Is The Shroud Of Turin Real?

Is the Shroud of Turin that was discovered in Jerusalem in 1968 real?
A Vatican scholar claims to have deciphered the "death certificate" imprinted on the Shroud of Turin.

I was just reading some information on that discovery and was wondering if anyone out there has any additional information and wonders if that was really Jesus, what an interesting find of a man that was found with a crown thorn on his head and who was crucified.
I always thought it was real but recently I read it is actually fake.

asked by Becka in Religion | 2250 views | 11-20-2009 at 09:03 PM

I would say it is real.

Dr Barbara Frale, a researcher in the Vatican secret archives, said "I think I have managed to read the burial certificate of Jesus the Nazarene, or Jesus of Nazareth." She said that she had reconstructed it from fragments of Greek, Hebrew and Latin writing imprinted on the cloth together with the image of the crucified man.

Much of the new scientific evidence has risen from the "Shroud of Turin Research Project" or STURP, a highly respected group of scientists who have dedicated themselves to uncovering the scientific mysteries of the Shroud.

The image exhibits clear evidence of rigor mortis with no evidence of decomposition of the body, suggesting the body image occurred no later than 36 hours after death.
The Shroud image exhibits anatomical structures clearly not in contact with the cloth and some skeletal structure, e.g., thus suggesting a type of autoradiograph (X-Ray image).

answered by Mia | 11-20-2009 at 09:05 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.