What Happened to CNN's Rick Sanchez?

What happened to Rick Sanchez? Rick Sanchez, is a news reporter of CNN. I've notice that he is getting more and more attention. Apparently he was fired from CNN for saying something the network didn't like.
Did he have a fight with Jon Stewart?

What did he say and was it really that serious to get him fired?

asked by Noah in Television | 15778 views | 10-02-2010 at 03:24 PM

Rick Sanchez basically called Jon Steward a bigot and said "Jews run CNN and other networks" and he blames the company for discriminating against him. Of course, he said it in a much more rude tone.
He dared to speak his mind.. possible the truth.. I won't judge that.
I think what he said was 100% correct and something every journalist and media person knows but is afraid to say because they know they'll lose their jobs because it is true!

Rick Sanchez got upset that Stewart and Colbert were joking on him. If he had been smarter, he would have played along and taken advantage of the increased notoriety.

answered by Science | 10-02-2010 at 03:26 PM

fact of life
Good for rick. what he said is the fact, it is painful but it is the truth. What I don't understand is why do these brave people apologized the next day. apology only serve the media masters.
The Media is controlled by the Jews, and big corporations owns by the Jews. they even have control of PBS these days. here is a documentary proofs that the Jews control the media.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6604775898578139565#

answered by Guest | 10-09-2010 at 08:05 PM

GET REAL
You know what? Rick Sanchez was my favorite new anchor on CNN. He made it very clear that he was Hispanic. Did it matter to me? NOT! When I watched him on CNN did I ever think, "What a great HISPANIC news anchor"? NOT! I also happen to like Wolf Blitzer. Just by chance heard that Wolf Blitzer is Jewish about a week or ago. I had no clue nor did it even matter to me what race or religion he was. Now that I do know, do I now think, "What a great Jewish news Anchor"? NOT! Has this knowledge changed my opinion of him or does it matter at all to me? NOT! My point is, what difference does it make what religion anyone is? Why should it matter what amount of Jewish people, or any other race and/or religion of own what part of any company in America? America was built from a melting pot of many different people from all around the world. All of these people came here with their own religious beliefs and built this country as you know it today. Have you ALL researched your own heritage completely? Do not be too shocked if you ever do so to find that YOU are part Jewish, part Hispanic or part black! Now that many of your comments are very similar to comments Adolf Hitler made before he murdered 6,000,000 Jews, I wonder how your opinion would change if you found that you had a relative who was Jewish which made you part Jew?

It is amazing to me the we as human beings have seemed to regress as a race instead of evolve as a race. Last week there was a big deal made about the pope and his reference to Homer Simpson being Catholic. Homer Simpson is a cartoon character people! He is NOT real! These things that human beings made up from the moment they became self aware in order to comfort themselves when it came to their own mortality and to help them deal with the deaths of those they love commonly referred to as, "God & religion" have been the cause of more wars, death and destruction than anything else in the history of the entire earth! (Other than perhaps the day the comet hit the earth).

As a child I remember looking forward in great anticipation to receiving gifts from this magical being called Santa Clause. Eventually I was told that he was not real. What a disappointment that was! However there was a replacement for Santa Clause made for adults! Thank "God"! This being was not only was completely acceptable to believe as an adult but he was even MORE magical than Santa Clause! Wow! This creature is referred to as, "God' by most people in America. Yet as is the case with Santa Clause, there are many different versions of "God" and many different names for "God" throughout the world.

GROW UP ALL OF YOU SCARED LITTLE SELF AWARE SHEEP! DEAL WITH REALITY AND COME TO TERMS WITH THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO GOD AND NO LIFE AFTER DEATH! WHEN YOU ARE DEAD YOU WILL NOT NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE ANYWAY! I PROMISE! JUST LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT AND EVOLVE! YOU NEED TO ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THERE ARE NOT ANSWERS FOR EVERYTHING AND THAT MAKING UP MAGICAL CREATURES TO COMFORT YOU AND TO PROVIDE YOU WITH ALL OF THE ANSWERS YOU WANT HAS DONE MUCH MORE HARM THAN ANY GOOD TO HUMAN BEINGS AS A WHOLE! Or you could just go on with your holy wars and kill each other off until you are all gone and let nature take its course.

answered by Guest | 10-20-2010 at 05:27 PM

teacher
Rick Sanchez was a breath of fresh air. I'm Hispanic and he made it to CNN which is an accomplishment. He had a relaxed way of telling us serious or light news and it's too bad he is not at CNN now. But saying what he did is the kind of anti-semitic stuff that is too close to racist and I'm not sure why he said what he did.

answered by Ed A | 10-20-2010 at 09:23 PM

Rick Sanchez
Very unfortunate that he is no longer on CNN. Maybe he will be hired on another network---HOW ABOUT OPRAH! He is a great anchor, host, and became a great entertainer...should there be a niche.
Definitely handsome and charming.

I realize networks would like to stay on the fence about every topic, but life just doesn't work that way. People have opinions, including networks. You cover specific areas and not others based on the network's bias. Rick Sanchez was really the only reason I watched CNN. Of course I enjoy AC360, but Rick was very personable and approachable. CNN....you made a mistake in my opinion. You will lose viewers, but Rick will definitely be hired somewhere else and do other great things.

Too bad, CNN.
DJ

answered by Guest | 10-21-2010 at 02:29 AM

I miss Rich Sanchez!
I can't believe they let him go. He was such a joy to watch and always seemed to have a heart when telling the news. I think CNN made a huge mistake letting Rick go. I won't watch the noon hour any more because the gal (she's nice to look at) is not as engaging as Rick was. Too bad CNN was afraid to hear the truth as was told from Rick!

answered by Guest | 11-12-2010 at 05:14 PM

I am disappointed that Rick Sanchez is no longer on CNN. He was great and very enjoyable. Come on now, everything anyone says these days is "politically incorrect." Give me a break. Whatever you do, don't let Don Lemon, AJ, Anderson Cooper or Wolf Blitzer go. If you do, you'll definitely lose a viewer.

answered by Guest | 01-06-2011 at 04:58 PM

Rick gone......
I'm sorry I haven't researched this before now. I kept thinking maybe Rick was on vacation, leave or assignment. I just got curious enough to look and WOW.....how disappointing. Brooke is good but she is not Rick!! He was my only news source that I enjoyed watching. Everyone else seems so ho-hum compared to him. TOO BAD FOR CNN! Why do people get fired for voicing the way things really are?? CNN has lost me as an avid fan.

answered by Guest | 03-11-2011 at 08:20 PM

Babbling Brooke
I personally think that Brooke Baldwin threw him under the bus long before his unfortunate mistake.
If you watched the demeanor of Brooke during their time together on the show you probably know what I mean. She hated his occupancy of that position. I could tell she wanted it for herself. She must have an undisclosed relationship with some of the management of CNN. Rick was very good! I miss him.

answered by Guest | 08-21-2011 at 08:58 PM

I don't feel sorry for Rick Sanchez at all! People that work in the media know that their work is scrutinized every day. They make themselves venerable every time they open their mouth. Truth or not, Rick Sanchez knew the risk but he was willing to take the chance. Kind of like Don Imus.

answered by Guest | 09-14-2011 at 09:04 PM

you the man rick
In America we have the freedom of speech..that's what our country was founded on..human rights.

If a person wants to risk his livelihood on living a false pretense then he has that choice, if not then crawl into a shell and act like the Jews did when Hitlers people started doing them in WW-2..and they just took it....but when one speaks out against the Jews they go after that person's bank account..that is fact.

I blame the world's problems in the middle east due to the Jews and the British..the British with their hunger for world conquest dating back hundreds and hundreds of years..they tried to conquer many countries in Europe but they fought back,,so they went after countries they knew they could conquer India, Africa, Australia, the middle east and hundreds of Islands around the globe and other places in Asia..they tried to conquer the Americas but failed to some degree..after WW-2 ended they gathered all the Jews that had fled Germany and other countries and shipped them back to where they mostly came from Palestine, once a Jewish country, then in the hands of the Muslims.

For years the Jews had fled to Europe for better prosperity..nothing was going on in the holy land, no money to make (ask Bernie) when Hitler changed their minds and after the British shipped them back, fearing another WW against them. The Jews and British killed hundreds of Muslims, took their property, stole their lands, renamed the country, all because they wanted to.

And we Americans wonder why we are involve in this middle east mess and why the terrorist Muslims hate our asses....blame it on all on the Brits and the Jews.

answered by Guest | 10-30-2011 at 02:06 PM

I know what happened to him. Rick Sanchez is a Regional Manager for Taco Bell and works at a radio station part-time now.

answered by Juan Stuart | 11-13-2011 at 02:20 AM

Rick
I don't understand why they (Jews) have to be one sided. I have looked up their control on American media and what I've found out is that their control is everywhere. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but what I am saying is that If they are able to speak their mind then why cant a Minority (Rick Sanchez) speak his mind as well? It's called "freedom of speech" my Jew friends, and it's been around since the birth of this nation. What CNN did to Rick was wrong. They put up with Lou Dobbs and his nazi antics towards Latinos for years but yet Rick defends himself (1 time) against a Jew and it's all over for him. WTF!

answered by Guest | 11-15-2011 at 07:18 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.