My Mac Is Running Very Slow On The Internet?

My Mac is running very slow on the internet and I don't know why. I have another computer and it works, so it's not a problem with the internet. I use my Mac for everything and it's not slow with the rest of the applications, only when I have to search for something, play games or enter to Facebook. I have to wait almost 30sec while in the other one only 3sec. Do you know why my Mac is running so slow on the internet??

asked by Khalil in Internet | 1970 views | 01-15-2013 at 12:39 PM

My Mac was running very slow on the internet and I didn't know what to do until I found one solution. I searched a lot on the internet and a lot of people had the same problem, so don't worry because you are not the only one.
If you don't want your Mac running slow on the internet, first you have to open your "System Preferences", go to your "Network" settings, make sure Airport is highlighted and click "Configure ". Click the "TCP/IP" tab, type 4.2.2.1 into the blank DNS Servers box, hit return and type 4.2.2.2 and then click the "Apply Now" button. Your internet may restart but it will come back after you hit Apply.
This was a great solution when my Mac was running very slow on the internet, and it helped a lot of people so I hope it will help you too.

answered by Zachariah | 01-15-2013 at 12:42 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.