iOS4 Jailbreak: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4G & iPod Touch?

Is there a jailbreak for the new iOS4 for my iPhone 3GS, my new iPhone 4G that I will buy and my iPod Touch?

It says on apple I can update to ios4 for free but I want to make sure I will be able to jailbreak it.
I already have a jailbroken iPod touch 3G 32GB via Spirit on the 3.1.3 firmware (my SHSH blobs are already on file). I want to upgrade to iOS 4.
I'm using windows seven.

i have seen loads of videos about jailbreaking iPod touch 2g but none about iPod touch 3g.
if any one has information on windows platform that would be great :]

asked by Dennis in Controversy | 5260 views | 06-22-2010 at 12:23 AM

There is no jailbreak available for iOS4 *yet*. iOS 4 came out today. do you really think that they have found a jailbreak for it yet? give it some time. Geohot has an exploit coming around Thursday and iH8sn0w is releasing new jailbreaking later today or tomorrow.

iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4G & iPod Touch will work with the new jailbreak.

I wouldn't be surprised if they waited for iPhone4 to be released, last thing they want is to have Apple patch the hold that allows them to jailbreak.

iOS4 is confirmed to be jailbreakable, but the process isn't reliable yet. Watch some of the iPhone jailbreak blogs for new info as it comes out, but I would certainly wait a month or two before attempting it and be prepared to reset a few times.

answered by Liam | 06-22-2010 at 12:30 AM

The good thing is that iOS 4 now has folders, backgrounds, multitasking, all those things you'd get with jailbreaking are now native. Still jailbreaking always gives you something else that you can't do with regular iOS4.

answered by Gabriella | 06-22-2010 at 12:31 AM

The weird part however is the missing jailbreak for iPhone 3GS.
The Jailbreak is only compatible on iPod Touch second gen and the iPhone 3G (not the 3GS just yet), but it is expected that the 3GS will be jailbroken soon though.

Dev Team accidentally released the unlock for iPhone 3GS before the jailbreak, which means you can see it but you canít touch it.

answered by Captain | 06-22-2010 at 07:40 PM

Actually all but the new Iphone 4g have been jailbroken... The 3GS is no exception, it also has a jailbreak

answered by Guest | 06-25-2010 at 10:14 AM

Tethered only...

answered by Guest | 06-25-2010 at 09:49 PM

when can i jailbreak my iphone 4g

answered by Guest | 06-29-2010 at 04:54 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.