Touchdown Jesus On Fire Ohio Pictures?

Did you hear about the "touchdown Jesus" thing on I-75 that got struck by lightning and burnt down?

Touchdown Jesus is a big statue in a church in Ohio, after being stuck by the lightning the whole statue was set on fire and now the only thing left is the structure. Have you seen the pictures of Touchdown Jesus now?

Do you think God burned down Touchdown Jesus because he was mad at people for wasting $250,000 on a statue? That money could have fed a lot of poor people.
Where can I see before and after pictures of Ohio's Touchdown Jesus?

asked by Christian in Religion | 5425 views | 06-15-2010 at 05:26 PM

I love Jesus, but come on, a huge statue?
The ‘Touchdown Jesus‘ statue located in Ohio was on fire after the lightning strike hit it yesterday night.

The statue, built in 2004 and dubbed ‘Touchdown Jesus’, was a feature on the grounds of the Solid Rock Church in Monroe. Standing six stories high, the statue was named “King of Kings” but colloquially became called “Touchdown Jesus” — the arms approximate the signal a referee makes for a touchdown in professional football.

These are before and after pictures of the Touchdown Jesus statue.

Touchdown Jesus On Fire Ohio

The statue was one of the best-known landmarks in southwestern Ohio.

The statue stood at 62 feet tall and 40 feet wide. According to the report, its location - along Interstate 75 - often startled motorists driving on the freeway.

The fire spread from the statue to an adjacent amphitheater but was confined to the attic area, and no one was injured, police Chief Mark Neu said. The fire department would release a monetary damage estimate Tuesday, he said.

There is also a video of the Touchdown Jesus statue on fire.

answered by Summer | 06-15-2010 at 05:27 PM

comment
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.