How Come Dogs Can't Eat Chocolate?

I've heard a rumor about not giving chocolate to dogs because they can become blind. Is this true? Or what are the diseases they can develop? Is it true that my dog can even die if he eats chocolate? I would like to give my dog some treats like chocolate but I first want to know all about their nutrition. So, what's the deal with giving chocolate to dogs?

asked by Shelby in Other - Pets & Animals | 2457 views | 12-10-2011 at 05:10 AM

I don't know about becoming blind but sure chocolate can sicken and even kill dogs, it's also one of the most common causes of canine poisoning. The real danger is a chemical compound called theobromine (similar to caffeine), found in cocoa beans. Do you know what? the real danger lies in dark chocolate, not white!
So be careful with chocolate and your dog, you can even harm the animal and maybe even cause its death.

answered by Barry | 12-10-2011 at 05:11 AM

comment
Thread Tools
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.