Koran Burning September 11 in Florida?

A fundamentalist Florida church's pastor intends to go ahead with a programme to burn copies of the Koran on the anniversary of September 11 amid worldwide outrage and appeals by US authorities to back down from such extremist actions.

Terry Jones is the name of the leader who has planned the "Burn a Quran day" in memory of the victims of 9 11 and to "stand against the evil of Islam," and he is unrepentant.
This Saturday’s three-hour Koran burning is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m.

Is Koran burning day on September 11 a good or really bad idea?

asked by Just in Controversy | 1892 views | 09-08-2010 at 12:02 AM

The Koran burning shouldn't go ahead. It's stupid, uncivilized, and will stir up needless anger in the Muslim world. Pastor Terry Jones should be stopped.
I cannot see the point in burning a copy of the Koran, but then I can't see the point in people burning other countries national flags.

Imagine what would happen if someone, an atheist perhaps, would call to conduct a mass burning of Bibles.
There probably would be lots of violence from those "peace loving" Christians.

I think a lot of people are going to be angry about the Koran burning event. And there's no way to know if any of those angry people might be crazy.

We have to respect other people's belief. That's a freedom of religion, that they want to step on. By burning the Quran they are not only attacking the terrorists but also every Muslim around the world, it's pretty dumb and very unwise but also expected from fanatics who have long history with burning the books they don't agree with.

answered by Sophia | 09-08-2010 at 12:04 AM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.