Do Kids Need Passports?

I'm taking my kids to Cancun next week. Since they never left the country before I was wondering if they're going to need a passport to fly.
Will they need a passport to travel to Mexico?

asked by Ginger in Places of the World | 3968 views | 07-25-2009 at 04:54 PM

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) establishes document requirements for travel into the United States from Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. The travel documents required for children vary according to the form of travel, the age of the child and whether or not the child is traveling as part of an organized group.

For air travel, all US and Canadian citizens, regardless of age, traveling by air between Mexico and the United States are required to present a passport.

answered by Isaac | 07-25-2009 at 04:57 PM

Yes. All children regardless of age, including newborns and infants, must have their own passport in order to fly outside of the country.
This policy has been put in place to combat the traffic of millions of children around the world who are often sold into slavery, child prostitution or worse. It increases the protection of children by ensuring that they have a valid travel document with a photo and other identifying information.

answered by Uni | 07-25-2009 at 05:00 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.