Is green tea good for you?

I'm 19 and I live with my girlfriend. She's thinking about changing to green tea for breakfast because she's been told it's better for our health.
I don't like it, I think green tea is too bitter for my taste. But maybe I'll consider it if in fact it improves my health.
Is green tea as good as people say and should I just bear it and drink it?

asked by Alice2 in Cooking & Recipes | 3175 views | 07-21-2009 at 04:04 PM

Green tea is good for you. The benefits of green tea are numerous, especially if you drink five or more cups a day. Green tea seems to provide excellent benefits for your heart and cardiovascular system, your brain, and for weight control.
Numerous studies have demonstrated the anti-cancer properties of polyphenols. Some studies indeed suggested that tea's polyphenols may reduce risk of gastric, esophageal and skin cancers if one consumes 4 to 6 cups daily.
I don't like it either, to lessen the bitter taste, all green tea should be made with water that's hot not boiling.
Green tea is touted as one of the healthiest drinks on the market, with a whole host of health benefits but you want to drink green tea of high quality.
Black and green tea comes from the same plant, Camellia sinensis.

Some health benefits associated with regularly drinking green tea:

* absorbs and blocks cholesterol
* decreases the levels of cholesterol in the blood and prevents the process of oxidization creating bad cholesterol
* helps prevent heart related conditions within the body
* helps to fight bacteria and viruses
* improves the condition of the intestines by blocking bad bacteria and increasing levels of good bacteria
* helps to stabilize diabetes
* can assist in weight loss
* slows the aging process
* helps to strengthen the immune system

answered by Walter | 07-21-2009 at 04:13 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.