Stink Bugs: Pittsburgh?

How come stink bugs have been all over the place lately where I am? I live in Pittsburgh. There's been stink bugs all over the place everywhere i go. It's an invasion!
It's like an epidemic of biblical proportions. Every time I turn around, there are a dozen stink bugs on my windows and window screens. I flick them off, but then they come right back.
I turned on the light in my bedroom and there must have been 50 of them. Can anything be done to get rid of stink bugs? What's the best way, I want to use pesticides but my mom says that I shouldn't do it inside the house. What other methods can I try to get rid of stink bugs?

asked by Drew in Other - Pets & Animals | 3662 views | 09-23-2010 at 03:45 AM

The best way to deal with Stink Bugs is to keep them out of your house as much as possible. Screen all openings and attic vents. Make sure your window screens do not have holes in them and that the weather-stripping on doors fits snugly. Caulk all cracks around window and door frames, openings where utility pipes and wires enter your house, and any other opening to the outdoors.

Once Stink Bugs are inside, a lot of times if they get into a dark area, they'll stay there and they'll be happy for the rest of the season until next year in the spring when they come out.

You can use pesticides outdoors, but they should be of the lawn and garden type not indoors.

answered by Tobby | 09-23-2010 at 03:46 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.