Geoduck Clam Recipe?

Our family has been growing geoducks, "gooey ducks," or "goeducks" for over 3 years now, my mom used to prepare some really nice recipes. Since I don't live with her anymore... where can I find recipes with Geoduck clams to make homemade clam chowder?
Although any Geoduck Clam recipe will do... just let me know of any recipes you know.

asked by Rachel in Cooking & Recipes | 4978 views | 12-05-2009 at 04:24 PM

My husband is a fish buyer at Tsukiji and he prepared it the other day as sashimi.
I think geoduck tastes best raw...Sort of crunchy. I like it sliced thin dipped in korean spicy sauce (kochujang + garlic +vinegar + sugar + sesame seeds) with some thinly sliced daikon and green peppers.

Geoduck Clam Chowder Recipe

ngredients

* 10 ounces fresh clam meat, preferably Geoduck, cut in 1-inch pieces
* 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
* 1 1/2 medium onions, diced
* 4 cups clam juice
* 2 cups heavy cream
* 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
* 1 stalk of celery, diced
* 1 large red or white potato, peeled and diced
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black
* 2 dashes of Tabasco
* Juice of 1/2 lemon

Beurre Manie:

* 1/2 tablespoon softened, unsalted butter
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

Directions

Grind clam meat in a meat grinder through large holes or food processor until roughly chopped and reserve.

Melt butter in a large stockpot over low heat. Cook onions until soft, about 5 minutes. Add clams and cook an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid browning.

Add clam juice, turn heat to high, and bring to a boil. Add cream, return to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add carrots, celery, and potato. Cook over medium-low heat, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.

Make beurre manie by mixing butter and flour together with your fingers to form a smooth paste. Press onto ends of a whisk and stir into soup until completely and evenly dispersed. Stir in remaining ingredients, taste and adjust seasonings, and serve immediately.

Source: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/geoduck-clam-chowder-recipe/index.html

answered by Toffy | 12-05-2009 at 04:26 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.