Storkcraft Crib Recall Model Numbers?

My daughter's crib is a Storkcraft and I had heard of this recall today. What are the model numbers they're recalling?

I have been trying to get onto the Storkcraft website and it will not load......I plan on trying again tonight when hopefully it won't be as busy.

do you know if actually a baby suffocated in this crib?

asked by Paige in Parenting & Children | 10423 views | 11-24-2009 at 01:13 AM

I also have a crib that is part of the storkcraft crib recall. Not sure about the crib model number, it’s probably going to be cribs made during a time period since they are all cookie-cuttered and made with the same parts. Check with Consumer Product Saftey Commission, i wanna say and they’ll have more info about the recall there under the baby section.

answered by Hanna | 11-24-2009 at 01:15 AM

The cribs were sold from January 1993 through last month at major retailers including BJ's Wholesale Club, J.C. Penney, Kmart, Meijer, Sears, USA Baby, and Walmart stores, and online at,,,, and More than 1.2 million cribs were sold in the United States and almost 1 million in Canada, where StorkCraft is based.
Model numbers will be release later.

answered by Johanne | 11-24-2009 at 01:16 AM

The CPSC and Health Canada release was dated November 24th. The news reports say ALL cribs with drop-sides are recalled and that there are 4 reported deaths due to malfunctions. The recall is for 2.1 million Storkcraft cribs.

answered by Guest | 11-24-2009 at 05:26 AM

I believe that it is ALL cribs manufactured during that time period. I have the Heather stages made in Feb 2008 and this is the second time it has been recalled. The first was for the mattress support brackets now this. This is absurd!! Aren't they checking and inspecting these cribs before they are put on the market!! Unfortunately, nothing gets done about it until a innocent child gets killed.

answered by Guest | 11-24-2009 at 01:11 PM

Very Tired of StorkCraft!
I have called both of the numbers i can find for stork craft all day and could never get through so i took the crib back to where i got it to see if i could get a new crib... and they only had like 30 model numbers that were recalled even though it says ALL!! I am very frustrated with stork craft because their website doesnt even work!

answered by Guest | 11-25-2009 at 04:46 AM

vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.