the meaning of a tattoo that you already want, you don't need it. The prayer is self explanatory, you are a moron.

answered by Guest | 11-16-2010 at 11:25 AM

Also you may not even know if the director made it up so shut the f*** up and tattoos are a sin?
say that to my father who believes in god and loves him every much so back the f*** off also if you look at their tattoos one is of mother Teresa and then the Celtic cross
OK so tell me they are not religious and if you still think tattoos are bad go f*** yourself people have a right.

answered by Guest | 11-18-2010 at 04:23 AM

Not picking sides here i am a Christian I have tattoos. Everyone point of view on this is different. But my concern is the people on here talking about God..... this "prayer" is not in the bible we know that so where does God come into play here? I think we should leave him out of this. all the guy wanted to know was what this prayer meant. And yeah it is a sweet prayer and id get it to. The bible may say our bodies are holy temples but when we die we get a new body. And i say get it! You only live once, live it well! now if you wanted to get like Satan or something on your body then i would say God might have to come in to play. Always remember tattoos are removable or can be covered up.

answered by Guest | 11-19-2010 at 08:05 PM

Honestly people? I myself am a proud christian, but I dont go around criticizing others for THEIR views. I know God is real, but not everyone does. This post started out as a simple question regarding a simple tattoo. How the whole religion deal got started, Not so sure. But I say go for the tattoo. Its a personal choice, and personal choices call for personal matters. Maybe the tattoo has a meaning to the people who have it tattooed on themselves. Maybe it helped them get through a tough time? Maybe they simply Have a crush on Norman Reedus LOL Either way I found this thread very..interesting lol

answered by Guest | 11-23-2010 at 03:28 AM

There's way too many of these to read and I just found this so...yeah.

But anyway, I know someone with the entire thing tattooed on them.
It's sick as Hell.
So go for it!

answered by Guest | 11-25-2010 at 01:23 AM

wow
For those who believe in god and those who don't.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a sign in the bible that god will rise and strip the carnal minds from this world. Basically killing a person if they're bad, you still get locked up by the laws standards basically since the government conspiracy f******* is so out of whack they don't believe in any of that stuff related to god or the work of god, so yeah, the BDS movies are justified correctly its the government that have crave power to try and take that way from people, which is why the judge doesn't agree with you if you tell them they're "rapist, pedophiles, murderers etc so you killed them" even if you take away a lost soul shouldn't you still have the right to walk the streets since its probably safer there for those who walk the streets other than you? (just like the movie)

(by the way those who say tattoos are signs of sin, then why do the brothers have tattoos on their necks, knuckles and their back if they have full beliefs in their god)..... just like what others said in this,, false religion only calls it a sin, and another said priests have tats so who cares if its a sin or not, if your priest or minister has it, then i guess its not a too big of a deal to get one yourself, or think otherwise about them

answered by Guest | 11-26-2010 at 06:48 AM

Every religion has twisted the word of god to benefit themselves. beleive what you beleive but just think about this, what if? what if when you die there is heaven and hell. what are you going to do then? pick up a bible and read it, learn about religion its not that bad. give you some hope, faith and direction in life.

answered by Guest | 11-29-2010 at 03:57 AM

comment
Thread Tools
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.