Stores Open on Christmas Day Toronto?

Just trying to plan. I usually do my shopping on friday and was wondering if anything in toronto will be open on Christmas Day?
Mostly stores since I want to buy presents for christmas, I know it's a bit late but still.
If you know where I can find a list of all the stores in toronto open on christmas day please post the link.

asked by Jackie in Holidays | 3178 views | 12-25-2009 at 05:37 PM

Certain areas of Toronto have a tourist area excemption and are allowed to stay open on statutory holidays. I do believe The area around Chinatown is one of them.

Expect a quiet day. Some drug stores will be open for those who need emergency supplies. You can also see a show at local movie theatres, gas up your car or go out to eat at a restaurant. But shopping in toronto is mostly off this day.

Business will be as per usual at the Pacific Mall (4300 Steeles Ave. E.). It's a designated tourist spot and is allowed to open on statutory holidays - which includes Christmas. Mall officials explain most of their customers aren't Christian and they don't see the need to close up shop for the day. As the only open shopping centre in the eastern part of the country last year, the mall was packed on Christmas Day, and that is what's expected for this year.

answered by Drew | 12-25-2009 at 05:40 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.