H1N1 Vaccine Risks in Children?

A company has voluntarily recalled doses of the H1N1 Vaccine because tests suggest that they might not meet potency standards. The federal CDC began notifying health care providers of the situation today.
What are the risks of the H1N1 Vaccine? I'm considering taking my children to the clinic so they can get the H1N1 Vaccine but I fear something could happen to them.
What are the risks for children if the get the H1N1 Vaccine?

asked by Many in Drugs & Medicine | 2143 views | 12-15-2009 at 10:01 PM

The h1n1 vaccine contains antigens that trick the immune system into thinking it is being attacked by the H1N1 virus so it produces antibodies. It takes about a week for immunity to develop after vaccination.
There are not too many risks for children, actually it is more recommended in children.

It is as safe as any vaccine can be. If it was contrived to wipe out people think about this. Millions of people have already taken the H1N1 Vaccine. People should be dropping like flies. We all know this isn't happening. Think of all the diseases that have virtually been wiped out because of vaccines. H1N1 is just the latest.

So yes the risks are minimal for children. As with any medical intervention some people will react to it. Have you had other vaccines? Because most of them contain the same chemicals and preservatives the H1N1 Vaccine does.

answered by Junior | 12-15-2009 at 10:03 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.