Solar Eclipse 2010 in America Time?

When will the next solar eclipse be in North America? Will it be in July 2010? When and at what time?

There is going to be a total solar eclipse on July 11, 2010 that is going to be clearly visible from the Easter Island, Chile in South America.
But I've been told this 2010 solar eclipse will not be visible from the United States. The time of the eclipse will be at about 3:30pm EDT. If that is the case I guess I'll have to to watch it via a webcast in America.

So when is the next solar eclipse that will be visible from america? Is it even in 2010?

asked by Christopher in Astronomy & Space | 3335 views | 07-10-2010 at 10:58 PM

You're right. The eclipse of July 11, 2010 will not be visible from America. It is only visible in the South Pacific Ocean and extreme southern South America and it is the same day the World Cup final will take place. Time for this eclipse is expected to be very short.

The moon's shadow will be far in the southern hemisphere to see it from here.

The first total solar eclipse to happen in America will be on August 21, 2017, it will be visible over much of the United States.

The eclipse path will stretch right across the US from northwest to southeast.

answered by Bob | 07-10-2010 at 11:26 PM

A total eclipse of the sun takes place today, but unfortunately not in the United States. To see it – one of nature’s grandest spectacles – you must be located along today’s long yet narrow total eclipse path that stretches across the South Pacific.

answered by Jay | 07-11-2010 at 04:24 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.