How Does Criss Angel Walk on Water??

How is it possible that a man can walk on water. Criss Angel did it and while he was walking on the pool, one of the girls inside walked in front of him to show there's nothing beneath him.
So I have no idea how the water illusion works. Can you explain?

asked by Opi in Television | 5709 views | 08-08-2009 at 08:45 PM

A perspex platform underneath the waterline. I watched it fairly closely, but I only saw one person travel across his path partly above the water, so I think a small gap was produced for this lady to swim through and dissuade people from thinking this method. Now if he put his foot directly where her neck had just passed, I would have been impressed, but he stepped well over this point, to whee the perspex bridge may have continued.

And that is how Criss Angel can walk on water. Its a neat trick.

answered by Morgan | 08-08-2009 at 08:48 PM

It's all pre-set. He is standing on clear pexiglass pillars, instead of a layor of glass covering the top of the pool. The swimmers are swimming in between the pillars.

Looks like an invisible platform, and a group of actors that played the "amazed" people in the water, who knew exactly where they should stand, in order to make the trick look more reliable.

answered by Sebastian | 08-08-2009 at 08:51 PM

My opinion is there was a sheet of Plexiglas or a clear material with the same index of refraction as water making the sheet nearly invisible in water. The sheet was about one inch thick standing on edge, resting on the bottom and the other edge one inch below the surface of the water. In some places there are two sheets side by side because he does not always step in line. There was a hole in middle near the bottom where the girl swims through and blows bubbles. There was also a gap or notch at the surface where the girl with sun glasses steps through just ahead of Criss near the end of his walk. Watch her closely as she slips through and then Criss takes a wider step over the notch. If you freeze the frame of the underwater scene when the shoe drops you can see the shadow of the edge of the sheet on the side and bottom of the pool.

answered by Andrea | 08-08-2009 at 08:53 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.