Bud Selig Perfect Game Call?

Detroit Tigers pitcher Galarraga was robbed of a perfect game.

I just read Bud Selig won't reverse the umpire Jim Joyce's admitted blown call that cost Armando the perfect game. After the game, Joyce apologized, saying, “I did not get the call correct ... I just cost that kid a perfect game.”

What is wrong with Bud Selig? Selig says Major League Baseball will look at expanded replay and umpiring, but not the botched call.

Why is Bud Selig dismissing the perfect game?

Feel bad for Tigers fans, that was a horrible call.

asked by Xander in Baseball | 2802 views | 06-03-2010 at 09:42 PM

If Bud Selig had a soul he could have done something about this. I don't care if there's rules against it. If there is, it's time to break them. That call must be overturned.

Bud Selig just announced he will not overturn the blown call that cost Galarraga a perfect game. Bud gets a lot of things wrong.

“As Jim Joyce said in his post game comments, there is no dispute that last night’s game should have ended differently,” Bud Selig said in a statement. “While the human element has always been an integral part of baseball, it is vital that mistakes on the field be addressed.

I know the consequences of reversing a call a day after it was made could be problematic but still.

You can say a lot of stuff about rules and procedure but the truth is, this is not something anyone can fight about, the guy pitched a perfect game and should get it recognized. If he does not get it – baseball has no integrity and is lost.

answered by Marco | 06-03-2010 at 09:50 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.