Bill Griffith Leaving CNBC?

Is Bill Griffith leaving CNBC? Can't believe it, he's been there forever, and does a great job.
How come? Bill Griffith is leaving Power Lunch on CNBC!?! I'm going to have to change the channel. I can't take more Dennis Kneale.
Maybe this is just a rumor?

asked by Anthony in Television | 24770 views | 11-19-2009 at 09:02 PM

I didn't hear anything about Bill Griffith Leaving CNBC.
Hope it's not true.
Will do the same, won't watch it anymore. It won't be the same without Bill Griffith.

answered by Christopher | 11-19-2009 at 09:04 PM

Bill is gone next week
Nest week is Bill's last week. I wish it was Dennis Neil leaving.

answered by Guest | 11-20-2009 at 06:42 PM

Yes, I heard Bill is leaving CNBC too.

answered by Guest | 11-24-2009 at 05:14 PM

Bill Griffith
So Bill is leaving? Class act! along with Sue Herrea...Gee I have been watching Bill since his days in California..I can not bear to watch anymore of Dennis and Michelle..big egos with a political slant !!

answered by Guest | 11-24-2009 at 05:14 PM

Where's he going?
FOX Business News?

answered by Guest | 11-24-2009 at 09:49 PM

I, for one, will not miss him. He appears to me to be more a man of the left, as are many of the "NBC Family" these days. I hope he manages to take Leisman with him.

answered by Guest | 11-25-2009 at 06:00 PM

Sound like he's taking a year off to travel the world and improve his golf game. Will miss him. But he'll be back.

answered by Guest | 11-25-2009 at 06:03 PM

Wondering
Could he be going to prison?

answered by Guest | 11-25-2009 at 06:42 PM

He is opening a bar in San Francisco

answered by Guest | 11-25-2009 at 07:00 PM

why were they crying? if he's only gone for a year, then that's nothing. a year goes by like a blink these days. i have a feeling he's gone for good or else why would there be such an effort by CNBC to send him off?

answered by Guest | 11-25-2009 at 07:03 PM

Bill was a well balance reporter. Now we will have more of Kudlow Flu, Village Santelli and Malisimo Michelle.

answered by Guest | 11-25-2009 at 07:21 PM

why couldn't it be Dennis
CNBC can kiss that 2hr slot goodbye. Dennis offers NO value and Michelle is very one sided. Bill truly believes that his co-anchor is the audience.

answered by Guest | 11-25-2009 at 07:37 PM

Bill Griffith leaving
I agree with the comments that wish it were Dennis and Michelle leaving. Both of them are irritating and rude to guests. Neither one of them can shut up long enough to let someone else finish a sentence.

I did enjoy Bill and I think Sue is also very good.

answered by Guest | 11-26-2009 at 10:13 AM

Griffeth Leaving
Here's a pretty good article talking about it

answered by Guest | 11-26-2009 at 05:49 PM

Dennis Kneale, Michelle Caruso Cabbrera, Larry Kudlow all need to leave. Their primary job is to report and bring on guests to listen to their views. But these guys wind up interupting their guests 4 words into their answer and promote their biased views and political agenda. When you ask a question I want to hear their answer pro and con. I've seen them get into arguements with their guests! I can understand guests with opposing views getting into arguements but when the host get into the fight with them, GET OFF THE SHOW! You don't belong there if you feel the need to express your personal opinion over the expert guests that you bring on to the show.
I am so sorry to see Bill Griffith leave. He was the Sherlock Holmes of this crew trying to get the answers that we viewers may or may not have thought of. I believe that he wasn't happy with the right wing slant of Dennis, Michelle and Larry rather than acting as reporters and investigating the facts and opinions rather than ramming your own opinion down the throats of your viewers over the opinions of your guests. The only middle of the road reporting is Sue Herrera and hopefully she picks up where Bill left off. Reporting, investigating, gathering facts, listening to the opinions of your guests without interference. Probing your guests with hard questions but listening to their answers without interruption. Bringing objective reporting back to CNBC!

answered by Guest | 12-08-2009 at 05:30 PM

Larry Kudlow is the worst of them
Now that the other loud mouth has been largely banished, the one who brought us his bank scoops, Larry Kudlow is the most trying to listen to. I don't particularly relish some of the others, but at least they generally stick to the topic at hand. But Larry Kudlow invariably brings in the topic that interests him most of all: Larry Kudlow. Rather than allow listeners to hear real thoughts of the guests or other commentators, Kudlow expands his answers ad nauseum, saying the same thing repeatedly in alternative ways. He is a real bore! Kudlow and the bank guy (whose name escapes me) do have something to say, and I find/found them interesting. They just talk too much, refuse to yield the mike.

answered by Guest | 12-31-2009 at 10:57 PM

Remember when Bill, Sue and Ron came over from FNN to CNBC. I am wondering if the NBC transaction had anything to do with Bill's departure; since he was the "owner" of FNN and I am sure his "deal" was restructured.

Back in the day Kudlow was a guest on Bill's Saturday morning show as part of the "A team"; does any one remember the name of the lady from Merrill / stationed in EU which was the other part of the 'team?

answered by William Blake | 01-04-2010 at 05:13 PM

Too Bad
I will miss Bill as well and also remember him from his days at FNN. Tyler is, at least, a good replacement--professional, balanced.

Michelle is horrible--how anyone can go through life that negative and angry is beyond me. I feel sorry for her, and maybe even more so for her husband/significant other. Like others, I agree that getting rid of Dennis K would be addition by subtraction. I watch more in the morning anyway, and nothing about Bill leaving will make me want to watch more at the noon hour.

Still, CNBC has good guests and some good regulars.

answered by Guest | 01-08-2010 at 08:24 PM

Retired
All I can say is how disappointed I am with MSNBC for letting Bill Griffith get away (not having seen him over the holidays, I presumed he was on vacation); I have been watching Bill for probably 25-28 years at least, going back to FNN. As my uncle always says, I have to agree with comment #141 by saying: DITTO, my friends, DITTO!!! "I agree with the comments that wish it were Dennis and Michelle leaving. Both of them are irritating and rude to guests. Neither one of them can shut up long enough to let someone else finish a sentence."

I did enjoy Bill and I think Sue is also very good." I only hope that Sue doesn't get disgusted with her cohorts and give it up as well. She, Maria, Joe Kernan, David Faber & Erin (in the afternoon & late morning--she is really terrific!!) are the only reasons I watch the MSNBC at all! And that new guy, Simon, drives me crazy.....enough already!

answered by RaspberrySweet | 01-13-2010 at 09:19 PM

Agree with comments praising Bill Griffith. He is missed, though Tyler Mathison is doing a good job trying to graciously reign in that obnoxious airhead Dennis Neil , as well as shrew Michelle whose only saving grace is when she puts her own foot is in her mouth! (e.g. iPad's "time of the month"!) As for Kudlow, he is the worst--always and forever. Even heavyweight Hank Paulson could not get in a word edgewise with looney Larry. Word is that he's drumming up his Republicans base to support his run for NY Senate seat. Hope this will put an end to his irritating mouth on TV. Except for the Paulson interview, I refuse to see or hear Kudlow. I tivo Squawk Box and Power Lunch, and watch them both time delayed so I can fast forward through the crap with Kudlow/Neilson/Michelle. LOVE Kernan, Becky and Carl; and David Faber is probably the best business journalist on TV.

answered by Guest | 02-08-2010 at 06:16 AM

I always don't like Michelle and Dennis. I kinda hope Merissa f. Replace Michelle in power lunch. Her voice is easy to listen to and she's not a yeller. One hour of her is not enough or at least I don't get a point why CNBC has 3 anchors in just a one hour section "morning call" and Erin Burnett can manage her own one hour section on "street sign". Merissa many times came on as a sub on street sign and closing bell and she didn't do a bad job either.

answered by Guest | 02-09-2010 at 05:18 PM

mr.
he's leaving because Caruso/Cabrera is such a freak

answered by Guest | 02-11-2010 at 06:25 PM

trish regan and bill griffith
Kneale and caruso are bad but the absolute worst (as a financial reporter/anchor) is trish regan. if it weren't for those tight sweaters she wouldn't be anywhere to be found.

answered by opie | 03-29-2010 at 05:11 PM

CNBC watcher
I agree with the most of the comments. Bill will be missed. Dennis and Michele are impossible to listen to unless you share their strong biases. Larry Kudlow is impossible to listen to. I also agree with the comment about Trish Reagan and her sweaters. I suggest we all listen to Bloomberg. They are way down on my cable network listing but I do get them. While not Bill, they do offer actual "news" and not hot air. I still turn back to CNBC for Erin Burnett, though.

answered by Guest | 04-01-2010 at 01:21 AM

Sorry Bill G. is gone
I seldom watch CNBC anymore. I can remember turning it on first thing in the morning and pretty much having it on all day. Joe Kernan was the first turnoff, so I stopped watching the morning show. Then Kudlow showed up in the morning and he is awful. Sue H. and Bill Griffith at least kept me listening at noon. Then Michele C/C and Dennis came on and now there is no good reason to listen. Erin is OK. The whole CNBC lineup is so far to the right that it makes me sick. I occasionally turn it on to check the stocks but until they stop attacking the left, I'll get my information from the internet.

answered by Guest | 04-08-2010 at 05:31 PM

Bill Griffith
I have been an avid Power Lunch viewer for several years and have gotten the majority of my financial information from CNBC. Bill Griffith & Sue H worked as a team to give us the best, straight-forward business news available. Now Bill is gone and Sue seems to be hanging on by a thread. I can no longer stand to waste my time watching Power Lunch. Dennis is a bore and Michelle spends all her time looking at herself in the monitor and playing to the camera. They constantly interrupt whoever they are interviewing and most of the interviews end up with no factual news that is of interest to me. It seems as though CNBC is taking on the same characteristics of Fox News. Sleazy female anchors with tight sweaters and obnoxious male anchors with bad attitudes.

And why is Bill not longer there?

answered by Guest | 04-13-2010 at 06:35 PM

I no longer feel alone!
Thanks to all of you great people out there, I no longer feel alone--thinking that I must be the only one who felt these biased so-called journalists were so obnoxious I couldn't stand to watch anymore. Bill Griffith was the best! I, too, have watched him since FNN days. I'm so glad he had such a big fan base. I have written numerous times to CNBC to tell them I can no longer watch Kudlow and these other rude, obnoxious anchors. Bill and Sue were the ones with class and I do agree about Faber being the best investigative reporter--another classy guy. For the rest, I'm over CNBC. If they are trying to compete with FOX then why not compete by giving the news and LETTING guests actually finish their thoughts. I can only assume the producers encourage them to butt in. They mistakenly think that it makes for exciting television. When CNN's Crossfire went from interesting to phony attacks, I said it wouldn't last. I say the same about CNBC now. I'm in mourning over Bill Griffith!

answered by Guest | 04-13-2010 at 10:52 PM

In mourning
I fully agree with the favorable remarks about Bill Griffith and the unfavorable ones about the annoying Larry Cudlow.

answered by Guest | 04-14-2010 at 03:07 PM

Too many haters
I will miss bill Griffith and his show. I enjoy ALL the people on cnbc. It seems almost all of these posts want to bash any views except lefty. If all you want is liberal slants then watch msnbc. Let me remind that NBC has never been considered a hot bed for non liberal views. Kudlow is great., I don't read any posts complaining of the liberal blow hard steve leesman. If you want a balance to kudlow, listen to leesman or Jim kramer. It always seems that just because a network throws a few balanced nonliberals on it's show It can't be tolerated by lefties. Talk about sucking up airtime, liberal Jim kramer is the all time king, making Larry kudlow seem quiet by comparison.

answered by Jdhforu | 04-15-2010 at 04:49 PM

I like Bill Griffith a bunch. I have watched him since I was a kid. I am so glad to hear he is only going to be gone a year. However I also find it refreshing to have some common sense reporters on there as well. Rick Santelli is one of the few journalists that reports the facts and actually bucks against any anti-business policy. Sorry if the liberals cant handle the truth about how their party treats business. To be a liberal these days is to be in direct conflict with a free market capitalism society. If you want more of your liberal slant watch any other network besides CNBC and FOX as the rest are in the white houses pocket. Watching the White House engage in name calling with a reporter shows exactly how shallow this bunch is.

answered by Guest | 05-12-2010 at 04:50 PM

Bill Griffith, Sue Herara and Ron Insana all graduated from Cal State, Northridge; Bill and Sue in the same class. Not a bad group of alumni.

answered by Guest | 12-10-2010 at 03:27 AM

retired
Bill Griffith, were you in the Marine Corps in 1958-1959 at Aviation School in Memphis?
Or would it be a family member? You are a CARBON COPY OF THE ONLY PICTURE I HAVE.
Thanks.

answered by Guest | 02-11-2011 at 09:26 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.