Is Michael Voltaggio Married?

The season 6 Top Chef winner is Michael Voltaggio. Michael out-cooked Kevin Gillespie and Bryan Voltaggio, in the Top Chef season finale.

Throughout season 6 of Top Chef, the Voltaggio brothers made it clear that they were each other's main competition. That brother competition added a nice tension to the show.
I want to know if Michael Voltaggio is married? If so, who is he married to?

asked by Nene in Television | 29486 views | 12-10-2009 at 06:00 PM

According to his Bravo Top Chef Bio Michael Voltaggio's hometown is Fredrick, Maryland and has been cooking since the age of 15. Michael is no stranger to moving and cooking around the country. He has practiced his craft at The Dining Room, in the Naples, FL Ritz Carlton. Michael currently resides in Los Angeles, where he is the Chef de Cuisine at The Dining Room, at the Langham Huntington Hotel and Spa.

Michael Voltaggio is married and has two beautiful daughters.

answered by Adrain | 12-10-2009 at 06:03 PM

Yes, Michael Voltaggio is married.
The name of his wife is unknown. This was expected, a guy that handsome has to be married.

answered by Lauren | 12-10-2009 at 06:04 PM

Yes, he is married
Michael Voltaggio is married to my sister, Kerri Adams Voltaggio. They have two daughters and have been married almost 10 years. Spread it around! It is about time Kerri gets some recognition!

answered by Crystal | 12-11-2009 at 05:13 PM

No offense to your sister, but why isn't Michael spreading that news around himself? He's been unusually vague about his single/not single status.

answered by Samantha | 12-17-2009 at 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
No offense to your sister, but why isn't Michael spreading that news around himself? He's been unusually vague about his single/not single status.
Yes, I just viewed a bravotv.com video in which Andy Cohen asks him if he is single and he answers that he has two beautiful children and "not available right now" (that's a quote). What kind of answer is that from a married man of ten years? I would be furious if I were his wife and I sort of resent it on behalf of Crystal's sister (and I don't even know her!). I would think he would just answer that he has been happily married for ten years.

answered by Guest | 01-06-2010 at 03:23 AM

Because Kerri is a skank
Michael and Kerri are in the process of getting a divorce. Kerri got put to the wayside when Michael went to do the show so she decided to sleep around some. From what she says Michael was doing the same.

answered by Guest | 01-23-2010 at 08:09 PM

get your facts straight before you start posting things. Kerri and Michael are not in the process of getting a divorce. if you have something to say that is so nasty and untrue, why don't you have the spine to put your name to it? Kerri's 10 year old daughter, while in the process of looking up things about her dad - found your lovely little note - nice. I have never commented on any of this crap, but this one could not stand idley by. kerri has been extremely supportive of her husband - I have witnessed it first hand! So shut up! deal with your own lives - whether crummy or not - and leave people alone for the love of GOD! Put your energies into doing something for the people of Haiti why don't you????

answered by Jane | 02-10-2010 at 01:19 AM

true
The divorce decree was posted in her hometown paper last week.

answered by Guest | 02-18-2010 at 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Michael and Kerri are in the process of getting a divorce. Kerri got put to the wayside when Michael went to do the show so she decided to sleep around some. From what she says Michael was doing the same.
You know this for a fact? Kerri is a good woman! You have no idea what she has had to deal with the past few years.

answered by Guest | 03-25-2010 at 12:58 PM

She pretty much single-handedly raised two little girls, uprooting them when her husband landed a fellowship or another job (all over the country). Chefs do not make a lot of money, so she supported the family taking on childcare and personal laundry jobs. Kerri has been extremely supportive of Michael and his "true passion" over the years.

answered by Staci | 03-30-2010 at 07:55 PM

Nobody has a clue what Kerri has gone through in her marriage to Michael. Standing back and watching him progress in his " true passion" while he has thrown her and his children to the wayside. It's true what Staci said about Michael, every last word of it. Kerri busted her butt juggling her family and her job, working as a nanny so she could take her kids to work with her.
The food and wine magazine issue that just came out this month stated that in his time off, he lived to spend time with his kids and share new restaurant experiences with them. What a hoot!! How can he do that when he sees his kids about 5 days out of an entire year!!!
He has certainly proved to the world what his "true passion" is. Unfortunately, it does not include his wife or children.
Go ride your motorcycle, and spend lavishly on your expensive vehicle and clothes. Get your tattoos Michael. We know the truth!! You may fool some people, but everyone who knows you personally Michael, know what you really are!
You will never find a more devoted wife and mother to your children.

answered by Guest | 04-10-2010 at 02:48 AM

no disrespect to Michael or his family. but if he is married why doesn't he ware a wedding ring?

answered by Tori | 05-26-2010 at 06:19 AM

Because now that he's famous, he must have women throwing themselves at him, and he doesn't want to ruin his chances with them!!!

answered by Guest | 07-01-2010 at 12:00 AM

Michael v. Kevin/Bryan
I just finished watching the series and found Michael's blase attitude about his family a little disheartening. On one hand, both Kevin and Bryan spoke of the importance of their families and how they are doing the competition because of, and for, them. (Heck, we even know what gift Thatcher got from his pops). And, Kevin is obviously so in love with his wife. I was disappointed that Michael didn't give the same "props" to his wife and daughters--whereas Bryan stayed true to his Maryland roots, it appears that Michael's "gone L.A." Celebrity chefs are called that for a reason--they act like celebrities...in that crowd, sadly, the "nice guys" are generally the exception to the rule.

answered by Heather | 08-08-2010 at 04:30 AM

The fact is that Michael abandoned his wife and children. He could care less about them. He's not a man. He's a coward that hinds behind his fancy cars, expensive sunglasses and tattoos. He has always only cared about himself. His wife and daughters were always put on the backburner. Kerri ( his soon to be X wife) has been treated horribly the entire marriage. She was never allowed to share in anything he ever accomplished. He never wanted to be seen with her. I've seen her numerous occasions cry because she was never made to feel the least bit important. It was and still is always about him.
When Michael won the title of Top Chef, their daughter Olivia posted a picture of the family on Facebook, wanting all of Facebook to see that her DADDY won. Michael called Kerri and told her to take all personal family photos off of FB. It was about him and he was not going to share the spotlight.
Karma is a ***** Michael...enjoy your fame and fortune. Your 15 minutes is about up. You'll always be a skinny tattooed up arrogant jerk in my book. It's a big world out there and only 13 million people watched you win Top Chef. That's about the size of California. You aren't as well known as you think. If I didn't know him personally and just saw him on the street, I'd think he was a punk! Just some random scumbag off the street. You look unemployed Michael. Your missing the best days of your kids lives. You can never ever get these moments back. That's ok though, while your pretending to ignore the most important people around you, someone else has come in and taken your place already. Pretty soon those girls can find a real daddy. They'll eventually only know you as the man that walked out on them.

answered by Susan | 09-12-2010 at 02:28 PM

From a stranger's standpoint:
Michael will soon be sorry for not being a family man. If he would just sit back and watch, he would see that his brother is getting a lot more publicity then him. Everyone on the show talked about how important family was to them. Then there's Michael. He can't stop talking about himself.
Don't worry Kerri, you don't need a narcissistic person like Michael. Stay true to yourself. From reading these posts, you must be a fantastic woman and mother to your children. I agree with the above post, Michael will regret his decision someday when he is old and alone. ( He really will be a creepy old man with all of those tattoos.)
Remember Michael, you are but a servant. A chef. Being a Father is much more noble and important. you'll soon see that.

answered by Kimberly | 10-05-2010 at 02:14 PM

i followed this top chef week by week and wouldn't miss it... from the beginning i rooted for Michael and stood true to him and as he won, i dream of tasting his food really bad... now i read all these things about him and it saddens me to think that he could be like this with his family.... Kerri i went thru something very familiar to this and it feels ugly... you help your man for years and when he finally triumphs, instead of thanking us wife's for all the support, they give us a kick in the rear end and go for the young and pretty girls that didn't do crap for them when on their way to success.... one day and mark my words, they start asking, what did i do that my kids don't love me..... and they have the balls to ask...really.... you will survive and don't give up, in the end, your kids will be there for you and that is the best feeling ever... and their 20 somethings will just suck their money... and bye bye.... idiot men...

answered by texas gal | 11-08-2010 at 12:11 AM

Michael will soon be opening a restaurant in CA, I read. I think this is a huge accomplishment, but certainly one that will haunt him forever. Really, what are accomplishments when you have no one that you can share with. The girl that is drunk at the bar and goes home with you? No, I don't think so. If it is true that he has abandoned his family, then at that moment when the ribbon is cut and the restaurant doors open (despite the smile on his face) there will be a moment of sadness and loneliness. One that I feel is deserving. Live on Kerri. Love your family, celebrate the little things, and please know that most people know: behind a successful man is always an incredible women.
Your children should definitely be proud of their father. No doubt about that. I just pray that someday when things slow down for him he will be able to pick up the pieces that he shattered. Stay strong.

answered by Observing from CA | 11-24-2010 at 03:08 PM

He said that he wanted to put back together the relationship with his daughters and try and spend time with his parents.

answered by MVFail | 09-01-2011 at 10:14 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.