Flu Shot Clinic Locator?

I know with all the hype and the media talking about the seriousness of the flu this year that the hospitals and clinics should have the flu shot available. But i have a child with special needs and even the specialty doctors are saying that she has to take her chances until mid October when the flu shots are available.
I want for my kid to get the shot now, I don't want to wait since it can be dangerous. Is there such a thing as a flu show clinic locator?
Also, how much the private clinics are charging for swine flu vaccine?

asked by David in Drugs & Medicine | 3158 views | 10-19-2009 at 09:51 PM

Listen I know we are all worried about this. They are working on it.

The Madison County Health Department is offering walk-in clinics next week for seasonal flu and H1N1 (swine) flu.

A shortage in seasonal flu vaccines last week resulted in the cancellation of scheduled walk-in clinics.

Madison County residents who want the standard seasonal flu vaccine can visit the health department’s walk-in clinic scheduled for Thursday from noon to 6:30 p.m. The charge is $25, but the county health department will accept plans including Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare replacement plans and some commercial insurance.

Those considered part of a “targeted” population can get the H1N1 intranasal vaccine during a walk-in clinic scheduled for Friday, Oct. 23 from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. There is no charge for this vaccine.

answered by Andrea | 10-19-2009 at 09:53 PM

comment