Power Outages in CT Map?

Hurricane Irene caused lots of power outages in CT and affected more than 700,000 utility customers.
About half the state is without power right now and more are expected as reparations by Connecticut Light & Power begin.
Where can I find a map of all the power outages in Connecticut? Is the power problem going to be repaired soon? My mom lives there and she said she was fine but has no power and she asked me if I knew anything about it.

asked by Robert in Places of the World | 6582 views | 08-29-2011 at 08:30 PM

Power outages in CT were the primary complaint going into Monday morning. Authorities in Connecticut are currently working on it.
The CL&P website has more info on this, I believe they have a map with all the locations.
Connecticut Light & Power reported just over 595,000 outages Monday morning, or about 48 percent of the company's customers.
Some parts of CT will probably be several days without electricity because of the damage caused by tropical storm Irene. Crews are going to restore power to hospitals, 911 call centers and police first, before turning their attention to residents.

answered by Derek | 08-29-2011 at 08:31 PM

CL&P encourages north central Connecticut residents to stay away from downed power lines.
All the power outages in CT may continue into Sunday. And that is if we get lucky, they said it could be a week or more before power is fully restored.

answered by Guest | 08-30-2011 at 02:55 PM

Connecticut’s electric companies are working around the clock to restore services. Light and Power said however that southeastern CT is going to take more time, the region continues to see a majority of its towns without power. Almost 80 percent of those areas are still affected.

answered by Guest | 08-30-2011 at 11:43 PM

This must be the biggest power outage Connecticut has ever faced. Everyone I know is without electricity and they're all waiting for the repairs to start in our zone.
The worst part is, my parent can't charge their cell phones and that's the only way I can speak to them.

answered by Guest | 08-31-2011 at 07:28 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.