Is TV Bad For Babies to Watch?

One day I left my baby girl in front of the TV while I was cooking. After a while, I picked her up and she started crying hectically. And I thought, am I doing wrong by letting her watch TV, considering that she's only 10 months old? That's when I started to ask myself if TV is bad for babies to watch. Many have said before that letting your baby watch shows like the Teletubbies is a good thing because it helps develop their minds but I'm having my doubts. I'm starting to think that TV is bad for babies. What's the risk of letting your child watch TV? Have doctors said that TV is bad and harmful for your baby?

asked by Lisa in Television | 2858 views | 01-03-2012 at 10:16 PM

Children younger than 1 year should not watch television, it's bad for them given the fact that it can harm their eyes and irritate them with the amount of energy coming from it.
So TV is bad for little babies. Children that watch TV from a very young age are more vulnerable to suffer of sleeping disorders, as for behavior disorders later on in their childhood.
But it depends on the baby I suppose, my nephew has watched television ever since he was born and he is very smart and educated.
So if you're a new parent, I would suggest to make your own decision but just to be on the safe side, don't let your baby watch TV if he/she is too young.

answered by Chelsea | 01-03-2012 at 10:20 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.