Is Space Really Infinite or Finite?

My teachers in school always told me that space is infinite but some scientists have declared that it might actually be finite.
What do you think about it? This is a subject where there's not a definite answer, I mean, no one has seen the end of space so nobody can really say if it's infinite or finite. We can only speculate.
So if you had to explain how space works, would you say it's something infinite that never ends or that it's something finite and you reach a point where space ends?

asked by Rupert in Astronomy & Space | 2141 views | 01-03-2012 at 09:29 PM

Space is infinite and it is in constant growth, expanding more and more with each minute and with each year.
NASA has special equipment and they've been able to see that space is not finite and it's actually infinite.
These questions opens the door to so many other questions and answers. We might not be alone out there, and that's something we cannot know yet. Our future depends on how fast it expands.
So basically space is something that never ends and that means that nobody is ever going to be able to make a map of it, since it's infinite.

answered by Clive | 01-03-2012 at 09:33 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.