What Happened to J.R. Martinez's Face?

I noticed J.R. Martinez is in the 2011 season of Dancing With the Stars. I also was surprised when I saw his face.
J.R. Martinez is an actor from the All My Children soap opera but since I've never watched it, this is the first time that I see his scars.
What happened to J.R. Martinez and his face. They look like burns, were they cause in some sort of accident or was he born that way?
I overheard at work that J.R. Martinez's story is inspiring but I have no idea what they were talking about. Please someone explain.

asked by Jess in Television | 42861 views | 09-20-2011 at 11:37 PM

J.R. Martinez was the victim of severe burns he received while serving in the United States Army.
He drove a Humvee over a landmine, and there was a big explosion. The other soldiers were thrown away when the vehicle exploded.
J.R. Martinez ended up being trapped in the burning Humvee for 10 to 15 minutes. So that's why his face and body got burned. He said he felt he was going to die during those minutes.
His story inspired the character he plays on TV. You should read one of J.R. Martinez's interviews, he is a very cool guy and his story is really amazing.

answered by Cat | 09-20-2011 at 11:38 PM

J.R. enrolled in the army, and when he was in Iraq he drove over a mine and was lucky to come out of that accident alive.
I always think J.R. Martinez is only alive because he is a very strong men, and I don't mean in the outside but in the inside.

answered by Guest | 09-21-2011 at 07:05 AM

Yeah exactly what they said, there are many pictures of him online that show his face before the accident, he's cute.

answered by Guest | 09-21-2011 at 05:54 PM

Jr.
J.R. Martinez was deployed to Iraq and less than a month into his deployment, he was serving as a driver, when his vehicle hit a land-mine. Three other soldiers that were in the car with J.R. Martinez were ejected from the vehicle, but JR was trapped inside. He suffered severe burns and smoke inhalation.

While he was fighting for his life, J.R. Martinez says that his sister Anabel who passed away some time ago, appeared to him, and that gave him the strength to survive.

answered by lily | 10-05-2011 at 04:29 AM

He was in the war and he was driving a school bus but he got in a gold mine and the bus bursted into flames so he managed to get out but he was injured.

answered by Guest | 10-23-2011 at 12:46 PM

Mister Martinez served in army and got burned. The amazing thing about his story is that he never gave up. He never tried to hide his scars because he was worried about the stuff people might say.
He just went out there and started to show his face to the world. I'm proud of JR Martinez.

answered by Guest | 11-01-2011 at 12:49 AM

I heard that he was a victim of 9/11. He was apparently in one of the twin towers when one of the planes hit it.
So he caught on fire but was rescued by firemen just in time.

answered by Guest | 11-06-2011 at 11:46 PM

How dumb can you guys be? J.R. Martinez was driving a Humvee which is not a school bus and he hit a land mine not a gold mine.

answered by Guest | 11-21-2011 at 01:31 AM

what happpened!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I overheard at work that J.R. Martinez's story is inspiring but I have no idea what they were talking about. Please someone explain.
I know because I watch Dancing With The Stars, it happened in the war!
Thank God he was saved and his soul is so strong, he managed to become a big celebrity.

answered by nicol rooneo | 11-22-2011 at 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I heard that he was a victim of 9/11. He was apparently in one of the twin towers when one of the planes hit it.
So he caught on fire but was rescued by firemen just in time.
Wow, if you can't take the time to do 30 seconds worth of research at LEAST read the previous post before you respond with What you "heard". Where did you get your information from? Was it a friend of a friend of yours who knows this guy that's the cousin of a friend who heard from a Cop who know the fireman that heard of the guy who rescued J.R.?

answered by Guest | 11-23-2011 at 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Hahahahaha, so funny, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Did you even take the time to read some of the posts of this discussion? You're hilarious.

answered by Guest | 11-23-2011 at 08:52 AM

He got burnt in an accident in Iraq when he was driving a bus and it crashed and there was a fire. You can see his before and after on many magazines.

answered by Guest | 11-23-2011 at 03:56 PM

HI
I think Jr should have won just like when he won he never gave up kept going he is a African American man who tried to do something an did it if I could I would run up to him an hug him an say thank you for giving his life for the country an not giving up!

answered by TIAISAWSOME | 11-24-2011 at 06:29 PM

J.R. Martinez really kicked it off for the season on dancing with the stars a lot of people say he is weird looking but once I told them about him the story really touched their heart. The reason why he has all those scars and marks is because he survived a big incident in the army. I don't remember the incident but I do know he was burned for 10-15 minutes.

answered by Guest | 11-28-2011 at 12:04 AM

How long ago did that happen?
Because I've been reading about it but I don't know when exactly J.R. Martinez suffered those burns in his face.

answered by Guest | 12-17-2011 at 09:15 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.