Fix: Remove Hard Drive Diagnostic Virus?

How do I remove the Hard Drive Diagnostic Virus? Is there a fix?
I can't get into task manager, I can't access anything. The computer just keeps restarting, is there a simple way to fix my computer?
The Hard Drive Diagnostic virus recently crashed my PC. All I can do at this point is open the command prompt. How can I go about deleting all of this?
Is "Hard Drive Diagnostic" a virus or a legitimate windows 7 issue?

The thing I am most worried about is my documents, they're important for my work and I can't lose them.

asked by Colby in Software | 3624 views | 12-08-2010 at 02:25 AM

Hard Drive Diagnostic is a fake program and a virus. You should uninstall it as soon as possible. Reboot your computer in safe mode and do a system restore.

This works 80% of the time and you don't lose any files. Just remember to restore it to a time before you got the Hard Drive Diagnostic Virus.

In order to use your computer in safe mode, press F8 after you hear your computer beep and before the icon of Windows appears. You will see a menu, select the 'Safe Mode with networking' option and press Enter. Then download any anti malware or anti virus/spyware software and install it. Start a scan on your system and delete the virus. Remember that after the scan is over it is good practice to restart your PC, so you're sure the virus is completely gone.

I had the same problem with the Hard Drive Diagnostic virus, I did this and my anti-virus detected it as soon as I started the scan and then when it finish scanning it cleaned it.

answered by Dawson | 12-08-2010 at 02:26 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.