Easy Pumpkin Pie From Scratch?

My family wants a pumpkin pie for this thanksgiving and I don't have to cook the turkey so I decided to do something for them and the rest of my friends, but it'll be the first time that I'll cook it and I don't know how to do it. I really like to cook but today I don't have a lot of time so I'm looking for an easy recipe to make this pie. Thanks.

asked by cooker in Cooking & Recipes | 1889 views | 11-22-2012 at 07:19 PM

Last year I cooked this pie and this recipe was really good. For making it you will need:

- 23-cm (9-inch) pie crust, partially baked in advance
- 1 small pie pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) brown sugar
- 7 ml (1 1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground ginger
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) 35 per cent whipping cream
- 22 ml (1 1/2 tbsp) brandy (optional)

1. Heat oven to 180 C (350 F).

2. Cut your lovely pumpkin in half; scrape away seeds and fibre and place cut side down on an oiled baking sheet. Cover with foil and now you're supposed to bake it until it gets very tender. Timing will always vary from 30 minutes to over 60 minutes depending on the size and density of the pumpkin. Then let the pumpkin cool, remove peel and mash until very smooth. Let it cool and refrigerate. Set aside 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) pumpkin puree for this 23-cm (9-inch) pie; any extra can be frozen for future use.

3. In a large bowl, beat eggs and both sugars together until combined and smooth and pale in color. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Now using a wooden spoon, stir to combine. Fold in cream and brandy, if using. Place pie plate lined with partially baked pastry shell on a baking sheet. Now you're supposed to fill it with the pumpkin mixture. Bake in a 180 C (350 F) oven until pastry is golden and filling is just set, 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.

4. Serve at room temperature or chilled, perhaps with a spoonful of sweetened vanilla or brandy-flavoured whipped cream on the side. Makes 6 servings.

I hope you like it and your family too.

answered by Peyton | 11-23-2012 at 09:54 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.