Kyrie Irving to Duke?

Kyrie Irving is a basketball player for St. Patrick's High School in Elizabeth, NJ. His position is point guard and he will be graduating in the class of 2010.
ESPN Insider gives him a scouts rating of 97 out of 100. This means that they think that the "player demonstrates rare abilities and has the potential to start as a freshman for a national, top-25 program." He has not yet committed to attending a specific college yet.
Is it true that he's going to Duke?

asked by Perez in Basketball | 3185 views | 10-23-2009 at 12:38 AM

It's the biggest question in college basketball recruiting today as Irving prepares to announce his college decision live on ESPNU's "Recruiting Insider" show.
Kyrie Irving said this on Tweeter: "I don't know what's going on with all these supposed sources, but I have not committed to Duke."
I have the same question, is he going to Duke?

answered by Cama | 10-23-2009 at 12:42 AM

Kyrie Irving verbally committed to Duke during a live broadcast on ESPNU this evening.
The announcement confirmed what many had suspected ever since Irving took his official visit to Duke on the weekend of Sep. 25-27. The Blue Devils had been considered the clear leaders for Irving ever since the Elizabeth (N.J.) St. Patrick senior eliminated Indiana from consideration.
The only surprise may have been that Irving opted to make his announcement on television, instead of via his popular Twitter account. Irving has collected over 3,200 followers on Twitter, a number that has increased significantly in recent weeks, as his decision time neared.

He becomes the third member of Duke’s 2010 recruiting class, joining forward Josh Hairston and fellow point guard Tyler Thornton.

answered by Raul | 10-23-2009 at 12:43 AM

comment