Duke University: Karen Owen Thesis & List?

When Karen Owen graduated from Duke University, she made a thesis, or more like a Powerpoint presentation documenting the guys with whom she got in bed, rating them on a scale of 1 to 10.
The "Duke University F**k List" is laid out as a mock thesis, complete with pseudo-academic language.

Karen Owen never thought the list was going to be leaked and read by all the Duke University students.

The thesis wrote by Karen Owen has a name, "An education beyond the classroom: Excelling in the realm of horizontal academics."
Where can I read the entire thesis and list written by Karen Owen?

asked by Hayden in Universities | 6427 views | 10-07-2010 at 04:00 PM

The Karen Owen list is another embarrassment for Duke sports. It supposedly started as a joke among friends.
The list consisted of 13 Duke athletes that she claimed to get in bed with. She rated each of them in categories like "Physical Attractiveness," "Size," "Creativity," "Aggressiveness" and "Talent," among others. She even disclosed the identity of her subjects, not figuring that it would go beyond her friends.

According to some sources, having a “f*ck list” such as the Karen Owen list is commonplace for frat-hopping young women at universities such as Duke.

What happened? She emailed it to just a “few friends” and one of them reportedly leaked it out onto the web and now there is no putting that Genie back in the bottle. It is all over the Internet and all over the news. It was a featured story on NBC’s “Today Show” Thursday.

Duke grad Karen Owen has voiced her apologies over the list that has gone viral, telling the Jezebel.com website, “I regret it with all my heart ... I would never intentionally hurt the people that are mentioned on that.”

If you want to read the thesis I suggest you head over to deadspin, they just published it.

answered by Sherley | 10-07-2010 at 04:02 PM

I just read Karen Owen's full thesis. The list is well-written, and very funny, she did a great job.
And she just did it for fun, I don't understand what the big fuzz is about.
I don't understand why Karen Owen is apologizing about it, a few names were made public, OK, but other than that I see nothing wrong here.

answered by Guest | 10-07-2010 at 10:59 PM

Karen Owens
Evidently Ms. Owens is not a person of discretion. I see the problem in her exploits as a lack of morals, values and discretion. She evidently does not place much of a value on values. This generation struggles with identity and values. Unfortunately you will pay the price for the lack of it.

answered by Guest | 10-08-2010 at 04:59 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.