Do Kegels Work?

I have read in some magazines about the kegels exercises. Is it true that kegels will make you last longer in bed? Do these exercises work?

asked by Gary in Diet & Fitness | 4671 views | 07-27-2009 at 01:14 AM

The kegel exercise is the brainchild of a Southern University of California gynecologist, Dr. Arnold Kegel. In 1948, he developed the exercise to help women control postpartum urinary incontinence.
While Dr Kegel created these exercises for female patients with incontinence; they are very helpful for men and women wanting to improve their sexual pleasure.
For men it does help give you more control over your love making and in particular you do become more aware of the point of no return and therefore can last longer. Erections usually feel harder too.

Women can actually strengthen their Pubococcygeus muscles so much that they can "squeeze" or "milk" something inside of them.

answered by Bill | 07-27-2009 at 01:17 AM

Like most exercises, Kegels only work when they're done regularly and properly. They also work far better for prevention, than after you already have a problem. The most important thing to do is to identify the right muscles. Imagine that you're in midstream and trying to stop your flow of urine-that pulling/contracting feeling is what you're looking to duplicate in these exercises.
Aim to do your Kegels at least three times per day.

I started doing kegels exercises during my first pregnancy. They really do help get prevent stress incontinence.

answered by Lora | 07-27-2009 at 01:23 AM

don't do them everyday... the pelvic floor muscles are, muscles they need time to repair or heal. you don't want to over train them nor do you want them to be too weak... so give your body a day or two to heal after appropriate exercises

answered by Guest | 12-05-2009 at 09:35 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.