Mary Jane Clark Biography?

I have read most of her novels and now I want to know more about her. Where can I read the full biography of writer Mary Jane Clark?

asked by Warrior in Books & Writing | 8659 views | 08-12-2009 at 06:08 PM

Mary Jane Clark's Biography:

The daughter of a special agent with the FBI who uncovered Russian espionage during the Cold War and, later, worked on kidnapping and extortion cases, Clark's interest in suspense started at an early age. She attended high school at the Immaculate Heart Academy, in Washington Township, Bergen County, New Jersey, graduating in 1972. With the goal of working in television news, she graduated from the University of Rhode Island with degrees in journalism and political science. She started her professional career as a desk assistant at CBS News headquarters in New York City, eventually becoming a producer and writer.

Mary Jane Clark's media thrillers have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly and other national bestseller lists. Her books have been published in 23 languages.

The Associated Press says: "Her novels are like Agatha Christie's whodunits, but they have a hard, contemporary edge that enhances the fear factor.

They are so addictive, in fact, that her readers would surely suffer withdrawal symptoms unless they kept coming on a regular basis…She is one of the most talented story tellers around."

Mary Jane writes what she knows.

Since her emergence on the media-thriller scene in 1998, Mary Jane has been praised for her ability to use insider knowledge of the television news business to create action and intrigue in her novels.

Mary Jane spent three decades at CBS News' New York City headquarters... where she began her career as a desk assistant after graduating with degrees in journalism and political science from the University of Rhode Island.... and worked her way through the ranks to become a producer and writer.

"I hope that I am sharing with you an insider's view of the television news world and that my 'recurring character' KEY News, and the personalities who work there, love there, scheme there and plot there will entertain you, thrill you and satisfy you. My aim is lay out all the clues in such a way that you don't even realize that you've been given the answer to the mystery until you get to the end…and then realize "Aha... it was there all the time but I just didn't see it."

She has written twelve novels, including Do You Want to Know a Secret? Do You Promise Not to Tell? Let Me Whisper in Your Ear, Close to You, Nobody Knows, Nowhere to Run, Hide Yourself Away, Dancing in the Dark, Lights Out Tonight, When Day Breaks, It Only Takes a Moment and Dying for Mercy.

answered by Omar | 08-12-2009 at 06:10 PM

comment