Sabrina Parker Photos: ALS Disease?

Sabrina Parker is a 16-year-old girl from North Carolina that had a strange disease. I saw photos of her where she has a trachea tube because she wasn't able to breathe the right way.
Sabrina Parker died on November from ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, which also killed her mother and grandmother.

A photo of Sabrina Parker with her friends.

Sabrina Parker ALS

I read about Sabrina Parker on the Washington Post and I cried after reading her story. I had no idea about ALS.

Where can I find more information about Lou Gehrig's disease?

asked by Walt in Diseases & Conditions | 7687 views | 12-20-2010 at 02:57 AM

Sabrina Parker's story proves that teenagers truly are capable of falling in love, I would love to see a movie about Sabrina Parker.

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), often referred to as "Lou Gehrig's Disease," is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord.

Although the mean survival time with ALS is three to five years, many people live five, ten or more years.

The disorder causes muscle weakness and atrophy throughout the body caused by degeneration of the upper and lower motor neurons.

ALS is often called Lou Gehrig's disease after Lou Gehrig, a hall-of-fame baseball player for the New York Yankees who was diagnosed with ALS in the 1930s.

answered by Dana | 12-20-2010 at 02:58 AM

There is a story about her. The name of the movie is A Walk To Remember starring Mandy Moore and Shane West. The only difference is the girl died from cancer ad they did marry before she passed. It is an excellent movie and a tear jerker.

answered by Guest | 12-21-2010 at 08:55 PM

No one told you about Matt after her death
I would like my name to remain unknown. I was a friend of Sabrina's, we met in Spanish class in 7th grade. I was at her sweet 16, and her Homecoming. The only part of her fight I wasn't there for was the friendship ceremony, because I wasn't feeling well and I didn't want to risk her becoming even more ill.
Matt may have been sweet when she was alive, but after her death, she may as well have been a stranger. A week after Sabrina's passing, he had a new girlfriend! Three days later, when that relationship ended, he started hitting on me and other friends of hers. How's that for love??

answered by A Friend of Sabrina's | 03-02-2011 at 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Friend of Sabrina's View Post
A week after Sabrina's passing, he had a new girlfriend! Three days later, when that relationship ended, he started hitting on me and other friends of hers. How's that for love??

Perhaps you should research the effects of grief on people, and how people cope, or in some cases don't cope. The boy was also 16 I belief or at least close to 16.

answered by Guest | 09-15-2011 at 01:50 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.