Health Care Bill Page 58?

The US Government is pushing for health care reform and introducing what they call a “socialized healthcare”. This bill is 1000+ pages in length and I do not want to go through all that. I need a simplified, written in plain english summary of the said bill including the now famous Health Care Bill Page 58. Where can I find it?

asked by Guest in Law & Ethics | 4132 views | 08-06-2009 at 06:49 PM

I think you're asking this because you received the email.
Most of what the e-mail says is wrong. In fact, it's a clearinghouse of bad information circulating around the Web about proposed health care changes.
The e-mail includes almost 50 claims about the health care bill in its original form. (The bill is still in Congress, so it's expected to change as members negotiate for votes.)

answered by Devil | 08-06-2009 at 06:54 PM

A summary of HR 3200 (health care bill) circulated the Internet during the summer of 2009. The summarized version stated that the heath care bill's page 58 said the "government will have real-time access to individual's finances and a National Health Care Card will be issued."

According to Politifact.com, page 58 of the health care bill "sets out goals for electronic health records. It says one goal should be real-time confirmation of which services a person qualifies for and how much they will have to pay. That could be achieved by machine-readable beneficiary cards, according to the legislative language. But the legislation does not require the cards."

answered by Feliph | 08-06-2009 at 06:56 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.