Acne Pillow Cases?

I don't wash my case very often and it seems like acne appears in the morning after i wake up. maybe becaue of the bacteria thats living on my pillow? do you think this is true? Is there a special pillow case to stop acne?

asked by Acme in Men's Health | 3783 views | 09-29-2009 at 11:36 AM

Everyone sleeps on their pillow night after night until they finally decide wash it. But what most people don't realize is that their pillow case can become filled with bacteria and oil from their hair, their skin and anything that is expelled out of their body through your ears, nose, eyes or mouth while they are sleeping. You might say that you wash your face every night and every morning, so you should be able to remove any of those unclean particles from your skin, but the truth is that once these bacteria and oil particles start to stick to your skin they will try to make a home on your skin. Bacteria can survive for a long time on the surface of someone's skin, and usually it's not a problem since we have stable bacteria living there usually.

Letting bacteria from your skin live on your pillow case will probably allow the number of bacteria to multiply. Another side effect of the pillow being "dirty" by our definition is that it will continue to allow more harmful little creatures to develop over time. Think about it - do you really want your skin to meet with old and dirty cell particles, oil and bacteria every single night for roughly eight hours? No! But changing your pillow case might seem like a drag, so there are a few more things to keep in mind.

Changing your pillow case and cleaning your sheets roughly every week will keep your skin happier and cleaner. But it will also allow you to sleep better too! After a wash your sheets and pillow case are much cleaner, fluffier and you will look forward to wrapping yourself up in them. This will in turn contribute to better sleep, less stress and once again cleaner skin with less acne. So to eliminate acne you need to keep your sleeping environment as clean as possible. Most people go out into the polluted world for roughly eight hours every day. Their skin is met with dirt, oil and lots of other harmful toxins that are living outside in our polluted cities. Don't add to the assault on your skin by making the place you sleep another bacteria and toxin attack.

answered by Mario | 09-29-2009 at 11:38 AM

comment