What Happens When You Quit Smoking?

I think I may have some exaggerated notions of the agony of going without cigarettes and want to know how long I will be affected by withdrawal symptoms. I definitely want to quit but I don't want to go through hell after I quit smoking.
What will happen to me after I quit smoking?

asked by Gordon in Drugs & Medicine | 2164 views | 07-27-2009 at 12:34 AM

When you quit smoking you experience decreased heart rate, difficulty concentrating, nervousness, headaches, increased appetite and weight gain, insomnia, irritability, and depression. While these symptoms will diminish over time, the adverse effects of nicotine withdrawal always make it difficult for most people to quit smoking.

answered by George | 07-27-2009 at 12:39 AM

If you are planning to quit smoking you will want to prepare yourself for what happens when you quit smoking. You will need to prepare yourself for the physical and mental effects that you may experience when kicking this habit.

Within 12 hours after you have your last cigarette, your body will begin to heal itself. The levels of carbon monoxide and nicotine in your system will decline rapidly, and your heart and lungs will begin to repair the damage caused by cigarette smoke.

Within a few days you will probably begin to notice some remarkable changes in your body. Your sense of smell and taste may improve. You will breathe easier, and your smoker's hack will begin to disappear, although you may notice that you will continue to cough for a while. And you will be free from the mess, smell, inconvenience, expense, and dependence of cigarette smoking.

answered by Harry | 07-27-2009 at 12:41 AM

comment