Quran Burning Day on 9 11?

The head of the so-called Dove World Outreach Center, called on people of good faith to burn a Quran on 9 11 in commemoration of the victims of the attacks in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania.
Mr. Jones, the pastor of the center in Gainesville, Florida, has touted the activity as "International Burn the Koran Day." Jones also authored a book titled "Islam is of the Devil," which has a Facebook page and Twitter account.

What do you guys think about "National Burn A Quran Day" on 9 11?

asked by David in Controversy | 1782 views | 09-07-2010 at 11:16 PM

I am so disgusted about this. I am not Muslim, but I think it is blasphemous to burn any religious holy book. Book burners are nuts and are only doing it to express hate.

Funny that it is the Christians who love book burnings the most claim that their religion preaches peace and love.

There are already repercussions about Quran burning day. Several hundred Afghans rallied outside a Kabul mosque, burning American flags and an effigy of Dove World's pastor and chanting "death to America." Two days earlier, thousands of Indonesian Muslims rallied outside the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta and in five other cities to protest the church's plans.

If this Koran burning day goes ahead, there will be protests from Muslims, but also it will increase the negative perception of the US in Muslim nations. Someone thousands of miles away could be angry enough to want to take it out on someone - American troops, American tourists, or just Americans generally. Perhaps by committing an act of terrorism, perhaps by helping those involved in terrorism, who knows?

Islamic fanatics will freak out and attack anyone who insults their delusions.

answered by Ava | 09-07-2010 at 11:17 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.