H1N1 Vaccine Availability?

I'm reading about the H1N1 vaccine availability and I don't think it is safe.
My mom is freaking out with all the stuff on tv about it. So she says I should get them. And even if I tell her no, she'll still make me get them and I know it that's my mom. I'm not "that" worried about the Swine Flu, but 1 confirmed case has been discovered and people are saying the towns trying to keep it all quiet. Now I'm getting a bit more concerned.

You know, 19 kids have died in the US from it this week. 30% of those kids were otherwise healthy.
Are you getting the h1n1 vaccine when its available?

asked by Monsy in Drugs & Medicine | 2617 views | 10-19-2009 at 08:24 PM

Officials at the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had expected about 40 million doses of the H1N1 vaccine to be distributed by the end of the month, but it looks as though a maximum of 28 million to 30 million doses will actually be shipped. That's about 25% fewer than expected.

Vaccine production is pretty complex, and it is taking a bit longer than we would hope.

I'm not getting the H1N1 vaccine. After all I'm young and healthy, and Swine Flu's only rarely deadly. If I do get sick I'll get over it and build a natural immunity.

Every time I get the flu vaccine I wind up getting the flu very very badly. I've gone 5 years without getting the shot and haven't one had the flu.

answered by Valerie | 10-19-2009 at 08:27 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.