How Early Can You Take a Pregnancy Test?

Taking a pregnancy test too soon after conception can, obviously, lead to inaccurate results. How early after conception can I take a pregnancy test? What's the best timing for it?

asked by Simona in Pregnancy | 4655 views | 09-11-2009 at 10:01 PM

The answer is never overnight, but it does depend on the pregnancy test kits that you use. Cheap pregnancy tests simply aren't as reliable early on.

Pregnancy tests detect the presence of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) in the body. This hormone appears just after the embryo attaches to the uterine lining. The buildup of HCG is rapid in the first few days of pregnancy. This is the hormone that produces the symptoms of pregnancy.

answered by Bon | 09-11-2009 at 10:01 PM

it all depedns on your hormone levels, with my first that i miscarried i kept getting -results until i was 6weeks, however with our son i found out at 3, it popped up +as soon as it hit the stick, there was no question, so dont get frustrated if you know in your heart and it just takes time to find out after all, our children are WELL worth the wait. i hope this helps and good luck to all

answered by Sarah | 09-11-2009 at 10:02 PM

The most accurate results for a pregnancy test will not occur until after your period is due. Every pregnancy test that is on the market today are most likely to give you the most accurate results after this time. Still, if you have been working at conception for a while, it can be difficult to wait those extra days. You may want to try much earlier. If you do try earlier, donít take a negative as an absolute that you are not pregnant. You canít discount pregnancy until you get your period, so there is always hope, up until that point.

One important thing to understand is that every womanís body is different. The process of conception can, therefore, vary greatly from one woman to the next. On top of this, pregnancy can occur several days after conception. In some cases, it can be as much as a week after conception before the fertilized egg actually implants in the uterus, and the hormone hCG (Human Chorionnic Gonadotropin) starts to increase.

answered by Jor | 09-11-2009 at 10:02 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.