Texas Bastrop County Fire Pictures?

Massive fires in Bastrop County in Texas have forced thousands of people to flee and evacuate some parts of the state. Are there any pictures of the fires?
Frustration is mounting among evacuated residents of Bastrop County anxious to find out whether their homes have been destroyed by the fires.
Two people were killed Tuesday in the 33,000-acre Bastrop County Complex fire.
What is the current damage report? Are the fires in Texas being contained?

asked by Lou in Places of the World | 4738 views | 09-07-2011 at 01:44 AM

The fire had destroyed 34,000 acres and 550 homes in Bastrop County mid-afternoon Tuesday.
Emergency crews from Bastrop County battled fires overnight but have still not managed to bring them under control. Some pictures have been published by the Washington Post and they're impressive.
In last few days, the Texas Forest Service has responded to 181 fires in different places including Bastrop, Colorado, Henderson, Caldwell, Montgomery, Grimes, Travis and Limestone counties.
Bastrop County Animal Control set up an emergency shelter for rescued animals and for the pets of people evacuating.

answered by Tom | 09-07-2011 at 01:45 AM

The wildfires are even visible all the way from space. Some astronauts from the ISS published some of the pictures of the blaze in Bastrop County and they look incredible. I see if I can post some of the photos here.
I hope firefighters get the fire under control soon.

answered by Guest | 09-07-2011 at 10:43 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.