Dan Gilbert Letter About LeBron James?

Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert's open letter to fans described LeBron James' decision to leave Cleveland for Miami as a "cowardly betrayal."
Is Dan Gilbert out of line with his letter?

I can understand that the Cavaliers fans are angry and burning jerseys but i don't understand how a grown man can write such a ridiculous letter cursing your former star.
So what did you think of the letter?

What the hell is the matter with Dan Gilbert?
Calling Lebron's show 'self-promotional' and calling him a 'coward'? Hes just trying to pump up the town right?

asked by Park in Basketball | 2937 views | 07-09-2010 at 03:20 PM

I completely and utterly disagree with what Dan Gilbert is saying in the letter.

Dan Gilbert promises fans the Cavs will work hard to make the team competitive and wrote in all caps in the letter, "I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE."

Dan Gilbert said he now wishes he had done some things differently with James, who spent seven seasons with the Cavs.

"It's not about him leaving," Gilbert said. "It's the disrespect. It's time for people to hold these athletes accountable for their actions. Is this the way you raise your children? I've been holding this all in for a long time."

answered by Truman | 07-09-2010 at 03:21 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.