Facebook Gold Account Real or Hoax?

Today I saw on Facebook that some pictures and photos say I need a Gold Account in order to see them.
It says something like: "this image requires a Facebook Gold Account.' Is it a hoax?
I didn't even know those existed, am I supposed to upgrade my account? So far, I've been able to see all the images for free. Is this thing for real?
I asked my brother and he said it's fake and that I should check a website called Snopes because they always confirm if something is real or not.
So is the Facebook Gold Account a hoax or is it legit?

asked by Doris in Internet | 4253 views | 09-26-2011 at 06:32 PM

It's not real, there are no Facebook Gold Accounts, everything is a hoax.
Some apps claim that you can actually acquire a Gold Account by paying a small fee, well that is a scam and you shouldn't fall for it.
Also, some users have started a joke on Reddit where you upload a picture that says "this image requires Facebook Gold" but that is just a joke. The image itself is just what you see, and they do it to troll other users.
So never pay for anything related to a Facebook Gold account and if you want to make sure anything is real, check the site's blog, they always post the big announcements there.

answered by Jacob | 09-26-2011 at 06:35 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.