OHIO: King Of Kings Jesus Statue Video?

A six-story-tall statue of Jesus Christ with his arms raised along a highway named King Of Kings was struck by lightning in a thunderstorm in Ohio Monday night and burned to the ground.

Some see the King Of Kings statue fire as a sign from God. The video is impressive, you can see the King Of Kings monument burst into flames and become only ashes.
Is the video on youtube yet?

I believe that God is saying he doesn't want his statue there and that he would rather have that money spent on things more important, like help feed the starving children, a shelter for the homeless and stuff like that. So that's why the King Of Kings Jesus Statue was set on fire in Ohio. What do you think?

asked by Live in Religion | 2578 views | 06-15-2010 at 06:37 PM

After the King of Kings statue fire in Ohio, the only thing visible this morning is the charred frame of the plastic foam and fiberglass statue.
The King of Kings statue cost an estimated $250,000 to $560,000 to construct.

A youtube video of the Jesus statue fire.

The large Jesus statue was on prominent display on Interstate 75 between Cincinnati and Dayton just north of the Monroe interchange.

The statue was part of a music theater complex, built in 2004. The massive 8-ton, 62-foot steel, styrofoam, wood and resin monstrosity bathed in massive floodlights, was a fine example of American kitsch, and delighted believers and non-believers alike with its impressive scale.

This is clearly a tragedy for the church and the community. I don't think the Jesus statue was set on fire because God is mad, it just happened because of the weather.
I think they're going to build another King Of Kings statue in the same place.

answered by Pamela | 06-15-2010 at 06:38 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.