Louisa Ball Sleeping Beauty?

Louisa Ball is known to her family and friends as the Sleeping Beauty. The girl can sleep for 13 days straight without waking up once. Her family is very worried about her.
Louisa Ball is as beautiful as the Sleeping Beauty herself.

Is Louisa Ball's disease dangerous to her health? Can she die from it?
Being a Sleeping Beauty made her famous, she's all over the media now.

What is the condition Louisa Ball has, is it a disease? Is it dangerous? Bears can sleep for the entire winter and nothing happens to them.

asked by Michelle in Science | 6629 views | 02-05-2010 at 08:33 PM

Louisa Ball suffers from a rare disorder that means she can sleep for up to 15 days at a time.
She has even slept through an entire family holiday and missed school exams. Her sickness or disease is called Kleine-Levin Syndrome and it has no cure. It is also known as sleeping beauty disease.
Her parents Lottie and Richard have to force Louisa Ball awake because she won't wake up to feed her and stop her from starving.
Kleine-Levin Syndrome, or KLS, is a rare neurological disorder characterized by recurring periods of excessive amounts of sleep and altered behavior.
Louisa Ball has it and it has to treat it to stay alive, she can't get a cure.

answered by Mya | 02-05-2010 at 08:37 PM

FRANCE
What was the name and contact info of the doctor louise ball went to in France?

Did louise have HLA tests and have they checked the hypocretin levels for louise? when watching the program last night I kept thinking I wander why hla had not been checked in uk, and from recent findings of my own for my narcolepsy and cataplexy that certain HLA's seem to be associated with the lack of some complete loss of hypocretin which i am trying to find out more about and if you can have it replaced in some form... I'd be very interested to know.

answered by Guest | 07-13-2011 at 09:08 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.