Is Kinect Worth It?

Is Kinect worth buying? Is it any good?
Next month is Christmas and I'm going to ask for the new Kinect device for the xBox console, so I can play the new games that will be released for Kinect soon. I'm really considering getting Kinect because I really like games you can play by using hand gestures and body movements, just like the games you can play on Wii.
But is Kinect worth getting? I'm hearing a lot of bad reviews about Kinect, some claim its unresponsive and slow.
By the way, is it only for the new xBox?

Do you believe Kinect is worth it?

asked by Alexander in Xbox | 4134 views | 11-05-2010 at 04:58 AM

I say Kinect is not worth it. It has just too many problems.
Kinect needs good lighting and ideal surroundings. If you're lacking either, you're going to see the camera have serious problems keeping up, often glitching out, telling you that you're not standing in front of it when you most definitely are.
I played a game in Kinect and it had a lot of trouble tracking my movements. Sometimes you need to repeat your movement for Kinect to recognize it. It can be very frustrating.

Also, Kinect requires a lot of space in your living room or bedroom. If you want Kinect to work properly you need a lot of space. You will need at least 7 square feet of open space in front of your TV so Kinect can recognize all your movements the right way.

Also if there is stuff that the camera captures, like your couch, Kinect can get confused.
I recommend you read the reviews written by the most popular videogame blogs, they describe in detail all the problems Kinect has at the moment.

Have you considered Move? It is basically the same concept but for Playstation 3. It is more precise.

answered by Marcus | 11-05-2010 at 04:59 AM

wut?
What are you talking about?
Playstation move is stupid, it's just like the wii.
I think kinect is the smarter purchase, because you buy it once and never have to buy any more controllers,
so....
GET KINECTed!

answered by Guest | 11-07-2010 at 01:05 AM

good luck
So you would rather get something that doesn't work?

answered by Guest | 11-12-2010 at 02:21 AM

think now
Its you choice not ours you should decide what to do but of I were you I would first think about all those glitches.

answered by Guest | 03-26-2011 at 09:11 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.