Nick Skyler Book: Not Without Hope?

Nick Schuyler wrote a book called “Not Without Hope”. His is book, Schuyler writes that to make it through the difficult year, he hung on past endurance.

Nick Skyler said this about his book:

"This is the way I remember it. If I get some things wrong, it is due to the frailties of memory and the horror of what I experienced, not any intention to amend or deceive. This is what I recall after being in the water for forty-three hours, frigid and aching and scared, so hungry and thirsty that I felt I was eating my teeth. This is the best I can do after having three friends die, two of them in my arms."

Schuyler has had to deal with survivor’s guilt. However, Nick Skyler is the only one left who can tell the story. He wrote the book because he felt he owed it to the families and friends of those who died.

When is Nick Skyler's book coming out?

asked by Laura in Books & Writing | 5478 views | 03-04-2010 at 11:44 PM

The book Not Without Hope is all about the boad tragedy and how he survived that boat mishap. Nick schuyler has written in the book about the missing NFL players who were accompanying him at boat.
The book is already in bookstores.

Nick Schuyler, the sole survivor of a Florida boating accident that claimed the lives of three former football players last year, discussed details of the incident this morning with host Matt Lauer on NBC’s “Today” show.

Schuyler recounted the ordeal that took place in the Gulf of Mexico in which Detroit Lions free-agent defensive end Corey Smith, Oakland Raiders linebacker Marquis Cooper and former University of South Florida teammate Will Bleakley were never found after their boat capsized.

He appeared on the "Today" show this morning to talk about the tragic events.

answered by Lucy | 03-04-2010 at 11:52 PM

My Comment
It would have been a better idea if he had explained or asked permission from the families beforehand instead of going out and publishing it. Sure he was there and those were his closest friends, but it seem a bit selfish that he didn't talk to their families prior to writing a novel about his tragedy.

answered by English Chick | 05-11-2011 at 05:56 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.