Is 2013 An El Nino Year?

I was reading that maybe this 2013 is an El Nino year and I can't believe it. Is it possible that El Nino last for so long? i know that in this year we had it but is it going to be again in 2013? I don't understand a lot about this storm, so maybe I'm confused and in the news they said something different, but I think that they said that 2013 is an El Nino year. Do you know anything about this??

asked by Harrison in Internet | 1255 views | 12-26-2012 at 03:44 PM

Yes, 2013 is an El Nino year. This storm is a weather phenomenon that takes place every two to seven years and lasts between 12 and 18 months, so it's possible that if it started in 2012 it will continue this 2013.
A special report said that El Nino will last until February, so we are still going to have this for a while. This phenomenon produce consistent changes in wind and rainfall patterns, so we will have to get used to it until spring of the next year. Also, El Nino cause major global weather and climate fluctuations and have consequences on the food, water, health and energy.
To be sure, the storm will be monitored for any impact on global weather and to prevent a potential food crisis.
So don't worry because although this 2013 will be an El Nino year, will last only until February.

answered by Damien | 12-26-2012 at 03:45 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.